welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #21
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
On a plane next to a crying baby, leaving LA to go back to Arkansas. I think this is actually hell.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #22
jpublic
Threadslayer

My wife and I have developed absolutely horrible laundry habits.

When my wife used to work Sundays, I'd get it done by like noon, but now that she can sleep in I don't even get to start until noon. Usually it's 3 loads, and takes me about 4 hours, because our HE washer takes an hour per load.

But because we have enough clothing, this entire process STARTS with me bringing up last week's laundry to be put away. Yes, we usually let clean laundry sit in the laundry room for a week before bothering to put it away.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:13 AM   #23
pomeroy
wtf

My wife and I each do our own laundry. Which has been working out well so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #24
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

I pretty much only have black clothing and only do laundry when I run out of socks or underwear, then I do it all.

The big battle and cutscene in Xenoblade Chronicles did not disappoint! I now have no idea what is going on besides that there is much more at play than I knew about, which is totally unsurprising knowing jRPG tropes, but this was a particularly good one.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #25
LarsenNET
Koi are awesome

I don't think I have ever done a load of laundry in my life. I don't know if that is pathetic or awesome. Maybe somewhere in between.

Although I do fold and put away.
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #26
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
Oh, no, I just run it all through first (usually 4 to 5 loads), get it in baskets, then fold it and put it away all at once.
Oh, so the hour and a half is just folding and putting away? That makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsenNET View Post
I don't think I have ever done a load of laundry in my life. I don't know if that is pathetic or awesome. Maybe somewhere in between.

I'm going with pathetic.

Folding and putting away is the only bad part, though. (Unless you do pre wash stain removal stuff, which my wife does but I don't. :/)
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #27
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Done with Andromeda and now playing through Thimbleweed Park.
Love these kinds of games when done well.

Also doing Vikings of Midgard. Not done a lot of that one.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #28
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
My wife and I each do our own laundry. Which has been working out well so far.
That avoids a lot of conflict if you destroyed some of her clothes doing her laundry. Makes a lot of sense to do it that way.
Quote:

You fold and put away though. You are part of the laundry process. Pathetic maybe or awesome if you didn't do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
Done with Andromeda and now playing through Thimbleweed Park.
Love these kinds of games when done well.

Also doing Vikings of Midgard. Not done a lot of that one.
I'm guessing your dogs do your laundry. I mean, they are super-human I can see them doing that

I haven't looked, but i'm hoping you review for Andromeda is out or coming soon. I usually get mailed when you post new stuff. I may have missed it though.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #29
MagGnome
Déjà vu

In typical auto shop fashion, Midas wanted me to get over $1,000 worth of work done on my car. Even the cheapest option was $450. So I'm paying them $20 to put on the spare so I can drive it to my own mechanic. Of course I didn't tell Midas that.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #30
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

So, today's discussion went better than expected.

There were a few people who goofed off (which was to be expected), but mostly the information seemed eye-opening. Most of them didn't realize how leniently some rapists had been treated, they didn't know that some of them have parental rights, the arcane and lopsided marriage restrictions some places still have on the books, etc. They also started to realize some of the double standards in our language and perceptions (such as the big difference between a guy taking off his shirt in public and a girl doing the same thing).

We also had a interesting conversation about the potentially negative impacts of a female presidency (as well as a Trump presidency), and whether it would be worth the cost.

Maybe there's hope for them, yet.

Quote:
I guess the question is, haven't doesn't mean can't, right? How about boiling an egg—can you do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #31
LarsenNET
Koi are awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
I guess the question is, haven't doesn't mean can't, right? How about boiling an egg—can you do that?
At this point it's not allowed. I said I would help but I was told to stay away, I would not be any help. Apparently there is a system and I would just fuck it up.

Boil an egg? Who does that? I'd scramble that bitch.

I do the majority of the dishes so I get points for that right, right?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #32
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
At this point it's not allowed. I said I would help but I was told to stay away, I would not be any help. Apparently there is a system and I would just fuck it up.

Boil an egg? Who does that? I'd scramble that bitch.

I do the majority of the dishes so I get points for that right, right?
Many of my married friends would say you are the greatest just hearing you fold and put away laundry, do dishes and can cook. I'm sure building a Koi pond would be in your favor too.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 03-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #33
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
At this point it's not allowed. I said I would help but I was told to stay away, I would not be any help. Apparently there is a system and I would just screw it up.
I'm more interested in "your life" than "this point". Did you get married the week you moved out of your parents' house?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #34
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I've been doing my own laundry since I was 15. I can't imagine never having done so.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #35
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
I've been doing my own laundry since I was 15. I can't imagine never having done so.
Same. That came about due to my mother washing a pair of my jeans, it had money in it, she said "ok, you do your own laundry from now on". I did my own laundry until my first marriage, then my first crazy ex said stay away from laundry. When I divorced, I did my own again but then when I moved in with ADDGirl's family, her mom did the laundry. She loved doing laundry. I wasn't allowed to touch laundry for the next 13 yrs. At least when I had to do it again on my own, I knew how.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:43 PM   #36
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Woohoo! Unless I am missing something major, I just have 6 more writing assignments, and I'll finally be done with that incomplete that I took, last year! I don't teach, next week (the high school is on spring break, at that point), so I am hoping I can get it all wrapped up in that time.

That should pave the way for my graduation, this spring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #37
jpublic
Threadslayer

So I've completed TOrment: Tides of Numenara.

I liked it I guess, but I'm glad I'm done. I felt a little bit like the game lacked some tutorializing and hand-holding. I ended up having to figure out a lot of things by accident. Great example - didn't realize I could change my party until the 2nd half of the game.

The writing was great, the fact that I could get through much of the game without combat was nice. It was a very fun game - not as memorable to me as Planescape was, but still, quite good. I did feel like it was a bit of a slog, however.

Oh well, on to ME: Andromeda!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #38
LarsenNET
Koi are awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
I'm more interested in "your life" than "this point". Did you get married the week you moved out of your parents' house?
I thought that was obvious

We had our house built which took around 9 months (they work slow in the winter) and got it coordinated near the wedding. We each lived with our parents during that time. House ended up getting finished a couple of weeks before the wedding (apparently I had enough clothes) so I moved in first and she moved in our wedding night.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #39
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
I thought that was obvious

We had our house built which took around 9 months (they work slow in the winter) and got it coordinated near the wedding. We each lived with our parents during that time. House ended up getting finished a couple of weeks before the wedding (apparently I had enough clothes) so I moved in first and she moved in our wedding night.
Well, I guess that explains it!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #40
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Trying out Dust: Elysian Tale, not sure how I feel about it yet. It is beautifully animated, the combat seems cool, but the voice acting and theme/setting are not doing it for me so far.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote