welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekDAY gaming (3.20.17)- What are YOU still playing?

Another weekEND fades to black, the weekDAY challenge begins anew. I felt I had a productive weekend, moving along making my house feel as if one person lives in it than two. That's been a process, I do believe its a bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic (as the phrase goes), but since i'm going to be living here for awhile, I might as well make it more me than a we. Emotional crap aside, I did manage to play plenty of P4G.

I managed to make it to the end of December, or at least where they won't let you progress any longer without fighting the villain for the story. I know the story won't end after this, I have enjoyed the plot and how they have kept the story going even when previous ends to the game seemed imminent. I know almost everyone said the story in P4 was much better than P3, i've held out until now since I loved P3 that much. However P4 is hands down the better story. I still like the dungeons better in P3 and the fighting was more fun but overall P4 gets the edge which is the better game. I'll have Mass Effect Andromeda waiting for me this week, but I think I may finish off P4G first before delving into that.

Enjoy your week everyone. Be safe and play plenty.

What are YOU still playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #2
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

Mass Effect Andromeda

Old 03-20-2017, 08:18 AM   #3
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Xenoblade Chronicle continues to be my mainstay. I haven't played games nearly as much during my weekend as I had wanted to, but I did hop on my z125 yesterday and rode into the night which was a ton of fun.

Planning to spend all day with games today.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #4
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Well my week is off to a frustrating start. I got a giant pothole on my way to work, in almost the exact same place as I did around 18-24 months ago. My car is at Midas for repairs, and I am livid. I live in a relatively low income neighborhood, and it's clear the city let's our streets crumble to dust. I'm sure they'll deny my claim for reimbursement just like they did last time, only this time I'm going to call and raise hell.

Just two weeks ago I had a bunch of maintenance done on my car, including the alignment and having some of the tires resealed. All down the drain now.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
LarsenNET
Koi are awesome

Final Fantasy XV - I'm 30 or so hours in, level 38 and only in chapter 3. All I'm doing is sidequests and hunts. I Just turned in a rare item to upgrade Noctis's weapon to "Ultima Weapon", waiting on Cid to finish it up. I might be a little over leveled.
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

It's a pretty standard week for me, nothing out of the ordinary. The countdown towards 6 on Friday begins.

Horizon: Zero Dawn I finally got back into Horizon this weekend, though my open world get every icon obsession took over a bit. I'm really not very far in the story, I just made it to the Carja gate if that means anything to anyone, but I've done just about every side activity on the way there aside from I think one corrupted zone.

Toukiden 2 I'm looking forward to this tomorrow, but that's dulled a little by the fact that I've already played the first few hours via the demo. Still, I look forward to hunting demons online.

Final Fantasy XIV More weekly stuff, though I'm delving more into Palace of the Dead. That's some fun stuff, and I've heard the story delves in to Ivalice a bit, so I'm intrigued.

It sucks missing out on ME: Andromeda right now, but with Horizon still going and Persona 5 in two weeks there just isn't time.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #7
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
Well my week is off to a frustrating start. I got a giant pothole on my way to work, in almost the exact same place as I did around 18-24 months ago. My car is at Midas for repairs, and I am livid. I live in a relatively low income neighborhood, and it's clear the city let's our streets crumble to dust. I'm sure they'll deny my claim for reimbursement just like they did last time, only this time I'm going to call and raise hell.

Just two weeks ago I had a bunch of maintenance done on my car, including the alignment and having some of the tires resealed. All down the drain now.
That sucks big time. Sorry to hear it.

Week off with the kids for me. Having to tackle some laundry. You'd think telling the clothes between a 10 year old boy, a 7 year boy, and a 3 year old boy and girl would be easy.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #8
Gorvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
That sucks big time. Sorry to hear it.
Likewise, that blows. Hopefully you can get them to cover something.
Quote:
Week off with the kids for me. Having to tackle some laundry. You'd think telling the clothes between a 10 year old boy, a 7 year boy, and a 3 year old boy and girl would be easy.
Man, this is my life. You'll get the hang of it.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #9
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear that Mags. Rough way to start a week.

Keck, may the laundry force be with you. I was taught how to do laundry as a kid, but i'm still bad at it.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 03-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #10
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Thanks guys. I'm hoping the repairs aren't too expensive. I'm waiting on an estimate.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #11
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Well, it's back to class. Not much in the way of a lecture, today, and instead I'm hoping on a bit of dialogue, since we'll be talking about things like rape culture. I don't think everyone is going to agree with me (and that's fine), but hopefully I can demonstrate where there's a double standard. If just a few of them think about that after class, then I've done my job.

They get their proper, book-based lecture, tomorrow, then I'm done with this chapter and we're back on to fun stuff.

Quote:
I can certainly sympathize, Mags. There's hardly an area in New Mexico that doesn't qualify as low income, and sometimes you wonder if they were practicing artillery on some of the streets. Good luck with your claim, this time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #12
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post

Man, this is my life.
I truly feel for ya.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #13
Gorvi

Quote:
I truly feel for ya.
Hey, I've got it down to a science at this point. I can do a full week's worth of laundry in about an hour and a half. I just run it all through the washer and dryer, throw on a movie, and get it done.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:56 AM   #14
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
I can certainly sympathize, Mags. There's hardly an area in New Mexico that doesn't qualify as low income, and sometimes you wonder if they were practicing artillery on some of the streets. Good luck with your claim, this time!
I think there are a couple of neighborhoods in Albuquerque, and a few more in Santa Fe. Definitely nowhere in Southern NM.

That sucks Mags, good luck! Car trouble is the worst, and so much more frustrating when it someone else's fault and they won't take responsibility. I was near ready to murder a fool when an uninsured driver smashed my ride and I learned what that meant for me.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #15
pomeroy
wtf

Well, I got back from Chicago yesterday in the evening (man, eff that drive) and played about twenty minutes of Zelda. Stuck on a shrine where I have to golf, basically.

Hamilton was dope!

Anyway, I'll be playing Overwatch (I need to finish my placement matches...hope I'm just silver and not bronze) and Zelda this week. I was thinking about getting some other stuff digitally for the Switch (Fast RMX, Metal Slug, and Shovel Knight), but it seems silly when I know I'll only be playing Zelda.
Quote:
You're crappy pizza.

Last edited by pomeroy; 03-20-2017 at 10:10 AM.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #16
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Hey, I've got it down to a science at this point. I can do a full week's worth of laundry in about an hour and a half. I just run it all through the washer and dryer, throw on a movie, and get it done.
Well, nice. I take back my sympathy.

It seems like you guys must use less clothing in a week than we do... Or have a faster washer and dryer.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #17
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Al Capone View Post
I think there are a couple of neighborhoods in Albuquerque, and a few more in Santa Fe. Definitely nowhere in Southern NM.
Okay, I'll give you Santa Fe. It'll take some convincing on Albuquerque, though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #18
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
Okay, I'll give you Santa Fe. It'll take some convincing on Albuquerque, though...
In the foothills, but it is all relative so...

I just got to the point in Xenoblade Chronicles I have been working towards since the start of the game. Always my favorite part in jRPGs because here is where they throw you the big twist and you discover that there is so much more going on.

Also, seriously, I cannot stand Riki.

Last edited by Young Al Capone; 03-20-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:17 AM   #19
Gorvi

Quote:
Well, nice. I take back my sympathy.

It seems like you guys must use less clothing in a week than we do... Or have a faster washer and dryer.
Oh, no, I just run it all through first (usually 4 to 5 loads), get it in baskets, then fold it and put it away all at once.

EDIT: Yes, this is what it's come to: discussing how laundry has done. I think we've all known each other too long.....

Last edited by Gorvi; 03-20-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Gorvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #20
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
EDIT: Yes, this is what it's come to: discussing how laundry has done. I think we've all known each other too long.....
Why not laundry. We've talked about everything else with one another

Still talking laundry, I'm glad I actually finished mine over the weekend. I know i'm only one person, there really isn't much but I start laundry than barely finish and don't fold/put away the damn laundry is my pet peeve with myself. I know I shouldn't care living by myself, but I still hate to know I didn't get stuff done I needed to.

I may come ask this thread when I have questions separating colors in the laundry. Still drives me nuts, especially when I get new colors in clothes that aren't suppose to be there