welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-13-2017, 06:39 AM   #1
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekDAY gaming (3.13.17)- What are YOU still playing?

The weekDAY you say? Time for the weekEND roundup then. I'd say it was a successful weekend, murdering my former mattress then clearing out of the room whatever didn't need to be in there. After that well it was spent watching to much stuff on my DVR however I redeemed this with lots of play with Persona 4G. I am close to attempting to save the next tv victim, while closing in on maxing out on several more social links. I am getting curious when the MC has 3 or 4 girlfriends how that plays out (if it does). I'm definitely going to max out on all the romantic social links, I need to work on the rest too eventually.

Snow is in the forecast, that will make work interesting. I really am hoping the storm misses my area or it won't be that severe. Otherwise it seems just to be another typical week in the chaos at the group home. I hope to keep my streak of getting home at "normal" hours continues.

For everyone else...welcome back to the weekDAY...

What are YOU still playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #2
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Three days of work before my wife heads off to Thailand. Then I'll be on kid duty full time. Should give me lots of playtime.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #3
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Spent the weekend running laps in Project Cars and a little bit of time with Rocket League, Nier Automata and Xenoblade Chronicles. I want to get through Xenoblade Chronicles before really tearing into Nier, but Nier is awesome so we will see how that goes. Should be easy to wait at least a month or so to find a Switch between those two games.
Young Al Capone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #4
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Not a lot of gaming done over the weekend, it was just a bit too busy. It was a good weekend, though. This week:

Horizon Zero Dawn Bleh, I haven't touched Horizon in a week. I need to get back to it.

Demon Gaze With DAEUDG all wrapped up, this will be my next big portable distraction. Well, until Toukiden 2 next week. I put about 30 hours into DG when it first came out, then for reasons I can't remember I put it down and now it's been nearly 3 years. I think I was about 3/4 of the way through the game, so I'm going to be trying to figure out just what the hell I was doing and finish it up.

Severed I played about an hour of Severed over the weekend. It's good, but also feels like a short burst mobile game in a lot of ways. I'll probably keep going with it, though.

Final Fantasy XIV Weekly stuffs.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #5
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
Three days of work before my wife heads off to Thailand. Then I'll be on kid duty full time. Should give me lots of playtime.
Your wife likes Thai food that much?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 03-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
That sounds awesome! I assume she is going for work, or maybe she has just had enough of your kecking bullshark...
Old 03-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #7
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

I'm going to get back to Watch Dogs 2 today and try to remember how to play since it's been so long. I kinda want to play some more Overwatch, but at this point it seems like it would be best to just wait until the patch comes out. I'm not sure when that is, but I hope it's this week. I should probably try to play some more Toukiden Kiwami too before I forget how to play that as well.

I've also been wanting to play Steins;Gate the last few days, so maybe I'll try to do that when the TV is in use. I definitely need to get back to playing Vita games, but losing my larger memory card kinda messed that up since I didn't feel like juggling games. I should probably also get back to all things Danganronpa thanks to Gorvi.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #8
Gorvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWolfmanD View Post
I've also been wanting to play Steins;Gate the last few days, so maybe I'll try to do that when the TV is in use. I definitely need to get back to playing Vita games, but losing my larger memory card kinda messed that up since I didn't feel like juggling games. I should probably also get back to all things Danganronpa thanks to Gorvi.
How is Steins;Gate? It's down to $23 on Amazon right now and I'm debating grabbing it. I could go for another VN.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Your wife likes Thai food that much?
Apparently!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Al Capone View Post
That sounds awesome! I assume she is going for work, or maybe she has just had enough of your kecking bullshark...
Trip with her mom and sister.

1) She loves traveling
2) I don't
3) Mostly I hate the cost
4) This cuts down on costs
5) Plus it solves the "what do we do with our kids?" problem
Old 03-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #10
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
How is Steins;Gate? It's down to $23 on Amazon right now and I'm debating grabbing it. I could go for another VN.
It looks like it's $20 regular on the PSN store. I bought it for a lot cheaper during a PSN sale I think, but I can't remember if it was $5 or $10 or what. I'm not sure how often it's on sale though.

As for how it is, I'm not sure. I'm still near the beginning since for some reason I always switch to something else right after starting it. I've also avoided info about it as much as possible since I definitely don't want to be spoiled. I know it's pretty well regarded for a VN, and that people also like the anime a lot, so I assume the story is pretty good.

The main character is kinda weird, so I don't know if that would be annoying or not.

I'm not really comfortable recommending something that I haven't played much, and although we both like a lot of the same weird games, there are sure to be some that we disagree on. I would feel bad if you wasted money on it, especially with that PSP collecting habit you have. I'll try to play some tonight or tomorrow and let you know if I have any initial opinions. I also have no idea how hard it would be to find a good review without spoilers, but I guess you could try to look around some if you're interested.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:28 AM   #11
Gorvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWolfmanD View Post
It looks like it's $20 regular on the PSN store. I bought it for a lot cheaper during a PSN sale I think, but I can't remember if it was $5 or $10 or what. I'm not sure how often it's on sale though.

As for how it is, I'm not sure. I'm still near the beginning since for some reason I always switch to something else right after starting it. I've also avoided info about it as much as possible since I definitely don't want to be spoiled. I know it's pretty well regarded for a VN, and that people also like the anime a lot, so I assume the story is pretty good.

The main character is kinda weird, so I don't know if that would be annoying or not.

I'm not really comfortable recommending something that I haven't played much, and although we both like a lot of the same weird games, there are sure to be some that we disagree on. I would feel bad if you wasted money on it, especially with that PSP collecting habit you have. I'll try to play some tonight or tomorrow and let you know if I have any initial opinions. I also have no idea how hard it would be to find a good review without spoilers, but I guess you could try to look around some if you're interested.
Oh, the PSP collecting is a bit on the back burner right now. I'm going for a complete English Vita collection (US/EU/Asia) and it's getting a little out of hand. I don't think I've seen SG dip below $20 physically, so I may take a shot at it. I've got the urge to start a new VN, and SG seems to be one of them on the Vita that doesn't veer into otome territory as a lot of the others like Code: Realize and Norn9 do. So I'm torn between SG and Root Letter.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #12
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:

1) She loves traveling
2) I don't
Ahhh, that is cool. So what are you gonna do with the kids?
Old 03-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #13
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
Oh, the PSP collecting is a bit on the back burner right now. I'm going for a complete English Vita collection (US/EU/Asia) and it's getting a little out of hand. I don't think I've seen SG dip below $20 physically, so I may take a shot at it. I've got the urge to start a new VN, and SG seems to be one of them on the Vita that doesn't veer into otome territory as a lot of the others like Code: Realize and Norn9 do. So I'm torn between SG and Root Letter.
Well, if you're going for a complete collection and really want a VN, I would say go for it.

And yeah, it would be nice to have some more VNs that weren't otome, but I might check some of those out sometime anyway.

I don't know anything about Root Letter, although I appear to have added it to my wishlist at some point. I'll have to look into that later to see what it's about.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #14
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Ugh, I'm not even at work, yet, and I already know it's going to be a bad day. Apparently, a student's mother is quite upset with me, and wants to have a meeting about it, today. This should be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #15
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Send them to school and/or then lock them in the basement?

Hit up the aquarium, children's museum, parks... other stuff?
Old 03-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #16
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I didn't do nearly enough gaming this weekend. I was too wiped from this cold and cough, so most of my time was spent laying on my bed watching Gilmore Girls and a few other shows. Sadly my week off flew by and I didn't do about 1/2 of the things I wanted to, but that's life.

Gaming plans this week:

Pushmo - I have 5 or so puzzles left and then I'm done, as far as I can tell. I'm hoping to wrap this up in the next couple of days.

Breath of the Wild - I wish I had spent more time with this game while I was off work. I've probably put 20 or so hours in thus far, maybe more. Still great, still loving it, and I've still only seen maybe 1/5 of the map.

Snipperclips - Chris and I played some of this on Saturday, and we'll be doing so again this evening. We're on the last puzzle of the second world.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #17
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Apparently!

1) She loves traveling
2) I don't
You are a good husband. Also a saint. St. Donut. Has a nice ring to it.

Quote:
Eat donuts and play lots of Mario Kart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
Ugh, I'm not even at work, yet, and I already know it's going to be a bad day. Apparently, a student's mother is quite upset with me, and wants to have a meeting about it, today. This should be fun.
Oh, I'm good at those conversations. If you ever need some pointers on not to have a parent hit you...

We may have had a similar morning. I received a text from a mother that she was immediately taking her adolescent home, discharging her from the group home immediately. The reason was sent in a wall of text to myself and my director. This was at 9am. I don't even get in until 11am. Is it Friday yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
I didn't do nearly enough gaming this weekend. I was too wiped from this cold and cough, so most of my time was spent laying on my bed watching Gilmore Girls and a few other shows. Sadly my week off flew by and I didn't do about 1/2 of the things I wanted to, but that's life.
I've started to re-watch GG from the beginning. I'm on season 3 currently. I typically watch this when I'm unwinding down from my day, readying for bed.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #18
Generation ABXY
Thằn Lằn Ôm Cột

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Oh, I'm good at those conversations. If you ever need some pointers on not to have a parent hit you...

We may have had a similar morning. I received a text from a mother that she was immediately taking her adolescent home, discharging her from the group home immediately. The reason was sent in a wall of text to myself and my director. This was at 9am. I don't even get in until 11am. Is it Friday yet?
Oh, you definitely have it harder than I do. I mean, in your case, there are some very definite consequences to what goes on. In this class? Not so much... especially if we address their problems before anything goes on their transcript.

Still, I managed to hold my ground. The mother was upset because I didn't grant her daughter an extension after she (the daughter) broke her arm. I had to explain to her that the assignment was due before the daughter broke her arm, so that's really the stupidest excuse I've heard, yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
You really are a living, breathing American Gothic Novel
Generation ABXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:47 PM   #19
Gorvi

Trying to get back into an RPG that I was 80% done with 3 years later is not the brightest thing I've ever done....
Old 03-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #20
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation ABXY View Post
Oh, you definitely have it harder than I do. I mean, in your case, there are some very definite consequences to what goes on. In this class? Not so much... especially if we address their problems before anything goes on their transcript.

Still, I managed to hold my ground. The mother was upset because I didn't grant her daughter an extension after she (the daughter) broke her arm. I had to explain to her that the assignment was due before the daughter broke her arm, so that's really the stupidest excuse I've heard, yet.
I have a lot of respect for teachers and what they have to endure. Well the good teachers anyway. They have students that have great challenges but aren't being recognized or supported yet so the teacher is the one handling the issue(s). I can't even get into parents and their issues