welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 03-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #801
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Redwoods finally added to 1.10.2 version of Natura, might be able to grow my tree after next major pack update.

In other news FTB Beyond released today, an FTB-flavored kitchen sink pack.

I'm currently spending time in Forever Stranded, Danny's Real Tech Pack, and Journey to the Core.

JttC got updated not too long ago, is even harder than before. On world #6 in HQM hardcore/quest modes. Just when I think I'm "safe" I run into something new and deadly. Latest was a Blaze that when I killed it split into a bunch of baby blazes called Cinders which were just as fast as baby zombies. Of course this happened right in the middle of my base so I lost all of my extra lives dealing with it.

Darkosto has another fairly hard pack coming out called Invasion, you can check it out on twitch when he or a couple other people---Deadpine and Vash505---do testing. I think it might not be that far from release.

Last edited by RandoM51; 03-06-2017 at 06:11 PM.
RandoM51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #802
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoM51 View Post
Redwoods finally added to 1.10.2 version of Natura, might be able to grow my tree after next major pack update.

In other news FTB Beyond released today, an FTB-flavored kitchen sink pack.

I'm currently spending time in Forever Stranded, Danny's Real Tech Pack, and Journey to the Core.

JttC got updated not too long ago, is even harder than before. On world #6 in HQM hardcore/quest modes. Just when I think I'm "safe" I run into something new and deadly. Latest was a Blaze that when I killed it split into a bunch of baby blazes called Cinders which were just as fast as baby zombies. Of course this happened right in the middle of my base so I lost all of my extra lives dealing with it.

Darkosto has another fairly hard pack coming out called Invasion, you can check it out on twitch when he or a couple other people---Deadpine and Vash505---do testing. I think it might not be that far from release.
I was wondering if there's new packs out. Beyond, I guess, just came out after I checked earlier today. Saw that Thermal Expansion also got a release. Fun stuff.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
FFXIV: Assyndra Siafu on Hyperion (US)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #803
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here.

I might need some help. I set up a Witch Water to Soulsand area and had the SS directed to a drawer. It worked fine at first and filled up the drawer no problem, but now that I've taken SS out of it, it won't fill back up.

DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIntrude View Post
Hit B to enter FPS 3rd person shooter mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandabo View Post
I think my brain just broke reading that...
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #804
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Will be upgrading server to 3.0.8 this evening or tomorrow AM.

Server is updated.

Darkmatter, you have far too many free range chickens and your collection system is backed up, causing lag on the server from all of the items sitting on the ground. Either put all your chickens in huts or put overflow into your collection system or have a lot less chickens. Please.

I pulled up your chunkloader and stuck it into your RS system for now.

Mission Accomplished.

These grow from 2x2 instead of 7x7, be very careful though as they'll plant more saplings when they grow, potentially creating an infinitely expanding redwood grove, consuming anything in its path. I found this out the hard way and had to restore the world, lol.

Last edited by RandoM51; 03-16-2017 at 07:12 PM.
RandoM51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:04 PM   #805
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here.

Ya I knew you were gonna probably come down on me for that. I was hoping since I was the only one playing that the server could handle it. Guess not. I have a lot of leftover chickens that are low level. I'll start culling them. I'll also make walled in sections to hold different breeds.

BTW any thoughts on whats next?
Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #806
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

The chickens aren't really the problem, it is all the drops they produce that your system isn't picking up. So you can have as many chickens as you want, they just have to be in hutches or whatever they're called or your system that picks up all the drops needs to deal with filling up gracefully.

I was still at your base from the other day, soon as I flew over to the pens with magnet mode my inventory was instantly filled with full stacks of stuff and there was still enough laying on the ground to lag the server. :P
Old 03-18-2017, 09:33 AM   #807
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here.

Ya I've started culling already but its a big job cause I don't want to cull the better chickens.
You have any thoughts on the next mod we might try?
Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-18-2017, 06:03 PM   #808
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Ya I've started culling already but its a big job cause I don't want to cull the better chickens.
You have any thoughts on the next mod we might try?
Just put them in hutches (or coops) and they no longer count as an entity (I think). Then add some void upgrades to the collection of the generic stuff (poop, feathers) so they don't get clogged until you max out on the good stuff. Maybe turn some stuff into plants, too. The Growth Crystals are super OP.

As for new packs, no clue. I'm still on Direwolf20 :P
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
Old 04-21-2017, 05:29 AM   #809
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Hey, Random, any clue why a Direwolf20 1.10 instance would crash out and give the 0% loading bug when trying to reload? As far as I can tell, It crashes 2 hours after the last backup due to (I think) something involving a Refined Storage controller. You hear anything about that?

I can load my 10:30 backup, but my 11:30 (that was working before I left it running) is just crying a lot.

Tried deleting it in MCEdit, and that makes MCEdit crash.

Just asking a familiar face before delving deeper into this issue. Probably just need to rearrange the base.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:07 AM   #810
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Update: Fixed it!

Went through it a couple of times and it was due to a Refined Storage auto-crafting operation I'd half-assed to handle canola seeds for power. Knocked it all out, added some lava generators, and everything is working without FPS issues.

I think the hardest lesson I've had to learn is to not build every damn thing in one chunk.