welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-17-2017, 09:08 PM   #21
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Yeah, I don't know what it unlocks. It just seems the design philosophy of the Mario games recently has been balanced for kids just to get through the levels, and Star Coins for a more adult level challenge.
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #22
jpublic
Threadslayer

You know the last mainline Mario game I played and finished was SMW for SNES. Played a lot of spinoffs, but never played any of the N64, GC, or Wii(U) titles.

No real desire to, either.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #23
pomeroy
wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
You know the last mainline Mario game I played and finished was SMW for SNES. Played a lot of spinoffs, but never played any of the N64, GC, or Wii(U) titles.

64 was revolutionary and the Galaxy games are pretty damn great. Other than that...eh. You're fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:28 AM   #24
Pale Ale
Hi There

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post

I like you more than I thought.

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:17 AM   #25
pomeroy
wtf

Made it to the beginning of the fourth Palace last night. I had finished up the third one super early so I had almost two weeks of futzing around. 32 hours in. It's been a minute since I've played a game this much.
Quote:
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:21 AM   #26
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Apparently, re-roofing a house is pretty noisy. I recommend to anyone to not be in the house when they do a re-roofing. I wouldn't care so much but I have paperwork to do and the construction orchestra that is being conducted on my house, isn't helping my already distracted state when I do paperwork.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #27
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

I played the doing a full week's worth of laundry game last night while watching the first episode of the new MST3K season on Netflix. Good times. Maybe some Persona 5 tonight?
Old 04-18-2017, 07:57 AM   #28
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Feeling wicked sick this morning so I called in. I may get some time in with Xenoblade Chronicles today but I may also just lay around watching netflix and youtube.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #29
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Being sick sucks.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #30
jpublic
Threadslayer

Welp, today is my birthday. As usual, I celebrate by taking the day off.

In other news, just bought 3 couches, a coffee table, and put down my down payment on my new vehicle. My bank account is not happy with me.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #31
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Merry Birthday, J!
Old 04-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #32
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Happy birthday! Don't spend all your money!
Old 04-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #33
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Happy bday! Do spend all of your money!

Quote:
Being sick sucks.
Agreed!
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #34
muddi900
Chinese Mummy Odyssey

Happy Birthday J!

Hope your old age brings you the wisdom you sorely need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #35
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Happy birthday, duderino!

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 AM   #36
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Happy Birthday j. May your day off be filled with fun and games.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 04-18-2017, 10:49 AM   #37
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

I swore to myself this year I was going to get my taxes done early, I was even prepared when the W2 forms from work were mailed out (also online from the digital work payroll site). Well of course that didn't happen. I don't even have difficult taxes to do (i'm poor and I don't own anything except my cats and a 20 yr old car). I just hate filling them out. I tried a tax software two years ago, I don't remember which one, it was for free filing from one of the IRS freebie sites I think. That wasn't really pleasant, it soured me on trying it again. Well since today is the deadline for taxes, I thought I better get to doing them. I happen to notice on my w2 stating free filing for those if you qualify and the payroll stuff is linked with Turbo Tax. I thought why not try. Well it went better than I expected. Not only was it easy, it found some minor deductions I never thought I could do. Then when it told me how much money I was getting, I wanted to make sure the info was right. I had done a mock up of my taxes and I was off by $1000. Yes, that is a 1 with 3 zeroes. Yeah, I shouldn't be allowed near anything with numbers. Between this and my state refund, I have $1500 coming my way. For now when the money comes (I chose a paper check, I don't trust myself with that money in my account) i'll bury it out in the yard so I don't spend it. I'll send the treasure map to Karak so I won't lose it. I'm still in shock that i'm getting money back. I haven't had a refund in years (well I did, but I had to pay back on an old return, long story)

Old 04-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #38
biosc1
monoputer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I swore to myself this year I was going to get my taxes done early, I was even prepared when the W2 forms from work were mailed out (also online from the digital work payroll site). Well of course that didn't happen. I don't even have difficult taxes to do (i'm poor and I don't own anything except my cats and a 20 yr old car). I just hate filling them out. I tried a tax software two years ago, I don't remember which one, it was for free filing from one of the IRS freebie sites I think. That wasn't really pleasant, it soured me on trying it again. Well since today is the deadline for taxes, I thought I better get to doing them. I happen to notice on my w2 stating free filing for those if you qualify and the payroll stuff is linked with Turbo Tax. I thought why not try. Well it went better than I expected. Not only was it easy, it found some minor deductions I never thought I could do. Then when it told me how much money I was getting, I wanted to make sure the info was right. I had done a mock up of my taxes and I was off by $1000. Yes, that is a 1 with 3 zeroes. Yeah, I shouldn't be allowed near anything with numbers. Between this and my state refund, I have $1500 coming my way. For now when the money comes (I chose a paper check, I don't trust myself with that money in my account) i'll bury it out in the yard so I don't spend it. I'll send the treasure map to Karak so I won't lose it. I'm still in shock that i'm getting money back. I haven't had a refund in years (well I did, but I had to pay back on an old return, long story)
As someone with difficult taxes to do, it's worth the $200 to scan all my receipts and throw my info at an accountant.
biosc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #39
johnperkins21
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I've been using H&R Block's software for quite a few years now. We don't have anything crazy as far as taxes go, outside of buying and selling multiple houses, so it works well. Nice that it imports everything from the previous year, and going through the motions is very easy. We complete our taxes as soon as we have all of our documents, then file immediately if getting a refund, or save up and wait if we owe.

Just because you do your taxes early doesn't mean you have to file them early. I highly recommend you do your taxes as soon as possible, that way if you do owe, you're not surprised at the last minute and might have some time to save up.

If you're self-employed or own income properties, you might want an accountant. An actual accountant, not someone who works at H&R Block three months out of the year. Otherwise I've had pretty good success with tax software.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #40
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

I always got Turbo Tax for free when I worked at Intuit, so now I'm hooked. I love it. I think I mentioned it recently, but we always do our taxes as soon as possible as well. We always get a pretty big refund, which financial people say to avoid, but I don't care. This year was extreme because we got solar panels. Refund was over 14 grand.

Of course, we've already spent it all on our solar panels.