welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-03-2017, 05:42 AM   #1
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekDAY gaming (4.3.17)- What are YOU still playing?

This WeekDAY brought to you by "what the TK happened to my weekEND". I feel like I just came home on Friday and i'm waking up and it is Monday. Somewhere in-between those days, I managed to finally finish off Persona 4 Golden, which i'm still deciding if it is my favorite Persona game. I thought about starting up Mass Effect A, then thought twice with P5 coming out and I don't know if i'll play two games trying to switch off. Instead I binged watch the latest season for Marvel Agents of Shield, i'm still enjoying it, I don't know if anyone around here watches it anymore. For the week, well circling Thursday on the calendar wanting it to be Thursday today. Other than that...

What are YOU still playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #2
rein
Colonist

I might wait a day or two before starting up a new game. I am leaning toward Persona 5 but I didn't get too far into 4. Maybe I should go back and play it?
rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:07 AM   #3
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
This WeekDAY brought to you by "what the TK happened to my weekEND". I feel like I just came home on Friday and i'm waking up and it is Monday.
Sounds like what happened to your weekend was Persona 4 and Agents of Shield! :P
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:09 AM   #4
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by rein View Post
I might wait a day or two before starting up a new game. I am leaning toward Persona 5 but I didn't get too far into 4. Maybe I should go back and play it?
Go back and play 4. I will sound like a reformed person (smoker, booze etc) when saying this but as someone who took way to long to get into the game then finally love it, go play it. You will wrap your head around the game a lot faster than I did. It really is a good game. I say this especially if you played P3 and liked it.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 04-03-2017, 07:11 AM   #5
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
Sounds like what happened to your weekend was Persona 4 and Agents of Shield! :P
Neither one though took up much time. A couple of hours for P4G and AoS I only went up to episode 5. I really not sure what I was doing the rest of the time

Old 04-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #6
LarsenNET
Koi are awesome

Final Fantasy XV - I'm toward the end of chapter 8. Level 51ish, around 54 hours in. I have a few side quests to wrap up and maybe 7-8 hunts then I'll move on to the story. Really enjoying it now.
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #7
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Booo back to work! Today I'd rather be playing:

Horizon Zero Dawn I could have easily finished Horizon last night, but I got wrapped up in side quests. The story has really come together in a very, very satisfying way, I love this game. I'm on the last main story mission, so I'll be diving into that and finishing up the game pretty quickly because....

Persona 5 It's coming today! WOOOOOOOO
Old 04-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #8
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

I really hope to actually play some games this week. I still have today off so that should help.

Work was crazy the last couple of weeks, and I have been doing some moving after I get off on some days. After work on Saturday I spent the afternoon and most of yesterday cleaning the old place I rented with my ex, I moved out more than a year ago and it was in a state. I am just hoping to not owe anything beyond the deposit, but her father put in so much work there we may stand to actually get some of it back. That is almost that. Almost.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:06 AM   #9
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

Persona 5 - Yay! I can't wait for everyone else to be able to play too. So good.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #10
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
I'll be playing more Witness until I have to choose between it and Shovel Knight, and then we'll see.

One annoying thing about The Witness, it won't let you map your keys. Ugh. I have my little program that swaps keys, but still, ugh.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #11
Troggles
Nice shot!

Mass Effect Andromeda - Enjoying it. Trying to at least get 100% viability on every planet before I leave it. Might stop doing that and skip to the end because...

PERSONA 5
3DS FC: 3781-0398-9126
Troggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #12
pomeroy
wtf

I gave up on Zelda over the weekend and threw in The BioShock Collection. Hey, guys, BioShock 1 is still super freaking dope. I got about halfway through the game over the weekend, and am looking forward to continuing.

I'm going to try and hold steady and not buy Persona 5. My new game for the month is going to be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I just need to repeat that to myself.
Quote:
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #13
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
I gave up on Zelda over the weekend and threw in The BioShock Collection. Hey, guys, BioShock 1 is still super freaking dope. I got about halfway through the game over the weekend, and am looking forward to continuing.
Bioshock holds a special place in my heart. I was getting ready to go back to Graduate school, left my job at the time with 2 weeks to get ready for the change. Bioshock came out around then, I played non-stop for days and actually finished. I never before or since completed a game so quickly. I also remember reading of Bioshock for the first time in an earlier Game Informer article. I was blown away by the idea for the game (I hadn't played the earlier shock games) so it was all new to me. The first time seeing the Bioshock world, I was in love with the game. Nothing beats that holy keck moment for me. I have the Bioshock Collection, I will eventually to replay it.

I also loved Bioshock 2. I thought it was unfairly picked on when it came out.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #14
Gorvi

Quote:
I also loved Bioshock 2. I thought it was unfairly picked on when it came out.
The best game in the series.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #15
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
The best game in the series.
My logical part of my brain says I agree with you. The emotional part, no so much. I never did play Minerva's Den either, which i know you talked about many times. I think that also makes it a better game too. Add playing MD to the gaming to do list.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #16
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

Left work early today because Andromeda is still on my mind. Really enjoying it the more time I put in.
Personal attacks start when the other person isn't living up to my expectations of them.
Wackman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #17
Gorvi

Quote:
My logical part of my brain says I agree with you. The emotional part, no so much. I never did play Minerva's Den either, which i know you talked about many times. I think that also makes it a better game too. Add playing MD to the gaming to do list.
MD certainly does elevate B2, it's completely worth the time. Considering that it's self contained it can be played completely on its own. I put 2 above 1 mostly because, while 2 doesn't have the amazing high point of the beginning of 1, the story stays pretty good throughout. The last third of B1 is kind of a mess.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #18
pomeroy
wtf

Mechanically, BioShock 2 is probably the best in the series.

But I still think the other two are better, due to their story.
Quote:
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #19
Gorvi

I can respect that. I really didn't like BI for a number of reasons, but most don't share that sentiment.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #20
johnperkins21
Colonist

I'm hoping to finish Horizon Zero Dawn tonight. I thought I was much closer to the end last night, but it turns out I've got a few more main quests to finish. I want to finish it out before I start Persona 5 tomorrow (assuming Amazon really delivers it to me tomorrow).

Horizon is an excellent game, and it will be the first game I've played to completion since 2013 that wasn't made by Naughty Dog.