welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 10-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #41
MalReynolds
Demon of the North

Send a message via MSN to MalReynolds Send a message via Yahoo to MalReynolds Send a message via Skype™ to MalReynolds
Ryse is the only game I'm getting for Xbox one at launch
MalReynolds#1834

"It's so hard to play Halo 4 and masturbate at the same time."---Squidbot

Currently Playing : Elder Scrolls Online(PS4) and Witcher 3 and Diablo 3 (PS4/PC)
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #42
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menage View Post
Confused. I know new is shiny but ideals fly out the window pretty quickly for launch games.
Fixed. Folks want games that look next gen for their next gen systems. Let's look in recent history on when system launches and what the best looking game was when the system was first at retail:

Best looking Dreamcast: Virtua Fighter 3TB
Best looking PS2 game: Ridge Racer 5
Best looking Xbox game: Halo
Best looking GameCube game: Super Monkey Ball
Best looking 360 game: COD2/Kameo
Best looking PS3 game: Resistance

Problem runs into some people see launches different based on where they live. Not many gamers have been a part of a true day one launch. Most launches for Americans were delayed systems so games had more time to brew. With so few exclusive launch titles for both systems, some are going to get more attention than others that they may not have if it deserves it or not.
OldJadedGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #43
menage
Praise the sun!

I know it's about graphics, sure. It looks phenomenal no doubt. I would like a game to go with it though.

It might still be allright, but unless I would read some reviews I'd stick with forza for looks, it just doesn't look like gameplay is up to scratch. And I don't even like race games. All of the games above were pretty solid gameplay wise as well. This looks more Rise of the Argonauts than GoW.

PSN: Menage00
Steam: Menage00
Soundcloud
SCREENSHOTS

Last edited by menage; 10-18-2013 at 05:49 AM.
menage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #44
Philonious
Colonist

Will they be dropping the price of current gen games once the new consoles launch?
Philonious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #45
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philonious View Post
Will they be dropping the price of current gen games once the new consoles launch?
Not sure that has ever happened. God of War 2 for PS2 was still full price after the PS3 was on store shelves.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #46
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJadedGamer View Post
Not sure that has ever happened. God of War 2 for PS2 was still full price after the PS3 was on store shelves.
Yeah, dropping the price on current gen games isn't going to happen. For quite a while, at least a year or two, the majority of both Microsoft and Sony's user-base will be on the consoles people own right now.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #47
Karak
Press Start to Begin

After discussing the gameplay of Ryse I am in. Basically identical to Batman with Roman legions, commanding your own squads, tons of weapons and online Coliseum gameplay. If I liked Batman I will like that.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #48
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.

Did they ever announce the launch day digital titles? I'm not buying any disc based games just redboxing them but forgot about digital.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #49
rein
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
After discussing the gameplay of Ryse I am in. Basically identical to Batman with Roman legions, commanding your own squads, tons of weapons and online Coliseum gameplay. If I liked Batman I will like that.
Finally, someone said something about it besides shiny. Now I am a little jealous I am not getting a launch Xbox One. We'll see if I can hold on to my one console this generation commitment as games start rolling out.
rein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #50
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rein View Post
Finally, someone said something about it besides shiny. Now I am a little jealous I am not getting a launch Xbox One. We'll see if I can hold on to my one console this generation commitment as games start rolling out.
Well we will see but after talking to a couple neogaffers who got hands on with the SP its basically built like Batman which I hated at first but then grew to really enjoy. This seems to lose the gadgets but add in a good deal of weapons, commanding troops with voice or controller, and turned around 3 of the most stringent haters this last few months. I listen to that kind of thing.

The MP is by someone else but being able to go out with a group of friends, and create our own gladitorial team and outfit ourselves and the introduction of some mythical stuff as well makes me hopeful that it can be polished up and be close to the SP.

During the first few months the real change we see in a generation change IS the graphics but I can see why that bothers some people. It will take 1-3 years before true unique stuff is released in my opinion.

Quote:
Did they ever announce the launch day digital titles? I'm not buying any disc based games just redboxing them but forgot about digital.
Albert was on Neogaf and stated a couple times that all games are digital the moment they are available for sale in any way. So whatever is out is out in both forms.

Though I am pissed at the 50gigs that some games are coming in as we all know that is pure laziness(doubled data and no attempt at any loseless compressions or anything) and will impact our HD drives very quickly. That is 10 games and as someone who reviews I can bet that both my systems HD's will need upgrading in less than 6 months.

Last edited by Karak; 10-18-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #51
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.

Quote:
Albert was on Neogaf and stated a couple times that all games are digital the moment they are available for sale in any way. So whatever is out is out in both forms.

Though I am pissed at the 50gigs that some games are coming in as we all know that is pure laziness(doubled data and no attempt at any loseless compressions or anything) and will impact our HD drives very quickly. That is 10 games and as someone who reviews I can bet that both my systems HD's will need upgrading in less than 6 months.
Oh, I wasn't talking about that. I couldn't care less about digital versions of disc based games. I'm not giving up my trade in rights on those. I was more talking indie games. Btw, the One works with any external USB 3.0 HDD so you can just get a case and use any HDD you have in your house if it is 2.5 or 3.5 it doesn't matter. I have an extra 2TB HDD that I'm going to get a case for and bump up the HDD space in addition to the 500 that comes with it. You can still install games, saves, and anything else to the external drive. It works just like the internal one with no restrictions.

Speaking of trading in games, at Gamestop on black friday they have the 360 version of BF4 for $30 which means you can trade up for $10 to the One version and get it for $20 off... then trade in the Xbox One version when you are done with it for more than likely the same amount you paid for it.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #52
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't talking about that. I couldn't care less about digital versions of disc based games. I'm not giving up my trade in rights on those. I was more talking indie games. Btw, the One works with any external USB 3.0 HDD so you can just get a case and use any HDD you have in your house if it is 2.5 or 3.5 it doesn't matter. I have an extra 2TB HDD that I'm going to get a case for and bump up the HDD space in addition to the 500 that comes with it. You can still install games, saves, and anything else to the external drive. It works just like the internal one with no restrictions.

Speaking of trading in games, at Gamestop on black friday they have the 360 version of BF4 for $30 which means you can trade up for $10 to the One version and get it for $20 off... then trade in the Xbox One version when you are done with it for more than likely the same amount you paid for it.
You said launch day digital titles...
I know what the Xbox One does with HD...what does what you said have anything to do with what I wrote? It won't magically make me not have to upgrade. I am totally confused.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #53
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.

Quote:
You said launch day digital titles...
I know what the Xbox One does with HD...what does what you said have anything to do with what I wrote? It won't magically make me not have to upgrade. I am totally confused.
Are indie games not digital? I guess I wasn't clear as I mean digital *only* games like Below.

Thought you were talking about upgrading the HDD and that it was a pain and just pointing out that it's plug and play for HDDs. I guess I don't mind updating the HDD since I have at least 3 huge HDD's laying around that I can use and actually looking for a use for them.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #54
Zecon
Colonist

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the xb1 won't support external HDDs at launch, that feature to come later.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/2/4685...rage-at-launch

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #55
MachEnergy
Coked-up Werewolf 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecon View Post
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the xb1 won't support external HDDs at launch, that feature to come later.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/2/4685...rage-at-launch

Sept 2nd. Does that lift some burden from your shoulders?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #56
Zecon
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachEnergy View Post
Sept 2nd. Does that lift some burden from your shoulders?
Yeah, that was when the article was written, but I haven't heard any update to the story or differing announcement since.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #57
Plortch
Colonist

I just got around to watching the Titanfall gameplay trailer from Gamescom, looks amazing.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #58
pomeroy
wtf

I guess I'll have to try and win one of these off of Mountain Dew. I don't drink that much soda, but I do work in recycling. So....I'll have access.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #59
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
I guess I'll have to try and win one of these off of Mountain Dew. I don't drink that much soda, but I do work in recycling. So....I'll have access.
I was going to point out possible ethical issues with this then realized you work in waste management. Never mind

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #60
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
Use the Kroger website, it's free just make a dummy account. One entry per day.

http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogfor...ad.php?t=29995