welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #101
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Speaking of Persona, I ordered Tokyo Mirage Sessions for the Wii U a few weeks ago on Amazon. It was $23 for a new copy from a third party seller, which seemed too good to be true. Sadly it was, as they made off with my money, and the money of several hundred other people for various fake listings according to the seller's reviews. I put in a refund request with the seller per Amazon's rules and received notification that the seller was no longer on the Amazon platform. You'd think that would automatically entitle me to a refund but I can't file for one directly with Amazon until tomorrow. Hopefully they grant my request quickly.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:16 PM   #102
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
It is just the first hour of a really long game after all, so I'm definitely still planning on picking it up. It's just really weird.
You have played a Persona game before, right? I'd be more upset if it wasn't really weird!

Mags, that sucks. That said, TMS is amazing. One of my favorite games from last year.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #103
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

That sucks, Mags.

I think Amazon itself had Tokyo Mirage Sessions for around $35 a few weeks ago. I almost bought it, but I don't have a Wii U. I'm still not sure if I want to get a system just for that game. I couldn't right now anyway, so I guess I'll figure it out in the future.

I really wish that TMS would come to the Switch somehow since there's a better chance that I will get that, especially with new SMT and Fire Emblem coming to it, but I guess it probably never will.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:45 PM   #104
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Yeah, I should have pounced when it was $35 directly from Amazon, but I think that was around the time I got the "deal". I'll still buy the game eventually. It's the last retail release I want to pick up for the system.

I could see Atlus porting TMS to the Switch. They did a lot of DS--->3DS ports, so you never know!
Old 04-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #105
jpublic
Threadslayer

I just checked Amazon.ca for TMS and choked at the price. $93?! Holy crap. When did it become a collector's item?
Old 04-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #106
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
I could see Atlus porting TMS to the Switch. They did a lot of DS--->3DS ports, so you never know!
Yeah, I was thinking mostly about some sort of backwards compatible download thing which wouldn't happen. But you could be right about a new port, so that gives me some hope. Thanks, Mags.

Good luck getting your money back soon.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:10 PM   #107
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
You have played a Persona game before, right? I'd be more upset if it wasn't really weird!

Mags, that sucks. That said, TMS is amazing. One of my favorite games from last year.
Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of the Persona games, but none of them have been quite this weird.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #108
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of the Persona games, but none of them have been quite this weird.
You're just whetting my appetite even more.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:07 PM   #109
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Man, I feel like I'm learning a ton in The Witness, but I'm also so overwhelmed by everything. I feel lost!
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #110
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
Man, I feel like I'm learning a ton in The Witness, but I'm also so overwhelmed by everything. I feel lost!
I always think of that game as being like learning a language, only it's a language of puzzles.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:41 PM   #111
jpublic
Threadslayer

Quote:
Have you played 1 and either of the 2s? Because if you think 5 is weird, my friend, your rating system needs some work.

Really enjoying it. I'm loving the humor in the game and the pop culture references.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, a lot of 5 appears to be a callback to the 2s.

So I finished Mass Effect: Andromeda. I know I'm in game-end high right now, but I'll bite the bullet and say right now it's my second favorite Mass Effect, after ME1.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #112
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
I put in a refund request with the seller per Amazon's rules and received notification that the seller was no longer on the Amazon platform. You'd think that would automatically entitle me to a refund but I can't file for one directly with Amazon until tomorrow. Hopefully they grant my request quickly.
Best of luck, Mags. In my experience, at least, Amazon is usually really good about returns. I can only think of a couple of times when I haven't been compensated in some form or another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:51 PM   #113
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodwin View Post
I know, right?!
How perfect to put it out on April 1st too! Can't wait for more!
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:29 AM   #114
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
Have you played 1 and either of the 2s? Because if you think 5 is weird, my friend, your rating system needs some work.

Really enjoying it. I'm loving the humor in the game and the pop culture references.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, a lot of 5 appears to be a callback to the 2s.
I played P3 first then P1 and P2, I thought P3 was weird until I delved into those two games. I thought the weirdness was toned down some to gain more of a mainstream audience (as mainstream as anything Persona can be). I really can't wait for Thursday to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic
So I finished Mass Effect: Andromeda. I know I'm in game-end high right now, but I'll bite the bullet and say right now it's my second favorite Mass Effect, after ME1.
I am really curious about this game. I see people loving it or hating it. I almost started a game yesterday but with P5 coming, I didn't want to start then have to stop. I'm not usually good at playing two games at the same time.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #115
muddi900
Chinese Mummy Odyssey

Quote:
I just checked Amazon.ca for TMS and choked at the price. $93?! Holy crap. When did it become a collector's item?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWolfmanD View Post
Yeah, I was thinking mostly about some sort of backwards compatible download thing which wouldn't happen. But you could be right about a new port, so that gives me some hope. Thanks, Mags.

Do a A2Z guarantee claim. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...?nodeId=537868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #116
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Yeah that's what I'm doing.

Quote:
You can still buy it in stores here for $60. Amazon had it for $40 for a few months. I should have gotten it then but I've been spending too much on gaming lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWolfmanD View Post

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #117
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I was finally able to submit an A-Z request and it was granted immediately. I should have the money within the next few days. $22.38 would have been a steal for Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but at least I've learned my lesson.