welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #41
Spigot
Turn Me

"Dance like nobody's shaven."

I'm just grilling burgers in the snow right now as I await my guests to arrive. Even made a folder on the PS4 for party games. Woo.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #42
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Well, I was going to shave and go dancing, but it seems like that's old hat, now... instead, I think I'll just work on these papers I have due, next week.

I'm also somewhat dreading class, next week, since I start my students on sexuality. I'm not intending to spend too much time on it (by this point, they should know most of the basics—and if they don't, I'm not sure I can help them). All the same, we'll still be covering some sensitive topics, and I know some of them won't be mature enough for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #43
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
"Dance like nobody's shaven."

I'm just grilling burgers in the snow right now as I await my guests to arrive. Even made a folder on the PS4 for party games. Woo.
Can you make folders on the PS3? I might need to look into that. I've just got this list of like 100 games most of which I don't care about.
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:01 PM   #44
Dorkandproudofit
Thread Killer

Okay, why the fuck am I still playing Skyrim?!

Also, I seem to have become a groupie of the Protomen. It's gotten to where Act II is almost always playing on my computer in an infinite loop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
You sir are the Messiah. I should know I followed a few.
Searching for proof that amateur writers can beat pros, occasionally.
Dorkandproudofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #45
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkandproudofit View Post
Okay, why the fuck am I still playing Skyrim?!
You are to poor to buy a new game? To much of a shut in to buy a new game? You don't know the world didn't end and there are more games to buy besides Skyrim?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #46
Dorkandproudofit
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
You don't know the world didn't end and there are more games to buy besides Skyrim?
Hey, as far as I'm concerned we're at two minutes to midnight here. Besides, I spent good money on this bomb shelter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
You sir are the Messiah. I should know I followed a few.
Searching for proof that amateur writers can beat pros, occasionally.
Dorkandproudofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #47
Spigot
Turn Me

Then you should be playing Fallout as an educational tool.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:42 PM   #48
jpublic
Threadslayer

So car shopping with my wife is an... experience.

We eliminated the Honda CR-V for having a center console I smashed my knee on TWICE; the Hyundai Santa Fe for being too​ high for my wife to comfortably get into; the Kia Sorento​(?) for​ being soulless and boring; and the Toyota RAV4 for having roof bars that offended my wife for some reason. I'm appealing the ruling on the RAV4.

The Subaru Forester was my fave, but the wife didn't think much of the look, and we're both pretty good with the Mazda CX-5.

Once the snow finishes melting and the roads dry out, I'm going to keep an eye out for the sales blitzes, and get my car detailed so I can get max trade in.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:53 PM   #49
Pale Ale
Hi There

Most years of Rav are nice.

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:04 AM   #50
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
Can you make folders on the PS3? I might need to look into that. I've just got this list of like 100 games most of which I don't care about.
Press triangle on a game, go to information, and put the folder name you want in the Album field. You have to label each game. but hitting Square on your games list will change how they're organized, one of the options is by album.

So I played Horizon for the first time in a while yesterday and I think I'm finally getting decent at the combat. I even did two main story quests along with a bunch of side missions. I need to focus on that more.

Otherwise, I finished the story in the Toukiden 2 demo. I still have some side missions I can do, but I may save that for when the game really comes out on Tuesday. It's been really fun, I'm glad to finally be getting into one of these games right when it comes out.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:21 AM   #51
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
Press triangle on a game, go to information, and put the folder name you want in the Album field. You have to label each game. but hitting Square on your games list will change how they're organized, one of the options is by album.
Thanks! I figured out the square album thing a long time ago. It accidentally got pushed and then I was freaking out about where my games all went. Never actually used the feature, though.
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:16 AM   #52
Spigot
Turn Me

I had a pretty fun little party last night. Monikers was a big hit and I suspect that a few couples were going to have some awkward chats on the way home after the backstabbing in Dead Last.

Later on, I fired up Horizon & attempted to take down a Stormwind (or whatever those giant bird bots are). That didn't go well, but it was pretty awesome. I decided to avoid it for now and start making my way to Meridian instead.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #53
jpublic
Threadslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
I had a pretty fun little party last night. Monikers was a big hit and I suspect that a few couples were going to have some awkward chats on the way home after the backstabbing in Dead Last.

Later on, I fired up Horizon & attempted to take down a Stormwind (or whatever those giant bird bots are). That didn't go well, but it was pretty awesome. I decided to avoid it for now and start making my way to Meridian instead.
I've got pretty good at taking down those birds, but even at the best of times it's a slog.

Make sure you have the Carja Precision Bow and the Shadow Hunting Bow. You want the Tear arrows for the former, and the Hardpoint arrows for the latter. It can help if you can find some cover like an outcropping or something.

Use the Tear Arrows to rip off as many components as you can. There are 6 engines on the wings, some stuff in the center torso, even a couple things on its shoulders. I usually end up using a whole quiver. Then just go to town with the Hardpoint arrows until it dies.

You can try using the Ropecaster to ground it, but I never found that to be particularly useful.

Also, Shock resistance potions are super handy.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #54
Lance Uppercut
BELIEVE IT, MOTHERFUCKER

I'm a couple of hours into Battle Waifu: Automata and I'm digging the multiple genre shifts. It's one of the slickest mechanics I've played in an action game.
bnet: LanceUpprcut#11563
XBox: XBox Shmexbox
Lance Uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #55
rein
Colonist

I'm trying really hard to like BOTW and it just is not clicking with me. The puzzles and the exploration are fantastic but I absolutely hate the combat. I have avoided every fight I can so far but each time I am in a situation that I have to fight I want to turn it off.

I have already mentioned that I hate the weapon breaking and being forced to swap weapons but I also feel the one-shot deaths are very cheap and unnecessary to make the game challenging. Everything about the combat feels clunky to me. Even the lock on system is a bit wonky at times.

This might be the first major title I start this year and not finish even though I know it is going to be GOTY according to most.
rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #56
MagGnome
Déjà vu

The combat is definitely the most clunky part about the game. Heck the only clunky part IMHO. I do enjoy some of the battles, especially the ones where I can use different tricks to dispatch enemies, but the one-shot deaths can be annoying. The rest of the game is so great thought that the combat doesn't detract, at least in my opinion.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #57
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

I played some more Watch Dogs 2 yesterday and finally went back to the main storyline, but I'm pretty sure that I won't finish it before Mass Effect comes out, so I think I might just mess around with it a little more and try to catch up on more TV shows instead.

I'm still not sure what happened with my Amazon Persona 5 order. Apparently some people just had their orders cancelled for no reason. So now I have it ordered from Best Buy instead and got a $20 credit from Amazon.

I ended up also cancelling my Mass Effect Andromeda pre-order and just bought it digitally from PSN instead. I realized that I would probably keep playing multi-player for a while after finishing the single-player and moving onto others games, and I hate having to constantly change discs, so it would probably be better for me to have a digital version. I was also worried that it might go through some more shipping adventures, and I would really like to play as soon as possible to be able to avoid spoilers. So now I'm just waiting for it to unlock on the PS4.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:25 PM   #58
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
I'm a couple of hours into Battle Waifu: Automata and I'm digging the multiple genre shifts. It's one of the slickest mechanics I've played in an action game.
I am actually considering putting off getting Persona 5 at launch so that I can focus on this instead. If I ever finish Xenoblade Chronicles, of course.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:06 PM   #59
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
I've spent most of my time catching up on stuff on my DVR. I'm trying to cut the cord, leaving just paying for my internet. I'm caught up on Arrow and The Flash, I must have seen the commercial for Horizon Zero Down around 20 times. I really want to play that but no way I'd play it if I did with MEA and P5 coming soon. Meanwhile i'm trying to get some P4G time in, i'm hoping to get through December before the weekend is up.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #60
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I've spent most of my time catching up on stuff on my DVR. I'm trying to cut the cord, leaving just paying for my internet. I'm caught up on Arrow and The Flash, I must have seen the commercial for Horizon Zero Down around 20 times. I really want to play that but no way I'd play it if I did with MEA and P5 coming soon. Meanwhile i'm trying to get some P4G time in, i'm hoping to get through December before the weekend is up.
I really want to play Horizon, especially with most of my friends list playing it. I kinda regret not trying to rent it when it came out, and I can't remember what else I was playing at the time instead. I also really want to play Nier and a lot of other games. I'm going to try to completely focus on Mass Effect Andromeda and Persona 5 and then try to catch up on a bunch of stuff.