Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-16-2017, 05:16 AM   #41
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
I am pretty pissed I missed Purps birthday. Sorry man. I need to put my headup out of the molehole I am in most of the time
I did your post on Facebook. I hope my answer was enough to let you know it was fine. I do know you have your nose to the grind...or tv/monitor since you are working, like always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
Well, then you, like myself, can offer a belated but hearty "Happy birthday, Santa!" Here's hoping it was a good one, man.
You have kids to yell at, again understandable

Well no game playing yet since the parents are still here. Unless you count chess. I helped my father use a chess app I had found, we have batted through 4 games so far. I am extremely rusty, but I did manage to win one game and a draw on another. They leave today so i'm hoping to do my laundry then play something.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:24 AM   #42
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.

Coming out of hibernation to post. I got a Switch so I'm going through Zelda still, taking my time to soak in everything. Also, downloaded the Tetris demo and loving that as well. Waiting out Mario Kart soon.
OldJadedGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:57 AM   #43
Spigot
Turn Me

Aside from farting around in my phone for the past couple days, I haven't played anything at all at the in laws. Quite enjoyed F8 Of The Furious yesterday, even though I wore 3D glasses for the whole thing and didn't realize until the end that it wasn't in 3D. Sigh.

Might play some boardgames this afternoon with the family before heading home or I might just keep reading my book & play some more Ace Attorney depending on what other people want to do.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #44
pomeroy
wtf

Ugh. Got one shot in the third palace in persona. That fucking one more mechanic is great when it's helping you but it can fuck you over quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #45
muddi900
Chinese Mummy Odyssey

Got to play Breath of the Wild some more.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #46
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
Quite enjoyed F8 Of The Furious yesterday, even though I wore 3D glasses for the whole thing and didn't realize until the end that it wasn't in 3D. Sigh.
Ha! That is hilarious! I may try to see it tomorrow.

I just got through a stupid hard battle in Xenoblade Chronicles and the cut scene afterwards was a bit frustrating because of stupid idealism. This motherfucker has been backstabbing you and mercilessly murdering your companions and friends all game and you spare him because of blah blah blah. Oh well, the cutscene still ended in an acceptably satisfying way.
Young Al Capone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:49 AM   #47
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Al Capone View Post
Ha! That is hilarious! I may try to see it tomorrow.
I'm so used to seeing most movies in 3D that I didn't even think to check the ticket and they had bins of the glasses by the door to the theater, so we just grabbed them.

I just figured it was one of those lazy 3D redoes in post which is why nothing seemed to pop, but no. I'm just a moron. I did wonder at the start why they didn't have the usual "Put On Your 3D Glasses" alerts but I had been in the washroom when the trailers started so I figured I'd just missed it.

Sigh.

The movie was really fun though.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:28 PM   #48
rein
Colonist

Quote:
Quite enjoyed F8 Of The Furious yesterday, even though I wore 3D glasses for the whole thing and didn't realize until the end that it wasn't in 3D. Sigh.
I wonder if others saw you and put on glasses as well?

I played a lot of P5 this weekend to get as far as I can before a lull. I have made it to 6/1 and not sure I will get much farther since I will have limited gaming time over the next two weeks.

Man, these games are chores. There is a constant feeling of "what did I forget?" and "What am I missing?" Also, they are not games that can be played in short bursts except maybe to grind a bit here and there. I think this is why I always end up checking out before finishing games in the series. I vow to power on through this one though.
rein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #49
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rein View Post
I wonder if others saw you and put on glasses as well?
We were at the back of the theater in the DBox seats so thankfully our shame wasn't on display for everyone.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #50
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Not much gaming for me this weekend. Chris and I downloaded the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo on the Switch yesterday and had a blast with it. I preordered the title back when it was announced and now I'm really excited for it to arrive on the 25th. It's great you guys, especially in multiplayer.

Yesterday morning I went to the Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden & Bird Sanctuary with Chris, a friend, and a coworker. The spring ephemerals are just starting to bloom and I took some good photos. We had brunch afterward and then went to another friend's rugby game, which was exciting. Last night we went out to my favorite gay bar and met up with the local "gaymers" (ugh) whom we occasionally socialize with. It's a little dive bar that's been open since the mid 1950s. Drinks are cheap and for the most part it is very unpretentious. I had a few too many G&Ts and was a little sluggish this morning, but I feel fine now.

Today it is absolutely beautiful outside. My roommates are doing yardwork but I'm mostly staying indoors and focusing on my to-do list, including 3 loads of laundry, some plant society business, e-mails, and packing. I'm going to Wisconsin for work tomorrow and won't be back until Friday, so I need to make sure that I have all of my ducks in a row. We're leaving from "the barn" at 6am so I have to be up at 4:30am, yuck! That also means no gaming this coming week, unfortunately, but I'm hoping that once April is finished I'll have more time for gaming as well as my other hobbies. I'm going to take along a book for evening downtime. I just finished "Homegoing" (excellent!) and I'm debating between starting "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" or "Les Liaisons Dangereuses". Talk about polar opposites! I read the preface of the latter the other evening and it literally put me to sleep, but I'm hoping that the actual book is more interesting. It was banned in France for 40 years after its initial release, so it should be at least somewhat intriguing.

Last edited by MagGnome; 04-16-2017 at 03:26 PM.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #51
muddi900
Chinese Mummy Odyssey

PuyoPuyo Tetris is some real shit. I didn't know Tetris was serious business until my brother kicked my ass up and down.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:39 PM   #52
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
We were at the back of the theater in the DBox seats so thankfully our shame wasn't on display for everyone.
Of course, presumably you were also looking out on a theater full of people not wearing 3D glasses and it didn't occur to you not to need your own.

I think I've seen one 3d movie in the theater because there was no other choice.

My oldest is playing Chrono Trigger on the DS. I'm given to understand that that may be a good thing.
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #53
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Of course, presumably you were also looking out on a theater full of people not wearing 3D glasses and it didn't occur to you not to need your own.

I think I've seen one 3d movie in the theater because there was no other choice.

My oldest is playing Chrono Trigger on the DS. I'm given to understand that that may be a good thing.
The kid has better taste in games than you do.

Just kidding, I like most of the games you like.

Spig, if it is any consolation I bought tickets to see Man of Steel in 3d and walked into the wrong theater (not 3d) and by the time I realized my mistake it was too late. In my defense the guy ripping the tickets directed us to the wrong theater.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #54
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:

Actually you may want to be concerned as a parent. This game is a gateway game to other JRPGs. Soon it will be Final Fantasy, then onto other obscure JRPGs where he can't stop watching those odd anime looking characters. You must stop this madness now!

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #55
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
The kid has better taste in games than you do.

Just kidding, I like most of the games you like.
:P

Well, I'm the one who chose it for him. My wife had ordered Plants Vs. Zombies DS for him for $30, and I'm like, "no, we can do better than that."
Old 04-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #56
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Actually you may want to be concerned as a parent. This game is a gateway game to other JRPGs. Soon it will be Final Fantasy, then onto other obscure JRPGs where he can't stop watching those odd anime looking characters. You must stop this madness now!
I do wonder if I've made a terrible mistake.

Much like the terrible mistake Tapatalk made when they broke multi quote functionality. (They are blaming COG's old version of the plugin, though.)
Old 04-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #57
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
:P

Well, I'm the one who chose it for him. My wife had ordered Plants Vs. Zombies DS for him for $30, and I'm like, "no, we can do better than that."
You did much better, but the first PvZ was pretty good. Definitely not $30 good though.

Seriously though, Chrono Trigger is a game that is very near and dear to me. If he gets into it it may prove to be a gateway drug, but much like real gateway drugs he will struggle to ever capture the magic of the first time again.

Last edited by Young Al Capone; 04-16-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #58
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Awesome. By any chance any of your enemies are attractive females?

I'm guessing a burn is something fun? I feel like TK now asking these nube like questions.
Quote:
Ouch! It's not that often, is it?

Also, I'm pretty sure it's either noob or newb. :P

Also also, yeah, I have no idea what a burn is either.
Quote:
Me neither, but one thing is clear; nube is how it is now spelled.

Just got back.

Best way I can describe it... camping and lots of substances that may or may not be frowned upon by normal society use. Or, as a friend of mine refers to it, "That weird hippie thing you do." Basically, about 50 or so people from the area gather together to drink, dance, play music, create art, and set some shit on fire every few months. Many go for many reasons. I go because I can just turn off the world for a while and unplug. I also go because "substances." Others go because they love the community and creating art. Many reasons for many people. It's not for everyone.

Now I'm going to take a shower and a nap.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
FFXIV: Assyndra Siafu on Hyperion (US)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #59
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
You did much better, but the first PvZ was pretty good.
No argument there. But I already own it on PC and Kindle. Plus there's the second one for free.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #60
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodwin View Post
Just got back.

Best way I can describe it... camping and lots of substances that may or may not be frowned upon by normal society use. Or, as a friend of mine refers to it, "That weird hippie thing you do." Basically, about 50 or so people from the area gather together to drink, dance, play music, create art, and set some shit on fire every few months. Many go for many reasons. I go because I can just turn off the world for a while and unplug. I also go because "substances." Others go because they love the community and creating art. Many reasons for many people. It's not for everyone.

Now I'm going to take a shower and a nap.
Ahhh, I thought it sounded sort of like that. I was picturing more of a full on burning man situation though. Sounds cool, though I would likely skip the substances besides alcohol, especially if they are of the hallucinogenic variety. Glad you had a good time!