welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #21
Mot Wakorb
47 Friendly Fires
 
Mot Wakorb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 2,686
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJadedGamer View Post
Prices are up... while not final of course shows where they want to go with the service. $5 for 4 hours is too rich for my blood.

http://ps4daily.com/2014/06/playstat...updates-outed/

Saints Row appears to be an anomaly. Most everything else is $3 for 4 hours and $6 for a week. I wouldn't read too much into a single game. I believe FF13 was $3 for 4 hours, $6 for a week, $10 for a month or $15 for 3 months.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
XBox Live: Mot Wakorb | PSN: YDKCooKiE

Last edited by Mot Wakorb; 06-19-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Mot Wakorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #22
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,998
Great article in hopes that Sony doesn't kill this service off with the pricing before it gets a chance to take off. The subscription service is top on the list:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...laystation-now
OldJadedGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #23
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,998
Beta open to everyone now.
OldJadedGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #24
fitbabits
The Cat Whisperer
 
fitbabits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denver, Colorado - USA
Posts: 12,636
Blog Entries: 2
Yep!

The prices are ludicrous.
__________________
The Cat Whisperer

Xbox Live - fitbabits | PSN - fitbabits | Steam - fitbabits | Nintendo - fitbabits

I mean he's so salty, horse[s] come from far away to lick him. - muddi
fitbabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #25
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbabits View Post
Yep!

The prices are ludicrous.
If they stay this way, the service is dead before it starts. They need to announce the subscription pricing.
OldJadedGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #26
fitbabits
The Cat Whisperer
 
fitbabits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denver, Colorado - USA
Posts: 12,636
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJadedGamer View Post
If they stay this way, the service is dead before it starts. They need to announce the subscription pricing.
Agreed.

It's actually now cheaper to buy a game from Best Buy or GameStop than rent it on PS Now. Ridonk.
__________________
The Cat Whisperer

Xbox Live - fitbabits | PSN - fitbabits | Steam - fitbabits | Nintendo - fitbabits

I mean he's so salty, horse[s] come from far away to lick him. - muddi
fitbabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #27
jeffbax
Colonist
 
jeffbax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,530
Assuming you can still get the 1 hour trials on PS+, I don't know why you'd pay the $1.99 for 4 hours of a game unless it's like "YO LET'S PLAY SOME SONIC TENNIS TONIGHT" drunk decision among friends to just have a round etc
jeffbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #28
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!
 
Gorvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dunedin, FL
Posts: 24,450
Blog Entries: 5
Holy hell that pricing is completely insane. I thought it was hyperbole when I saw the headlines, but nope. Nuts.
__________________
PSN ID: Gorvi - Steam ID: gorvivelgin
Gorvi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:12 PM   #29
rein
Colonist
 
rein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Natural State
Posts: 9,836
Blog Entries: 4
Sony better fix this ASAP or PS Now has failed before it launches. Can we get EA Access now? Apparently they did not have a sneaky plan up their sleeves to lower PS Now prices to render it pointless.
rein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #30
menage
Praise the sun!
 
menage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seritei
Posts: 12,964
Prices are shit as fuck, but streaming is different form downing and playing it like PS+ or EA. The services aren't the same in principle. You don't even need a console at times.

Not that it makes a difference for the average Joe, but I think Sony is just getting a streaming infrastructure in place for the future. I don't even believe it's about now.

Just hook up hotels with Sony Now tvs and they can offer the service as a package for example.
__________________
Now playing: Horizon/ Yakuza 0/ Kings Quest

PSN: Menage00
Steam: Menage00
Soundcloud
SCREENSHOTS
menage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:29 AM   #31
muddi900
Chinese Mummy Odyssey
 
muddi900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 27,906
Blog Entries: 2
This is not a good example at all, as hotel video game rentals were always considered ripoffs back in N64 days.

Does it provide value to any one outside of the person who has to play games on his or her tablet but sick of mobile games acting like windows shareware from 1998?
__________________
COG Finished Games 2012, Now with 25% more epeen padding!---Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #32
menage
Praise the sun!
 
menage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seritei
Posts: 12,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddi900 View Post
This is not a good example at all, as hotel video game rentals were always considered ripoffs back in N64 days.

Does it provide value to any one outside of the person who has to play games on his or her tablet but sick of mobile games acting like windows shareware from 1998?
Why not, these prices are certainly not meant for the usual target audience.

Hotels rip you off no matter what. So people paying for stuff a lot that are used to it. They will probably raid the minibar and put it on a company tab. Heck they could even stream E3 goers new content
__________________
Now playing: Horizon/ Yakuza 0/ Kings Quest

PSN: Menage00
Steam: Menage00
Soundcloud
SCREENSHOTS
menage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:52 AM   #33
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by rein View Post
Sony better fix this ASAP or PS Now has failed before it launches. Can we get EA Access now? Apparently they did not have a sneaky plan up their sleeves to lower PS Now prices to render it pointless.
It really is brainless how they can say the EA Access isn't a value... but these prices are. Must have been the Vita Memory card division that are setting these prices. It's disappointing that not since the SEGA Channel have we had something like this so for them to kill it before it starts is very disappointing.
OldJadedGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #34
muddi900
Chinese Mummy Odyssey
 
muddi900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 27,906
Blog Entries: 2
It doesn't. Most people already pay for premium service on PS+. It serves Sony nothing by allowing another comoany run a similar service that will only confuse the consumer and promote someone else's brand. It doesn't serve Microsoft either, but I guess Peter Moore still has some clout there.
__________________
COG Finished Games 2012, Now with 25% more epeen padding!---Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #35
menage
Praise the sun!
 
menage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seritei
Posts: 12,964
I agree, all it does is devalue games with gold which was just picking up. MS should have bailed just the same.
__________________
Now playing: Horizon/ Yakuza 0/ Kings Quest

PSN: Menage00
Steam: Menage00
Soundcloud
SCREENSHOTS
menage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #36
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!
 
Gorvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dunedin, FL
Posts: 24,450
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJadedGamer View Post
It really is brainless how they can say the EA Access isn't a value... but these prices are. Must have been the Vita Memory card division that are setting these prices. It's disappointing that not since the SEGA Channel have we had something like this so for them to kill it before it starts is very disappointing.
You do realize the individual publisher's set pricing, not Sony. They should be raked over the coals for pricing on first party games, but the publishers of each game on there are almost as much to blame. Sony takes the ultimate responsibility since they're the gatekeeper, though.

As the pricing stands now this has no chance of succeeding, it just doesn't make sense. Throw it out there for $20/month all you can eat and then you're talking.
__________________
PSN ID: Gorvi - Steam ID: gorvivelgin
Gorvi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #37
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
You do realize the individual publisher's set pricing, not Sony. They should be raked over the coals for pricing on first party games, but the publishers of each game on there are almost as much to blame. Sony takes the ultimate responsibility since they're the gatekeeper, though.
Lead by example. And yes, the party is at their house... everyone is else is just a guest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
As the pricing stands now this has no chance of succeeding, it just doesn't make sense. Throw it out there for $20/month all you can eat and then you're talking.
I was thinking the same thing that an all you can eat deal for $20 a month is the best pricing for old gen games. I would be happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menage View Post
I agree, all it does is devalue games with gold which was just picking up. MS should have bailed just the same.
That's like saying Spotify isn't a good value for customers because they have their own Music Unlimited service. Let the gamers decide if they see the value or not. If they don't, it will fail anyway but at least you let them decide. But that is for a different thread. Obviously by the NOW prices Sony's idea of "value" is pretty far off.
OldJadedGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #38
muddi900
Chinese Mummy Odyssey
 
muddi900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 27,906
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJadedGamer View Post


That's like saying Spotify isn't a good value for customers because they have their own Music Unlimited service.
Because it's true. Which is why Apple TV does not support Amazon video or vudu or any other competing service. They already pretty much killed iOS sales for competing ebook vendors too. It was too late, as iBooks never really took off.
__________________
COG Finished Games 2012, Now with 25% more epeen padding!---Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #39
menage
Praise the sun!
 
menage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seritei
Posts: 12,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJadedGamer View Post
Lead by example. And yes, the party is at their house... everyone is else is just a guest.



I was thinking the same thing that an all you can eat deal for $20 a month is the best pricing for old gen games. I would be happy with that.



That's like saying Spotify isn't a good value for customers because they have their own Music Unlimited service. Let the gamers decide if they see the value or not. If they don't, it will fail anyway but at least you let them decide. But that is for a different thread. Obviously by the NOW prices Sony's idea of "value" is pretty far off.
Now isn't the problem, plus is. Plus adds value to the online service. If everyone gets their own serviice on board plus value will vanish cause the content will too.

MS may allow it, but it's in MS interest to kill off free game giving on top of their usiual live rate. They never wanted it until ps blew up.
__________________
Now playing: Horizon/ Yakuza 0/ Kings Quest

PSN: Menage00
Steam: Menage00
Soundcloud
SCREENSHOTS
menage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #40
Karak
Press Start to Begin
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 26,131
Blog Entries: 11
So the service works awesome here. It is also stupidly almost insulting expensive.
__________________
Podcast
AngryCentaurGaming on Youtube

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
// Google Analytics - Must remain as a separate script // External Source Executed