welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-14-2017, 10:47 AM   #41
pomeroy
wtf

I've been in too much of a funk to play a lot. I putzed around with Zelda a little the last few days (just clearing shrines [super slowly, btw. I've only cleared like 17] and activating towers [these seem worthless. I mean, they don't reveal shit about where things like shrines are]). I dig the game a lot, but I have a feeling I'll probably lose interest before I beat it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #42
jpublic
Threadslayer

My pile of shame is epic and goes back to my SNES collection.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #43
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
My pile of shame is epic and goes back to my SNES collection.
Oh, mine goes back almost as far. I have a whole list of older games that I really, really want to play but never have the time for them, going back two decades.

For those who care (I think just Wolfman and I ) there's a demo for Toukiden 2 on PSN now for both PS4 and Vita that carries over to the main game.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #44
jpublic
Threadslayer

I want to like Toukiden, but that style of game just doesn't click with me for some reason.

And I've been sucked into the hole that is Death Road to Canada.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #45
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
No shame from me. There are tons of game's I've not beat, but I've finished every one of them. When a game loses my focus it's done as far as I'm concerned.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:35 PM   #46
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Today, I just feel old. This class, man... this class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:27 PM   #47
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Two days to retirement and somebody finally notices I have a tattoo. I was so goddamn close!

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:50 AM   #48
Spigot
Turn Me

Murtaugh, meet your new partner, Riggs.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:12 AM   #49
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post

For those who care (I think just Wolfman and I ) there's a demo for Toukiden 2 on PSN now for both PS4 and Vita that carries over to the main game.
Anything you two talk about with enthusiasm and I don't know, I just look up. Mostly stuff I won't play, but it usually is something interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
Today, I just feel old. This class, man... this class.
Wait till tomorrow. Just when you think they beat you enough, they smell blood and beat you more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav Slinker View Post
Two days to retirement and somebody finally notices I have a tattoo. I was so goddamn close!
Forget the tattoo...what did they think about your nipples?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:24 AM   #50
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
I took advantage of my day off brought on by the weather, playing P4G all day. I think I took a break for food for 10 minutes, otherwise I believe it was like 12 hrs of playing the game. I haven't done a gaming session like that in a very long while but it was fun. I just felt well if i'm going to be forced to take the day off, i'm doing nothing but gaming. I did manage to get to November in the game. At the end of October there is the Cultural festival, and while there had been some weirdness in P4G already, well nothing compared to the few days of that festival. There was enough wink wink sexual innuendo that really wasn't that I felt at one point I was playing an imported Japanese visual novel that I can find on Steam. But that's why I play the Persona series, the weird social links and shenanigans they have in the games. I maxed out a few more of the social links and I am close to a couple more. Some I know I won't max out but i'm trying to focus on those that interest me the most.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:25 AM   #51
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Dark nipples are unremarkable in Asian countries. It was more the size of my chest that inspired desire and envy.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.

Last edited by Dav Slinker; 03-15-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:57 AM   #52
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

Quote:
Thanks for the alert. I didn't get a chance to check it out yet, but maybe I'll get around to it today. I really need to get back to Kiwami some more, and I still need to play both God Eater games. I'm not sure when I'll get around to 2, but that's ok since I can't afford it right now with all the other releases. I need more time; there's too much to play.

I also got an email from Amazon saying that my Persona 5 pre-order was cancelled because it contained "dangerous materials." No idea what that is about. I managed to pre-order it from Best Buy instead while I wait for a response from Amazon customer service for an explanation and to see if I can get my order back since it was a decent amount cheaper with Prime.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:00 AM   #53
Gorvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWolfmanD View Post
Thanks for the alert. I didn't get a chance to check it out yet, but maybe I'll get around to it today. I really need to get back to Kiwami some more, and I still need to play both God Eater games. I'm not sure when I'll get around to 2, but that's ok since I can't afford it right now with all the other releases. I need more time; there's too much to play.
Oh, you and me both with time. I also have both God Eater games sitting there barely played. If you ever find the time let me know, it would be more fun playing them co-op anyway.

I was beat last night but I did get in some good time with the Toukiden 2 demo. It's the beginning of the game essentially, and it carries over, so it's like getting a head start a week early. So far it feels a lot like the first game, but from what I can tell early on it's more open world, less random segmented arenas, so that's a cool change. You're still harvesting enemies for drops to craft better gear and armor and leveling Mitama to power yourself up, so the cycle seems to be the same. There's this demon hand thing now that kinda reminds me of Freedom Wars (another game I really need to put more time into.....).

I need to jump into the training area to try out the different weapon times. I've been using the Naginata but I want to try out some of the others to see what I like the feel of best.

And Purps, I'm glad to hear you're really going now with P4, that game ends in such a strong way.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:18 AM   #54
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

Quote:
Oh, you and me both with time. I also have both God Eater games sitting there barely played. If you ever find the time let me know, it would be more fun playing them co-op anyway.

I was beat last night but I did get in some good time with the Toukiden 2 demo. It's the beginning of the game essentially, and it carries over, so it's like getting a head start a week early. So far it feels a lot like the first game, but from what I can tell early on it's more open world, less random segmented arenas, so that's a cool change. You're still harvesting enemies for drops to craft better gear and armor and leveling Mitama to power yourself up, so the cycle seems to be the same. There's this demon hand thing now that kinda reminds me of Freedom Wars (another game I really need to put more time into.....).

I need to jump into the training area to try out the different weapon times. I've been using the Naginata but I want to try out some of the others to see what I like the feel of best.

And Purps, I'm glad to hear you're really going now with P4, that game ends in such a strong way.
I've been using a Naginata in Kiwami since I think that was one of the new weapons for that version.

I didn't realize that Toukiden 2 was coming out so soon until you mentioned it a few days ago. When I loaded up the store page, I saw the thing about open world and was curious how that was done. I'll definitely have to check that out. Is it just completely open world, or do you basically just get sent on missions in a much larger area than the previous game?

I also really need to get back to Freedom Wars. I really loved that game. Unfortunately it's also one of the games that I was most worried about losing my save when my Vita memory card died. I'm not sure if I had uploaded my most recent save to the cloud or if it was an older save or what. I didn't really want to find out at the time, but I guess I should look into it at some point. I would love to be able to finish the game someday if I didn't lose too much progress, but I also wouldn't really want to have to start over if I somehow lost everything. I guess it wouldn't be that bad since I don't really remember how to play at all, but I liked the character I had going before.

The demon hand in Toukiden 2 sounds cool though since I usually enjoy games that have that sort of movement system, so I'll have to check that out too.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:18 AM   #55
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
I also got an email from Amazon saying that my Persona 5 pre-order was cancelled because it contained "dangerous materials." No idea what that is about. I managed to pre-order it from Best Buy instead while I wait for a response from Amazon customer service for an explanation and to see if I can get my order back since it was a decent amount cheaper with Prime.
Was it the steelbook version?

I played a few hours of Xenoblade Chronicles last night. That game just keeps getting better the further in I get. I cannot remember the last time I loved a setting so much, it is just so epic. The sense of scale is ridiculous.

Should be getting Steep and DQ8 delivered today.
Young Al Capone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #56
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I spent about two hours last night with Breath of the Wild. Still loving it, and still quite early on in the story. Most players are way past me now. I've been taking my sweet time. Heck about half of last night's playtime was spent on the same mountain.

I also played some Pushmo. I have three puzzles remaining and then the game will be finished. Maybe tonight if the difficulty doesn't slow me down too much. After Pushmo is done I'll likely start another simple 3DS game I can play in short bursts, like Crashmo or Boxboy.

I'm thinking about taking Torment off the back burner as well. I'm itching to play more of it, but Zelda... Too many games!

Oh, and I gave notice at my job on Monday. Not a peep from the boss or HR so far, but my coworkers are all really bummed about it. It's nice to know I'll be missed.

Last edited by MagGnome; 03-15-2017 at 08:22 AM.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:31 AM   #57
Gorvi

Quote:
I've been using a Naginata in Kiwami since I think that was one of the new weapons for that version.

I didn't realize that Toukiden 2 was coming out so soon until you mentioned it a few days ago. When I loaded up the store page, I saw the thing about open world and was curious how that was done. I'll definitely have to check that out. Is it just completely open world, or do you basically just get sent on missions in a much larger area than the previous game?
It looks like there's still missions like previous games, but I just opened up the mission mechanic before stopping this morning, so I'm not sure. From what I've seen so far I'm guessing you just get missions and get sent out into the world to do them, rather than just getting teleported to some interconnected arenas. You can warp around the world from different stones it looks like, so I think that's how they solve getting to further away missions from the hub town.
Quote:
I also really need to get back to Freedom Wars. I really loved that game. Unfortunately it's also one of the games that I was most worried about losing my save when my Vita memory card died. I'm not sure if I had uploaded my most recent save to the cloud or if it was an older save or what. I didn't really want to find out at the time, but I guess I should look into it at some point. I would love to be able to finish the game someday if I didn't lose too much progress, but I also wouldn't really want to have to start over if I somehow lost everything. I guess it wouldn't be that bad since I don't really remember how to play at all, but I liked the character I had going before.
I started it at a time where I was just jumping from game to game while playing haphazzardly while only really focusing on FFXIV hardcore. I liked the few hours I played, but didn't nearly give it the time it deserved, and never did multiplayer, which sorta misses the point of these games.
Quote:
The demon hand in Toukiden 2 sounds cool though since I usually enjoy games that have that sort of movement system, so I'll have to check that out too.
It is really cool.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #58
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Al Capone View Post
Was it the steelbook version?
It was the premium edition.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:47 AM   #59
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

That is weird, I wonder what could possibly be considered dangerous.
Young Al Capone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #60
MagGnome
Déjà vu

It's Persona. It's basically crack cocaine for a certain subset of the gaming population.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote