welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-10-2017, 05:21 AM   #1
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekDAY gaming (4.10.17)- What are YOU still playing?

Actually, there is really never enough coffee. Ever. Mondays I don't mind, no coffee...that is just a tragedy.

More coffee, less tragedy, more gaming...

What are YOU still playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:32 AM   #2
rein
Colonist

I'm not going to have much time for gaming, at least not for the next few days.

I'm considering starting a playthrough of P5 on safe mode to see how it is. I'm considering a first playthrough on safe mode for socializing and story and then a game plus playthrough for dungeon crawling and persona collecting. Safe mode might be too easy though and I would like to at least collect and use a few poke.... Personas.
rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
LarsenNET
Koi are awesome

Final Fantasy XV: 85hrs in, level 76ish. 10 hunts left, the turtle, rank 9 and post game hunts are the only ones left. Finished all of the dungeons on the main world and I've done just about everything you can do except some of the legendary fish. I'm ready to continue the story at the beginning of Chapter 10.
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:27 AM   #4
biosc1
monoputer

More Horizons. About 70% through.

Other than that, I'll keep messing around with PlayerUnknown's Battleground. Though, I'm getting some really weird jittery input, so I'll need to figure out my settings. Game is a little unoptimized still.
biosc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:51 AM   #5
Karak
Press Start to Begin

The Sexy Brutale for review and The Surge.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #6
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Xenoblade Chronicles for sure, not too sure what else. Slowly making my way through XC while knocking out a bunch of the shorter games in my collection.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #7
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Can it still be the weekend? I got barely any gaming in, but a massive amount of house work got done, and some preliminary car shopping. This week should be busy, but still pretty good, I hope. Gaming will be:

Persona 5 I'm not nearly as far as most probably are, I'm still in mid to early May. The game is, of course, great.

And that should be it. I need to find something bite sized to play on the PSP or Vita. I love Toukiden 2, but I just can't do two long games at once.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:34 AM   #8
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
The Witness and Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment will continue competing for my time.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #9
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

More Persona 5!
Old 04-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #10
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
The Sexy Brutale for review and The Surge.
The Sexy Brutale? How did someone get hold of my nickname for you and turn it into a game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
Can it still be the weekend? I got barely any gaming in, but a massive amount of house work got done, and some preliminary car shopping. This week should be busy, but still pretty good, I hope. Gaming will be:
It can still be the weekend for you. You may wake up confused tomorrow when you go to work and they asked where were you today but hey, your wish is granted

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #11
Spigot
Turn Me

It's going to be a pretty packed week for me at work, but I'm going to fill my downtime with more Fast & Furious movies and:

Persona 5 (PS4) - Just dropped the calling card off for the first dungeon. About to do whatever comes next. I probably would have finished that bit last night but I was falling asleep by that point of the evening. I wish this game was portable so I could take it with me on the weekend.

Ace Attorney: Spirit Of Justice
(3DS) - I need to get back to this too but every night I end up reading more Company Town instead. It'll get lots of play this weekend though.

That's about it on the gaming front. Maybe a bit more Kingdom if I need some chill time and the TV is being used. That game is neat.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #12
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn m C̣t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Mondays I don't mind, no coffee...that is just a tragedy.
I agree. And, funnily enough, my wife has decided to ween me off coffee, this week. All I get is one glass of c ph sữa đ in the morning. I only have four days of teaching, this week (and then my students are off for Easter and two weeks of testing), so at least I'll be suffering in relative peace.

In gaming news, I tried out that Steam Controller, and just cannot get the hang of it. Of course, it doesn't help that every time I put Steam into Big Picture mode (as advised when using the controller), the program tends to crash. Really, the only game I've gotten to consistently work with it is The Witcher, and it is just awkward as heck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #13
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
All I get is one glass of c ph sữa đ in the morning.
Is your keyboard doing ok? It looks to have had a minor stroke there for a moment.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:35 PM   #14
muddi900
Chinese Mummy Odyssey

Mostly Breath Of The Wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:42 PM   #15
pomeroy
wtf

Quote:
I agree. And, funnily enough, my wife has decided to ween me off coffee, this week. All I get is one glass of c ph sữa đ in the morning.
As someone who just cut caffeine out of my diet, that's not funny at all. It sucked enough that I was doing it knowing it was my own stupid decision. I'd have laughed really hard at my wife if she had been the one to try and force me off it. Laughed, and then gotten a soda or coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #16
Spigot
Turn Me

I'm definitely consuming a lot less coffee than I used to. I used to drink 4-5 cups a day, at least. Now I have one in the morning and usually one mid-day but not that much in the evening, though I may have a coke from time to time.

Could explain the wicked headaches I get from time to time. I know that they're a symptom of caffeine withdrawal.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #17
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
In gaming news, I tried out that Steam Controller, and just cannot get the hang of it. Of course, it doesn't help that every time I put Steam into Big Picture mode (as advised when using the controller), the program tends to crash. Really, the only game I've gotten to consistently work with it is The Witcher, and it is just awkward as heck.
Takes a lot of getting used to, so it is easy to bounce off of it. I stuck with it and like it quite a bit now, but will still choose other controllers depending on the game.

I cannot give up coffee, but I do want to give up sodas. Trying to quit smoking again too. I am on day 4, maybe 5 now.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #18
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
Logged into Path of Exile over the weekend after about a month away from it just to test a mechanic and had one of the rarest currencies in the game drop from a random box I was attacking for testing. It ended up being the impetus to starting a whole new character and completely devouring my weekend gaming time. On the bright side, I'm not spending money on new games if I keep playing the old ones.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #19
jpublic
Threadslayer

So I finished the second DLC for Dark Souls 3. It was a slog and bloody annoying, and I'm coming down not liking it.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the audience for the DLCs. They seem to be focused on people who have completely dominated the main games, and as such are rife with ludicrously hard challenges that you have to perfectly navigate to surpass - as opposed to the main game, which is filled with challenges that it takes the average player a modicum of skill and experience to defeat. I had a similar experience with the DS1, DS2 and BB DLCs, so I'm sensing a trend.

I'm also a bit over the whole Dark Souls 'world' at this point. Oh well, let's hope their next game is something different.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #20
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

I'm trying to avoid eating so many snacks at work...

Now I want some trail mix and mangoes.