Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-16-2017, 08:00 AM   #81
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
Pfft! You think I'm so easily defeated? Instead I came in, and stumped 'em all with a birdhouse and a surgically-altered raccoon.
I was going to say something about your past, having been toughened up by your family and love life that the adolescents have no idea your pain threshold

Keep in mind, they will keep trying to break you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav Slinker View Post
The answer is yes.
So there was fun fondling to be had then? Where are the lurid details? Or are you saving this for the travel blog?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #82
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
So there was fun fondling to be had then? Where are the lurid details? Or are you saving this for the travel blog?
There was indeed fondling, but they did ask me to stop.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:12 AM   #83
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

More P4G last night and very early this morning. I continue to gain back my old gaming habits, playing at every moment I can squeeze some game time in. I've been on early in the a.m. and often see Gorvi signing on. Nice to see another early bird .

Plot wise with P4G, the second suspect for all the murders has been caught although the game isn't over yet. I know it is still to soon, I am rather curious how they have someone else be the mastermind behind all the murders. Unfortunately, the plot events took one of the characters I was still working on maxing out, making it difficult to continue. I'm glad one of the two that were taken out of commission for social link activity I was able to max out. Also, I was friend zoned by another social link. Straight out stated she only wanted to be friends. I think if the MC tried to do the hug move that is done when the relationship becomes "intimate" she would have done some damage to the MC. That might have been fun to see and normal for a Persona game.

I'm around November 23, I'm hoping to finish off November tonight and go deep into December as well. I may actually finish this game over the weekend.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 03-16-2017, 08:16 AM   #84
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Played a bunch of Rocket League last night while waiting for the Steep install/update. Never did get a chance to try Steep, but I should be able to tonight.

I also got to a tough battle in Xenoblade Chronicles and may have to grind a bit, which often brings a game to a grinding halt for me but for some reason I don't mind this time.
Young Al Capone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:37 AM   #85
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Quote:
I was going to say something about your past, having been toughened up by your family and love life that the adolescents have no idea your pain threshold

Keep in mind, they will keep trying to break you.
Yeah, but I'm the one with training.

In all seriousness, though, this is one of those chapters when people are forced to do a lot of introspection, questioning the nature of understanding they just sort of took for granted.

At least, that's how it normally works. I'm not sure some people in this class are capable thinking deeply about anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:16 AM   #86
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm the one with training.

In all seriousness, though, this is one of those chapters when people are forced to do a lot of introspection, questioning the nature of understanding they just sort of took for granted.

At least, that's how it normally works. I'm not sure some people in this class are capable thinking deeply about anything.
We are still talking about adolescents right? I mean introspection isn't their strong suit

Old 03-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #87
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Barely any gaming for me last night, just a bit more of the Toukiden 2 demo last night and this morning. I finished up all the weapon tutorials and I think I'm going to stick with the Naginata for now. I think I'm hitting the last intro mission now, I may try to jump online tonight to see if I can do that co-op. I'm not sure, though, I think I have some NPCs tagging along. So far the game is good, though very similar to the originals. Fighting trash mobs is still just mashing for the most part, but the bigger Oni are still fun to fight.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #88
jpublic
Threadslayer

Been playing Death Road to Canada on and off when I can't bring myself to trudge through more Torment.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #89
Pale Ale
Hi There

Is that a game or a euphemism? Hard to tell around here sometimes.

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #90
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Quote:
We are still talking about adolescents right? I mean introspection isn't their strong suit
Yes. My philosophy on psychology is philosophy. I give my students a number of critical thinking exercises related to the subject we're discussing. There's really no right or wrong answer (well, unless you answer "Because... Rome!"), but the idea is that they start developing the skills they're going to need in college and adulthood.

So far, it's been pretty hit or miss. There are some students that really shine, and others that would probably start licking the chalkboard if I stepped out of the class too long.
Quote:
Old 03-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #91
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Damn, Spotify has just about every Falcom soundtrack imaginable. I guess I know what I'm listening to for a while.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #92
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
So far, it's been pretty hit or miss. There are some students that really shine, and others that would probably start licking the chalkboard if I stepped out of the class too long.
The question then is, this observation, are you making this assessment as a teacher or are you making this assessment as an academic in social science?

Old 03-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #93
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Oh, I almost forgot one of my more interesting moments, this week: One of my students asked if we had ever cloned anything, and none of them had ever heard of Dolly.

Twenty years later, and it is like it never happened.

Quote:
The question then is, this observation, are you making this assessment as a teacher or are you making this assessment as an academic in social science?
In terms of licking the chalkboard? Probably as a teacher. Some of these kids can barely string together a sentence, so it's really hard to determine their critical thinking. The ones that shine do so from either perspective. And don't get me wrong, there is plenty of middle ground, but the polar opposites really stand out.
Quote:
Old 03-16-2017, 04:40 PM   #94
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
Ha ha, sorry! For some reason I thought we were in the finished games thread and you were talking about all those GO games.
I figured that was the case, but for a minute or so I was pretty confused, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Al Capone View Post
I also got to a tough battle in Xenoblade Chronicles and may have to grind a bit, which often brings a game to a grinding halt for me but for some reason I don't mind this time.
I've been trying to get Chris to finish the game before Persona 5 comes out, especially since he borrowed my copy. He's around the halfway mark and said there is too much grinding.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:26 PM   #95
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:

In terms of licking the chalkboard? Probably as a teacher. Some of these kids can barely string together a sentence, so it's really hard to determine their critical thinking. The ones that shine do so from either perspective. And don't get me wrong, there is plenty of middle ground, but the polar opposites really stand out.
It may help if you brought your social science self into the mix. I think it may help with your teaching.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #96
Spigot
Turn Me

We took the kids and their cousins to an escape room this afternoon. It was pretty fun but after we felt like champs for escaping in 30 minutes (for a 45 min room) we found out it was a modified version to be easier for the kids. If I'd known that I would have let them do more of the work

D&D tonight saw our party take down a bunch of hobgoblins under the city, then try to explain this grand conspiracy to the watch and then ended with us getting caught in a riot in the middle of town. For some reason, the peasants wouldn't listen to my pleas to stop the madness and listen to their betters.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #97
jpublic
Threadslayer

I know everyone's about the Switch right now, but had anyone heard anything about the PS4 pro? I'm thinking of getting one, but if there's HW issues I'll wait.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #98
Spigot
Turn Me

I haven't heard of any real issues with it.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:39 AM   #99
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
I've been trying to get Chris to finish the game before Persona 5 comes out, especially since he borrowed my copy. He's around the halfway mark and said there is too much grinding.
He probably is around the same spot as me. He isn't wrong, but there are so many side missions and places to explore that much of the time I didn't notice the grind. It wasn't until I just started focusing on the story and trucking along that I hit the wall. I too wanted to finish it before Persona 5, but I don't see it happening.
Young Al Capone is online now   Reply With Quote