welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 10-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #21
Suave Peanut
don't let's start

Send a message via AIM to Suave Peanut
It's like I hardly re***nize that place anymore.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #22
Borthcollective
Colonist

I found this thread and that's all I need in life.
Borthcollective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #23
Karmakin
Moar and Moar and Moar

Yay.

My favorite thread made its way over
Karmakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #24
Rock Bandit
some kind of magic

Well I just finished up my last bit of business there and clicked Log Out. That's it, I'm done. I am now a PiRi and CoG man only. Feels....weird.
Rock Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #25
Variable Gear
Anarchy in the Galaxy!

Blood Sugar Sex Magik is one great album. There's only five or so songs I didn't enjoy on expert guitar.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #26
Mdot
That's a big Twinkie.

Send a message via AIM to Mdot
Duh, I just asked in another thread if you were continuing this. I should have looked around first lol. Home sweet home.
Twitter
Mdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #27
icronic
Colonist

Send a message via MSN to icronic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable Gear View Post
Blood Sugar Sex Magik is one great album. There's only five or so songs I didn't enjoy on expert guitar.

I completely agree. I actually enjoyed them all on expert guitar. Well aside from that 2 minute joke song that's virtually impossible to keep a combo going on.

I wish they could figure out a good way to rate the difficulty for each instrument though. It's so incredibly inconsistent and misleading right now. We've got songs that are 3/5 for difficulty that should be 5/5 we've got songs with flaming heads that are barely worthy of 4/5. It seems especially bad for the drums. I could beat every song in RB1 on expert drums minus Run To The Hills, and there are songs in the first 3 tiers that I'm failing out of.

It looks like we're going to be getting full albums from this point on though, I can't wait to see what they come up with. I'm hoping for a little Rolling Stones and some Doobie Brothers myself.
icronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #28
Nameless
Custom User Title

Thanks for bringing this over here, Rock Bandit, it's incredibly useful!

I'm excited to be playing Blood Sugar Sex Magic for the first time tonight, my buddies and I are getting together to run through the whole album! Any songs that are incredibly difficult on Expert Drums that I should be wary of?
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #29
Variable Gear
Anarchy in the Galaxy!

Sorry, Rock Bandit...but I've gotta post this. An AC/DC track pack is coming to Rock Band and Rock Band 2, but not in the form you might expect...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McElroy
Update 2: The "Track Pack" has been confirmed by Harmonix and MTV Games and will be available exclusively at Walmart and Sam's Club beginning in November*. The AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will be available in the U.S. on Nov. 2nd for Xbox 360, PS3 and PS2 and on Nov. 16th for Wii. The disc will retail for $39.88 for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii and $29.88 for PS2.

The AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will also be available at most major retailers in Europe, Australia and New Zealand in early December. All tracks from the disc will be available for play in Rock Band and Rock Band 2 by entering a special export authentication code for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.
Master recordings from various live performances (remixed by Mike Fraser; 99 mins.):
  • "Thunderstruck"
  • "Shoot to Thrill"
  • "Back in Black"
  • "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"
  • "Heatseeker"
  • "Fire Your Guns"
  • "Jailbreak"
  • "The Jack"
  • "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
  • "Moneytalks"
  • "Hells Bells"
  • "High Voltage"
  • "Whole Lotta Rosie"
  • "You Shook Me All Night Long"
  • "T.N.T."
  • "Let There Be Rock"
  • "Highway To Hell"
  • "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"
The tracks can only be transferred once per disc. Which sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Miller
After yesterday's announcement of the AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack, featuring all the tracks from the Live at the Donington album, Variety got a few more details from MTV's Paul DeGooyer. Most importantly, DeGooyer said the transfer can only be done once per disc, confirming initial indication of a download code printed on the game manual and expectedly void after use. Hear that gurgle? That's the collective sound of all those Blockbuster patrons' sinking hearts.
I'll definitely be buying this.

Last edited by Variable Gear; 10-01-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Variable Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #30
Sandman
Libratorr

I just thought of a name for an AC/DC track pack if it was downloadable....

"DLC Done Dirt Cheap"
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #31
Cupelix
One Man Wrecking Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by icronic View Post
It seems especially bad for the drums. I could beat every song in RB1 on expert drums minus Run To The Hills, and there are songs in the first 3 tiers that I'm failing out of.
I've thought the same thing. Granted, I got stuck on Foreplay/Long Time in RB1 (really, just stuck on the Foreplay part, since I know the rest of the song is relatively trivial). A lot of the RB2 songs are much more challenging in terms of sheer speed (Welcome to the Neighborhood) or surprisingly weird rhythm (I thought Anyway You Want It had a surprising number of weird bass hits). Granted, I just looked and those are both in tier 4 according to wikipedia.

I will say that for whatever reason, E-Pro consistently makes me feel like I have no rhythm at all, and that's tier 3.
Cupelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #32
Zero
I do stuff.

Quote:
Master recordings from various live performances (remixed by Mike Fraser; 99 mins.):
  • "T.N.T."
Fucking awesome. I cannot wait for this one.

Quote:
The tracks can only be transferred once per disc. Which sucks.

I'll definitely be buying this.
Damn. Was hoping it would come in used. I guess I can wait and hope that some schmuck doesn't use the code.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #33
pomeroy
wtf

Boo. Hiss!

Stupid AC/DC track pack. Stupid disc-only, Wal-Mart exclusive AC/DC track pack.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #34
Rock Bandit
some kind of magic

Quote:
Sorry, Rock Bandit...but I've gotta post this.
No apologies mate, it's what we're here for.

Now to be honest...I don't like this. It's forty dollars for 18 songs, a price that's dictated by the fact it's an on-disc product. The weekly DLC was meant to free us from the shackles of such things. Now if the disc also included extra content like an AC/DC venue and clothes, that'd be great. And it's good to see it's transferable to the hard drive to keep with the "one disc to play them all" edict, but there's no reason this shouldn't be downloadable at around 20-25 bucks. That also gives people the option to pick and choose the tracks they want to pay for instead of the "all or none" way.

This move is obviously because of the exclusivity contract AC/DC has with Wal-Mart and it's either this or no AC/DC at all, but it still stinks.

And yes I'll probably end up buying it.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #35
Zero
I do stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Bandit View Post

Now to be honest...I don't like this. It's forty dollars for 18 songs, a price that's dictated by the fact it's an on-disc product. The weekly DLC was meant to free us from the shackles of such things. Now if the disc also included extra content like an AC/DC venue and clothes, that'd be great. And it's good to see it's transferable to the hard drive to keep with the "one disc to play them all" edict, but there's no reason this shouldn't be downloadable at around 20-25 bucks. That also gives people the option to pick and choose the tracks they want to pay for instead of the "all or none" way.

This move is obviously because of the exclusivity contract AC/DC has with Wal-Mart and it's either this or no AC/DC at all, but it still stinks.
What I was actually thinking was that maybe AC/DC set track rates at higher than usual. Anybody remember when Harmonix said that songs would be from $.99 to $2.99. The band could have wanted that $2.99 price for them and this could have been a compromise.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #36
Rock Bandit
some kind of magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
What I was actually thinking was that maybe AC/DC set track rates at higher than usual. Anybody remember when Harmonix said that songs would be from $.99 to $2.99. The band could have wanted that $2.99 price for them and this could have been a compromise.
Yeah. It's not so much the price point though as the disc format which forces you to buy everything. The fact that a person can pick and choose what they want, or grab everything at a discount, is a thing of beauty. We lose that here.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #37
Variable Gear
Anarchy in the Galaxy!

I agree that the price is far too high for the amount of songs we're getting. I'll be buying the track pack, transferring the songs and unloading the disc at GameStop. I have no need for extra discs. If they accept the trade-in, that should cut about $15 off of the price of the tracks, which gets them closer to the price point they would be at if they were available in the Rock Band store. It's not perfect by any stretch, but it's what I'll be doing.

Last edited by Variable Gear; 10-01-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Variable Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #38
Mdot
That's a big Twinkie.

Send a message via AIM to Mdot
Yea, that AC/DC disc is wack, but I really can't resist it. Truth of the matter, I'd probably pay double that for a Zeppelin pack too, as pathetic as it sounds. Really wish it was just DLC though. Would be so much more convenient.
Twitter
Mdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #39
inmostlight
cave-o-sapien

Send a message via Skype™ to inmostlight
Yay! My favorite thread is back!

(I still don't even understand the AC/DC thing. "Wal-Mart exclusive" is the exact opposite of "rock and roll".)
inmostlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #40
Suave Peanut
don't let's start

Send a message via AIM to Suave Peanut
Quote:
Additionally, it makes no sense that the 360 version is $10 more than the PS3 version.
Correction: The PS3 price is the same as the 360, but the PS2 version is $10 cheaper.

Still too much, of course.