welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #21
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
Bought a switch off Craigslist without getting stabbed so I suspect there's a lot of Zelda in my future. I daresay the other guy was more wary of me than I was of him. The benefits of driving a shitty car, being sick, and not shaving for a week I suppose.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:28 PM   #22
Pale Ale
Hi There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
Oh, you definitely have it harder than I do. I mean, in your case, there are some very definite consequences to what goes on. In this class? Not so much... especially if we address their problems before anything goes on their transcript.

Still, I managed to hold my ground. The mother was upset because I didn't grant her daughter an extension after she (the daughter) broke her arm. I had to explain to her that the assignment was due before the daughter broke her arm, so that's really the stupidest excuse I've heard, yet.
These get better, between the ghosts and cream of the college, I dunno how you don't cut your own head off with a chainsaw.

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #23
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I've started to re-watch GG from the beginning. I'm on season 3 currently. I typically watch this when I'm unwinding down from my day, readying for bed.
I had never seen the show until a few months ago, when it popped into my Netflix queue and I decided to see what the fuss was about. It is very good for watching before bed, as you said. I really like the characters. Watching it is like curling up in a warm blanket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
Trying to get back into an RPG that I was 80% done with 3 years later is not the brightest thing I've ever done....
I have a trail of games that I will likely never finish for similar reasons. It's very hard to go back to most games.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #24
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

And now someone has started e-mailing my personal account, asking about the status of a research funds application that I have never seen. I'm not even sure how she got my personal e-mail, to say nothing of her decision to use it (instead of the one for that job, I mean).

I'm slowly getting to that "I hate people" point, again.

Quote:
I have a lot of respect for teachers and what they have to endure. Well the good teachers anyway. They have students that have great challenges but aren't being recognized or supported yet so the teacher is the one handling the issue(s). I can't even get into parents and their issues
With some of the stuff I've seen in just one semester, I can understand how some people slip from that "good teacher" category. Some of these people really test you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:29 PM   #25
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

Quote:
Trying to get back into an RPG that I was 80% done with 3 years later is not the brightest thing I've ever done....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
I have a trail of games that I will likely never finish for similar reasons. It's very hard to go back to most games.
Yep, I have that problem too. I do it way too often.

There are a few games that I want to get back to sometime soon, but I don't know if I should try to continue where I left off or restart them. I would prefer to just restart, but then I think about the 5-10 hours or more that I already played and how much of a waste it would be, and that just keeps me from getting back to them.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #26
biosc1
monoputer

Quote:
Damn, so many games have died on that 'pile'. The Witcher 1 is likely the game I've tried repeatedly, played a lot of...then forgot everything and started over.
biosc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:44 PM   #27
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
We may have had a similar morning. I received a text from a mother that she was immediately taking her adolescent home, discharging her from the group home immediately. The reason was sent in a wall of text to myself and my director. This was at 9am. I don't even get in until 11am. Is it Friday yet?
I'm in a similar boat... slight twists, but very similar. I think that's half the reason I've got either a stress headache or migraine going...

I'm off the last 2 days of this week (yay, March Break!) but I still have to get through Tuesday & Wednesday. Boo.

I didn't really actually play anything on the weekend except for a tiny bit of Horizon on Friday and some Ace Attorney before bed. Otherwise I was busy getting caught up on The Expanse and reading. Woo.

This week, aside from whatever adventures we get up to on Thursday/Friday, I'll be playing:

Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) - Just did a pretty cool raid against the bad guys... well, the ones who killed my friends. Nice blend of sneaking and shooting. I have a glitched quest at the moment though. "The Luck Of The Hunt", for those who are playing. I've gotten the ring and the boar skins but I can't get the quest giver to take the skins. Ah well. It looks like this is a pretty common glitch at the moment and while I could theoretically go back and load a save from before this, I've done too much since I discovered that my save was glitched to roll things back. It looks like the devs know about it so I'll wait for an eventual patch.

Ace Attorney: Spirit Of Justice (3DS) - I'm so close to finishing this... so close...

Torment
(PC) - About the only reason I'm thinking of putting this on the shelf for now is that I'm still very early in it and Mass Effect is out next week, and if the rest of the series is any indication, I'll be quite busy working on it when I'm not playing Horizon. But who knows... maybe I'll spread myself even thinner

That's probably about it right now...
Old 03-13-2017, 10:50 PM   #28
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
I'm of the opinion that unless you hardly played any of the game, it's better to push on through than start over. That way lies madness. I find that while the prospect of remembering how to play and what you were doing is always daunting, it's often not nearly as bad as you feared. (Occasionally it is, though! )

Anyway, I'm really digging this Shovel Knight game.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:36 PM   #29
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
Send them to school and/or then lock them in the basement?

Hit up the aquarium, children's museum, parks... other stuff?
Ha! You flipped it on me with an appropriately wholesome Keck answer.

I preordered Persona 5 since it was like 12 bucks off. Then I saw that Tokyo Mirage Sessions was not only back in stock but going for a reasonable price, so it is on the way from amazon. I managed to go months sticking to my no new games rule and blew it all this weekend with something like 4 new games and a preorder.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:36 AM   #30
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Third years graduated today and more than I could count asked for a picture with me. I'm gonna miss some of these kids. And it really drove in that I just have three days left. Makes me sad, but just like the kids go on to high school, it's not just an end, but a beginning as well.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:33 AM   #31
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Finished off Styx and now I am on to ME andromeda

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:33 AM   #32
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
I had never seen the show until a few months ago, when it popped into my Netflix queue and I decided to see what the fuss was about. It is very good for watching before bed, as you said. I really like the characters. Watching it is like curling up in a warm blanket.
I convinced my mother to start watching, she's hooked now too. She binge watches with my father. Don't forget to watch the new episodes that came out last Thanksgiving. They were really good and motivated me to rewatch the entire series again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
I'm in a similar boat... slight twists, but very similar. I think that's half the reason I've got either a stress headache or migraine going...
I feel often our problematic days are almost parallel. I hope your day ended a bit less messy than mine. Mess literally since the discharge was sudden, I had to pack up the individual's room. Imagine a typical room for an adolescent. Imagine the horror of having to clean it. That was my afternoon yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
Finished off Styx and now I am on to ME andromeda
I can't wait for your review on ME Andromeda.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:23 AM   #33
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
I feel often our problematic days are almost parallel. I hope your day ended a bit less messy than mine. Mess literally since the discharge was sudden, I had to pack up the individual's room. Imagine a typical room for an adolescent. Imagine the horror of having to clean it. That was my afternoon yesterday.
Yesterday wasn't the problematic day. But the thought of sending a particular text has been something I've been dreading for the past couple of weeks and I just couldn't do it yesterday.

I'll be sending it today and that's bound to start an interesting chain of events. Sigh.

As for cleaning a room, well, I have staff to do that for me.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #34
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWolfmanD View Post

There are a few games that I want to get back to sometime soon, but I don't know if I should try to continue where I left off or restart them. I would prefer to just restart, but then I think about the 5-10 hours or more that I already played and how much of a waste it would be, and that just keeps me from getting back to them.
With Demon Gaze I was so close. I'm not going to go for the post game content, but I was on one of the last bosses, I can't even remember why the hell I put it down. I think there was some life stuff going on at the time where I didn't do a lot of gaming. Either way, I'm going to get back into it and finish it off if it kills me.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #35
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

Quote:
With Demon Gaze I was so close. I'm not going to go for the post game content, but I was on one of the last bosses, I can't even remember why the hell I put it down. I think there was some life stuff going on at the time where I didn't do a lot of gaming. Either way, I'm going to get back into it and finish it off if it kills me.
I think I have one trophy left in Demon Gaze. I would like to get it, but it's the one where you collect all the skulls and whatever the other hidden item was. I only have 3 or 4 left, I think, but unfortunately I don't remember which ones. I think most of them are in one of the large areas, but I also think it's one of the ones that kinda sucks to navigate, so it would probably be a pain in the ass to check all the spots. So I probably won't go back to that since it would mostly be a pointless waste of time, but the completionist part of me is still tempted since I was so close.

I do think it's worth you trying to finish though. I can't remember the exact end of the game, but I did like the game overall a lot.

Speaking of which, I wonder when Demon Gaze 2 is supposed to come out.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #36
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Quote:
I think I have one trophy left in Demon Gaze. I would like to get it, but it's the one where you collect all the skulls and whatever the other hidden item was. I only have 3 or 4 left, I think, but unfortunately I don't remember which ones. I think most of them are in one of the large areas, but I also think it's one of the ones that kinda sucks to navigate, so it would probably be a pain in the ass to check all the spots. So I probably won't go back to that since it would mostly be a pointless waste of time, but the completionist part of me is still tempted since I was so close.

I do think it's worth you trying to finish though. I can't remember the exact end of the game, but I did like the game overall a lot.

Speaking of which, I wonder when Demon Gaze 2 is supposed to come out.
Yeah, I really did like it, and getting back to it, damn that game does not let you just fly through battles. I'm just kinda wandering around right now looking for the fight with the boss I'm on (Astro) and getting a bit annoyed. The extra xp couldn't hurt though I'm sure.

As for Demon Gaze 2, so far it hasn't been announced for the US, it came out in Japan last September, but Play Asia has an English Asian version listed that should be out next month I think, so I may just import that.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:48 AM   #37
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

I have a really bad habit of restarting games if I take any sort of break from them. Since some of these games are 60+ hour games I have been trying to break that habit, and youtube tutorials help a ton.

I just noticed that Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 are coming out later this month. I am starting to think waiting for the Switch library to flesh out a bit/Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to come out should be pretty easy.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:49 AM   #38
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I'll definitely watch the new episodes, Purps, though I'm only on season 1 at the moment. Almost to season 2 though.

Quote:

My pile of shame is large and goes back many years, but two recent examples are Witcher 3 and Divinity: Original Sin. I put around 65 hours in the former and 20 in the latter. I loved both so it's a mystery as to why I stopped playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
I'm of the opinion that unless you hardly played any of the game, it's better to push on through than start over. That way lies madness. I find that while the prospect of remembering how to play and what you were doing is always daunting, it's often not nearly as bad as you feared. (Occasionally it is, though! )

Anyway, I'm really digging this Shovel Knight game.
That's generally my stance as well. Pushing through the confusion of going back to a game can be difficult, but restarting is much worse.

Now I'm itching to dive back into some abandoned games, but that would mean abandoning the games I'm playing now.

By the way, I'm really glad that you're having such a good time with Shovel Knight.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #39
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post

As for cleaning a room, well, I have staff to do that for me.
Well Lord Fauntleroy, no staff were around, I volunteered to do it

The blizzard they were predicting didn't quite happen, although there is plenty of mixture of snow, rain and very cold temperatures. The roads are a disaster, NJ has a state of emergency which doesn't mean much for me (the group home is a 24/7 facility, we are exempt) however my supervisor texted me to tell me to stay home. So now i'll just continue playing P4G.

I played some P4G this morning, I beat the latest dungeon, freeing Naoto from his shadow. I may be mistaken, but did this game take on transgender issues? Certainly was some interesting cut scenes to watch and process.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #40
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
By the way, I'm really glad that you're having such a good time with Shovel Knight.
Thanks! I always expected to. I've just been trained by Steam not to buy indie games for a paltry 33% off. Especially as they start to get years old.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote