welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekEND gaming (3.17.17)- What are YOU playing?

Lots of thoughts on how to summarize my work week but instead i'll just wish everyone a happy St. Patrick's Day. Erin Go Braugh and all that. At least try an Irish Potato or a green drink

Played quite a bit of Persona 4G this week, that will be my weekEND plan too. I really have this crazy thought I may be able to finish the game but that would mean some long gaming sessions like my snow day I had earlier in the week. My lazy self says "YES" but my more responsible side says I have floors to mop and furniture to move. I say go Keck my responsible side

Happy weekEND to all!

What are YOU playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:47 AM   #2
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Hoping to do basically nothing but game this weekend. Steep, Xenoblade Chronicles and Abzu are on the docket. I may also start up a "smaller" game like Endless Dungeon or Poly Bridge.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Been playing Zelda, binge-watching Bob's Burgers, and recovering from another intestine infection. Second one ever, first in January. Know better how to take care of it this time around.

Getting old sucks.

But I had mashed potatoes and pudding for dinner, so... yay. Young me would kill to know that he ate mashed potatoes and pudding while playing a new Zelda game.

Alright, time for bed because the fever-sleep ruined me and I need more rest.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
FFXIV: Assyndra Siafu on Hyperion (US)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:54 AM   #4
muddi900
Chinese Mummy Odyssey

What do you even eat chris?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #5
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddi900 View Post
What do you even eat chris?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Well, not gummy bears anymore.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
FFXIV: Assyndra Siafu on Hyperion (US)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:05 AM   #6
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Mostly playing Shovel Knight still. I think I'm on the last level (of the original game.)

Trying to decide something fun to do with the kids today.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:20 AM   #7
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

The weather is absolutely amazing right now, probably for the last time until October, so the kids and I will probably be out and about a lot this weekend. When we're not:

Toukiden 2 (demo) It's nice essentially getting the game a week early through this demo. I'll probably try to do everything I can in this preparing for the full release on Tuesday.

Horizon Zero Dawn I haven't played Horizon in over a week. I need a clone.

Final Fantasy XIV More weekly stuff, maybe some Palace of the Dead.

I'll probably play something else on the Vita, but I don't know what. Probably some random indie game that I've got sitting on it that I haven't touched.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #8
pomeroy
wtf

I'm on my way to Chicago for the weekend. We are going to Hamilton!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #9
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
Stuck with a 4 hour layover in the St. Louis airport so I'm playing lots of Zelda. It's ok though. This was one of the main reasons I bought a switch.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #10
LarsenNET
Koi are awesome

Final Fantasy XV - I'll be playing this for some time. I'm still in chapter 3 trying to do all of the sidequests/hunts that I run into. I wouldn't say I love it yet but I'm getting into it. Battle system seems pretty simplistic. Hopefully it evolves a bit.
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:12 AM   #11
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Stuck with a 4 hour layover in the St. Louis airport so I'm playing lots of Zelda. It's ok though. This was one of the main reasons I bought a switch.
Awesome! Well, the Switch part, not the layover. How do you like it as a handheld/portable?
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #12
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
It's pretty good. The controls are crap but workable. I have a much more favorable view of the console as a portable than a home console.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #13
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
The weather is absolutely amazing right now, probably for the last time until October
That is a strange thing to read.

I have a packed weekend ahead. A concert tonight and then drinks afterwards with friends at an Irish pub. Tomorrow I'm having friends over for a movie night (the theme is dystopia, watching District 9 and Snowpiercer). On Sunday I'm going to the Opera. There should be a fair amount of time for gaming though, I hope.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ - I have a Switch copy of this coming from Amazon today. I'm looking forward to trying it out, especially the multiplayer. This will probably be my main co-op game with Chris after we finish...

Snipperclips - I think we're around halfway through this great little game. The puzzles are so clever. This is a must play for anyone with a Switch.

Shovel Knight - Chris and I are playing this together on the Switch at his place, although we've only done one level so far. I imagine we'll do another 1-2 levels tonight or tomorrow.

Boxboy - This has replaced Pushmo as my go-to 3DS game to play in short bursts. I finished the first 4 worlds several months ago, and I'm glad I finally got back to it as it is a lot of fun and very clever. I've been playing one world per night and am around halfway through the game.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - This has sadly been on the back burner all week as I haven't had much time to game, and it's not the best title to only play for 30-40 minutes. I'm hoping to dedicate some time on Sunday to exploring Hyrule.

Phew that is a lot of games!
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #14
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
That is a strange thing to read.
Yeah, it's in the 60s and 70s for the next week. I'm not looking forward to the 6 months of 90+ degree weather that's on its way.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:55 AM   #15
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Still gorgeous weather here too. We'll see how long before the snow comes back.

The trampoline place's website said they open at 10 am on Friday the 17th. When they were closed I discovered that was FEBRUARY Friday the 17th. /facepalm
Old 03-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #16
jpublic
Threadslayer

I plan to get some more Horizon in, and maybe some staring forlornly at my locked download of ME:Andromeda. Dunno how much of that will actually happen, but...

Also going car (well, small SUV) shopping. Looking at the various reviews, I've narrowed it down to Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV4, Hyundai Tuscon, Kia Sportage, Mazda CX-5, or Honda CR-V.

Yeah, I know that's a lot to look at, but I want to make a good choice that both me and my wife are happy with. Part of the issue is I'm 6'3", and my aging knees are finding getting down into a sedan painful. My wife is 5'4", and she doesn't want a difficult climb up.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #17
biosc1
monoputer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
I plan to get some more Horizon in, and maybe some staring forlornly at my locked download of ME:Andromeda. Dunno how much of that will actually happen, but...

Also going car (well, small SUV) shopping. Looking at the various reviews, I've narrowed it down to Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV4, Hyundai Tuscon, Kia Sportage, Mazda CX-5, or Honda CR-V.

Yeah, I know that's a lot to look at, but I want to make a good choice that both me and my wife are happy with. Part of the issue is I'm 6'3", and my aging knees are finding getting down into a sedan painful. My wife is 5'4", and she doesn't want a difficult climb up.
As a 6'3 male who inherited his wife's Honda CRV...it's fine. Fits me well enough, though, not my first choice in cars, but it's been darn reliable.
biosc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #18
Pale Ale
Hi There

Size difference is my fetish

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:44 PM   #19
Spigot
Turn Me

I took my son to the Ninja Warrior training gym and he spent a good 4 hours there trying to conquer the 12' warp wall. He could get to the top but didn't have the upper body strength to pull himself up. He's bound & determined to get his noodle arms nice & strong for the next time.

As for this weekend, well, I've got Horizon to eat up most of my console time and probably some more Ace Attorney. It's my birthday on Sunday so I'm having a games night party tomorrow and we're going to be playing a lot of boardgames. Woo.

Only problem is that we have something like 30 people coming over tomorrow (including all of the kids) and I'm already regretting this plan.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:16 PM   #20
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Wife decided to get a luggage lock for some reason I can't fathom. She's now in Thailand and can't get it open.