welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #41
fitbabits
The Cat Whisperer

I blitzed through Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition on X1. That's the games the the reimagining of Doom wishes it was.

Xbox Live - fitbabits | PSN - fitbabits | Steam - fitbabits | Nintendo - fitbabits

I mean he's so salty, horse[s] come from far away to lick him. - muddi
fitbabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #42
fitbabits
The Cat Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
Welp, today is my birthday. As usual, I celebrate by taking the day off.

In other news, just bought 3 couches, a coffee table, and put down my down payment on my new vehicle. My bank account is not happy with me.
Happy birthday!

Mine falls on Memorial Day this year, so I get the day off (and get paid for it).

Xbox Live - fitbabits | PSN - fitbabits | Steam - fitbabits | Nintendo - fitbabits

I mean he's so salty, horse[s] come from far away to lick him. - muddi
fitbabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #43
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Yeah, I always do mine super early. One of the benefits of raising 4 kids on my own is that return every year. Of course, it always goes to some expense, this year it'll be a bigger car to better accommodate said small humans.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #44
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
Yeah, I always do mine super early. One of the benefits of raising 4 kids on my own is that return every year. Of course, it always goes to some expense, this year it'll be a bigger car to better accommodate said small humans.
That was one of the first sobering revelations we had after learning we were having twins. "[We're] gonna need a bigger [car]".
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:36 PM   #45
Gorvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
That was one of the first sobering revelations we had after learning we were having twins. "[We're] gonna need a bigger [car]".
I had a bigger one, but the ex totaled it. I've been making due with my PT Cruiser (luckily my oldest is tall enough to sit in front), but that is getting way too cramped.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #46
Dav Slinker
stay woke

I'm on the warpath to land some freelance writing gigs, now. Been tapping old contacts and drafting proposals. So far, nothing has yielded fruit, but it sure beats feeling sorry for myself.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #47
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
I had a bigger one, but the ex totaled it. I've been making due with my PT Cruiser (luckily my oldest is tall enough to sit in front), but that is getting way too cramped.
Rough. We were thinking we'd make due with a sedan. Twins pushed us up to minivan territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav Slinker View Post
I'm on the warpath to land some freelance writing gigs, now. Been tapping old contacts and drafting proposals. So far, nothing has yielded fruit, but it sure beats feeling sorry for myself.
I wish you more good luck. How hard would it be getting back to the PI stuff? Are you really just not interested in doing that anymore?
Old 04-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #48
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Quote:
I wish you more good luck. How hard would it be getting back to the PI stuff? Are you really just not interested in doing that anymore?
With my experience and aptitude? Not difficult at all, my old boss could put me to work this week I'm sure. But that job just requires a lifestyle I'm tired of maintaining. I had to walk away and stay walked away.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #49
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
With my experience and aptitude? Not difficult at all, my old boss could put me to work this week I'm sure. But that job just requires a lifestyle I'm tired of maintaining. I had to walk away and stay walked away.
Understood.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:10 PM   #50
pomeroy
wtf

Quote:
Rough. We were thinking we'd make due with a sedan. Twins pushed us up to minivan territory.
I realized I had gotten old when one of my friends got a minivan and I didn't make fun of him. I don't even have kids, but I was all "Man, this is pretty nice and has a ton of room".
Quote:
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #51
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
I realized I had gotten old when one of my friends got a minivan and I didn't make fun of him. I don't even have kids, but I was all "Man, this is pretty nice and has a ton of room".
/resigned nod
Old 04-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #52
Gorvi

Quote:
I hope something comes of it for you.
Quote:
I'm trying to avoid a minivan and get a 6+ seater SUV, but so far that's been a pain for any reasonable price.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #53
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
I'm trying to avoid a minivan and get a 6+ seater SUV, but so far that's been a pain for any reasonable price.
My wife wanted an Odyssey pretty bad.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #54
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

Happy birthday, j, and a late happy birthday, Santa.

[Edit: Wasn't sure if this would be a Persona 5 spoiler or not so I decided to be safe.]

I got past the point where Persona 5 begins, and I really like how it all came together. Plus I love that it mentioned something that I noticed a really long time ago, so that was pretty cool.

I'm hoping to finish my first playthrough this week, but I'm not sure how much longer the rest of it will take. Some of that might depend on how long the voice line trophy takes to get or if I decide to save that for NG+. I was going to try to do all the requests this playthrough, but I think I'm going to just save that for NG+ since I need to do them again to be able to max social links anyway. So I think I'm going to wrap up some other stuff instead. Although it's kinda hard to not try to keep working on these socials links.

I've also been really, really tempted to restart Persona 4 Golden. But that would be too crazy. Plus I don't really want to deal with the Rise trophy right now. So I think I'll try to actually get back to Steins;Gate this week if I manage to finish P5. Maybe that will lead to some Vita action and finishing Zero Time Dilemma and Danganronpa 2 and starting Ultra Despair Girls finally. And then perhaps I'll try to play P4G along with some other games.

Last edited by EWolfmanD; 04-18-2017 at 03:20 PM.
EWolfmanD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #55
Spigot
Turn Me

Happy birthday, J!
Old 04-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #56
jpublic
Threadslayer

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes.

I spent most of my gaming time this weekend (I actually took a 5-day) playing P5. I'm approaching the end, but I'm looking at some of these trophies and I just don't know if they're possible to get in my game. I may have to NG+ them.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #57
pomeroy
wtf

I made it all the way through the fourth palace tonight and promptly got my ass kicked by the boss. I turned it off there and will try again tomorrow.
Quote:
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:01 PM   #58
Spigot
Turn Me

Well, I've spent the past two evenings getting caught up on TV, so now that Better Call Saul and The Expanse are watched, I will be able to play a bit more the rest of the week.

I hope.

Just finished Stories Untold. Lovely little homage to the text adventures of yore with some neat twists thrown in. Super creepy too. Of course the 'puzzle' in the final episode that was completely flummoxing me the other night was solved in a matter of seconds this evening.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:09 AM   #59
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by biosc1 View Post
As someone with difficult taxes to do, it's worth the $200 to scan all my receipts and throw my info at an accountant.
A homeless man can do my taxes. Probably do a better job if doing without software too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnperkins21 View Post
I've been using H&R Block's software for quite a few years now. We don't have anything crazy as far as taxes go, outside of buying and selling multiple houses, so it works well. Nice that it imports everything from the previous year, and going through the motions is very easy. We complete our taxes as soon as we have all of our documents, then file immediately if getting a refund, or save up and wait if we owe.

Just because you do your taxes early doesn't mean you have to file them early. I highly recommend you do your taxes as soon as possible, that way if you do owe, you're not surprised at the last minute and might have some time to save up.

If you're self-employed or own income properties, you might want an accountant. An actual accountant, not someone who works at H&R Block three months out of the year. Otherwise I've had pretty good success with tax software.
One day i'll be self-employed. I will definitely be using an accountant. With that I am hoping life in general financially will be better, not sure i'm going to be buying and/or selling properties but I like to be not the financial disaster I am right now. I'm getting there. Next year I finally will be in a better place financially.
Quote:
I like the sound of this. Writing for a living. Good luck and hope you land a bunch of assignments.
Quote:
Has a nice ring to it for a novel and/or memoir

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #60
Gorvi

Quote:
My wife wanted an Odyssey pretty bad.
It's one I'm kinda looking at. Being realistic, even if it doesn't work out with the woman I'm seeing now, I'll likely eventually end up meeting someone with kids, and having the space of a minivan would be far more practical. Boo practical!

I actually got in some gaming last night, probably about an hour and a half of P5 before I passed out. I think I'm about half way through palace 2 now.