welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 10-15-2015, 06:47 AM   #1741
Inverarity
Geek of all trades

I didn't have any luck with the Manage Game method (unless I was Doing It Wrong), but it really didn't end up taking long to grab all of the available individual songs- 200-300, I think- from my old DLC library. I did it in a couple of passes though the list.

The real slog will be when the full-game export packs become available - I'll have to download the tracks from RB1, RB2, RB3, Lego Rock Band, Rock Band Blitz, and Green Day. I assume, since those are fixed song lists, that they'll download in one big batch, but I don't think there's been a definitive statement on that yet...
Old 10-21-2015, 01:31 AM   #1742
Farsight
DON'T FIGHT IT!

At some point they fixed owned songs not showing properly in the RB store, so it's much easier to grab your old songs now. I had missed a few, mostly ones that must've been free, because I'd never have bought Kelly Clarkson (I mean it!).

My fingers have started limbering up again, and I'm proudly #1 on one song (Poison by Alice Cooper). I don't think I'm quite ready for Megadeth, though.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #1743
Inverarity
Geek of all trades

I checked the store on my XB1 this morning to find that all of the songs from Rock Band Blitz and Green Day are now listed as Purchased. Hooray! Another ~90 songs to download.

Near as I can tell, the songs/packs from my library that are still unavailable from my library are:

- Rock Band 1 export
- Rock Band 2 export
- Lego Rock Band export
- Rock Band 3 export (which I believe is still only assumed to be on the way)
- Oasis, "Rock and Roll Star"
- Freezepop, "Sprode"
- Freezepop, "Less Talk More Rokk"

Not bad, really, considering the massive volume of tracks that they're working from. The official post in the forums hasn't been updated with Blitz and Green Day yet, so if you've been waiting for some errors to resolve, now would definitely be a good time to check.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:53 AM   #1744
Farsight
DON'T FIGHT IT!

They've confirmed the RB3 Export will happen. It'll cost $15 and be available to anyone who ever played RB3 on the previous console (X360 if you own XB1). The other exports will be free, as long as you exported them into RB3 on the previous console.

The issue they're having is that neither marketplace supports items that can't be bought normally, so they're waiting on patches from MS/Sony, basically.

That's how I understand it, anyways.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #1745
Inverarity
Geek of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
They've confirmed the RB3 Export will happen. It'll cost $15 and be available to anyone who ever played RB3 on the previous console (X360 if you own XB1). The other exports will be free, as long as you exported them into RB3 on the previous console.
Thanks for the update! $15 is reasonable enough, I think. And it makes sense that the older exports are free, since they should show up as items in the user's purchase history. Pretty good news all around.

Now if I can only get some time to play. My 5-year-old, after initially being fascinated by RB4, is now adamant that it can't be played in his presence. Several of his favorite songs are in the game, but he won't go long enough without throwing a fit to let me show him. Ah, kids...
Old 10-25-2015, 03:35 PM   #1746
Farsight
DON'T FIGHT IT!

He might not like your "Rock Band Face". I was playing with my little cousins in the room, and they were amused/horrified by my concentration-face when trying to get back into shape to play metal songs on expert.