welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-06-2017, 08:35 AM   #1
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekDAY gaming (3.6.17)- What are YOU still playing?

After a successful weekEND, i'm measuring success as getting no calls from work and my continued resurgence playing games. I did manage to quite a bit of Persona 4G, beating the month's dungeon then moving on to my player ways with the social links. I am close to maxing out one relationship, two others i'm pretty close to that occurring. I'm curious what happens at the end if you end up with 5 girlfriends. Maybe that outcome is the basis for Catherine

I also thought this weekEND was when daylight savings occurs, which made for some interesting moments yesterday. I was convinced the clocks changed but I didn't change any in my house but they were stating the correct time. Then I fell asleep in the afternoon and thought it was the next day (it was still Sunday). Not sure if you can gaslight yourself but I think I did. Maybe all the PG4 is playing with my mental health.

Off to the weekDAY we go...

What are YOU still playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
LarsenNET
Koi are awesome

Final Fantasy XV - Start this Friday night, so far so good. Still trying to get the battle system down. Seems kind of button mashy. Doubtful I'll play much of anything else until this is done which will probably take a month or so.
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I am off all week. Cheers to that. Here's what I'll be playing:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - This game is so good you guys. So, so good. It's tough but fair, gorgeous, and a ton of fun to play. I finally got off of the Great Plateau last night, so now I can explore the world as I please. The map is absolutely gigantic, and I can't wait to see what surprises and secrets lie around the next bend or on top of yonder peak.

Sneaking up on sleeping Bokoblins and whacking them over the head with a sledgehammer is great fun:

The Journey Down - I'll be finishing this with Chris at some point, provided he is feeling better. After that we'll move on to Snipperclips.

Other games - I might play Pushmo, Torment, Pokemon, and others. Maybe. We'll see. My focus will be on Zelda.

I have a fairly busy week, but I'm hoping to pack in as much gaming (and reading) as possible.

Last edited by MagGnome; 03-06-2017 at 08:52 AM.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
Put 37 hours into Path of Exile this weekend and managed to build a small foundation of currency for the rest of the league but I suspect that source of income will dry up once the majority of the population catches up. Still didn't manage to hit the big time, maybe one of these days. It's crazy how one lucky drop on the first day of the league can propel you so far ahead of everyone else.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:59 AM   #5
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Still working my way through Xenoblade Chronicles, still loving it.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:23 AM   #6
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Pretty typical week for me. I'm off Wednesday for a few appointments, but I may be able to squeeze some extra gaming in there. Possibly. Gaming this week:

DanganRonpa AEUDG Still going strong with this one. I just beat the boss of Chapter 3, so I think I'm about half way through the game. Judging by how many antagonists they've shown there's probably 5 or 6 chapters.

Horizon: Zero Dawn I've been just dicking around in the open world, so I'm not very far in the game, but I love what I've played so far.

Final Fantasy XIV More weekly stuff as usual.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #7
pomeroy
wtf

I have a cold and feel terrible. If I feel like playing things, it'll be Zelda and Overwatch.

If I can con my wife into playing more Snipperclips, I'll do that, too.

It's more likely that any spare time I have I'll be wrapped in a blanket watching South Park or The Golden Girls on Hulu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #8
MagGnome
Déjà vu

That's a bummer, Pom. I hope you feel better soon. Chris has a cold as well and he's pretty miserable.

I'm so glad they added The Golden Girls to Hulu. I love that show and rewatching it has been a treat.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #9
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
I've had a cold for over a week. So obnoxious. It's not that bad, though. Just a lot of snot involved in my life.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #10
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
'Snot so bad, if you will.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #11
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

Tales of Berseria and Toukiden Kiwami. I think I'm going to try to get back into Overwatch some too.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #12
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Some more Ghost Recon Blandlands with some Patrons. Then probably some Styx 2

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #13
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Spigot is that you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
Some more Ghost Recon Blandlands with some Patrons. Then probably some Styx 2
Styx 2 is out? I'm hoping you are just playing for review purposes. Although that would mean the game is coming out soon. To many games, so little time...

Edit: Ok, I read it is coming out on March 14th. Well I can make this my "upstairs" game, playing on my other tv.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 03-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #14
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Dammit, Cheapassgamer just posted that Target has Nintendo Switch's in stock. It is the gray one, I really want the other one. I know I can buy additional controllers but i'm not that insane. I have a Target CC, so I can cover the cost for now. Ugh. I have enough to play, I really don't need more even with all the Zelda greatness I am hearing. I was a huge Zelda fan once upon a time, but I haven't liked a Zelda game since Wind Waker. I think i'll hold off for now.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:04 PM   #15
johnperkins21
Colonist

I caved and picked up Horizon Zero Dawn on Saturday night and put in a few hours this weekend. So far I'm absolutely loving it. I had just jumped back into Rise of the Tomb Raider before I picked this up and will probably get back to that eventually, but HZD is just so good.

Hopefully I can actually get through and finish HZD so that I'll be able to go back and finish some of the other games I just started recently. I've put off FFXV until they patch chapter 13 since I'm on chapter 10 right now and figure it makes sense to just wait as it's unlikely I'd go through and play the game a second time.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #16
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Dammit, Cheapassgamer just posted that Target has Nintendo Switch's in stock. It is the gray one, I really want the other one. I know I can buy additional controllers but i'm not that insane. I have a Target CC, so I can cover the cost for now. Ugh. I have enough to play, I really don't need more even with all the Zelda greatness I am hearing. I was a huge Zelda fan once upon a time, but I haven't liked a Zelda game since Wind Waker. I think i'll hold off for now.
Breath of the Wild is basically Wind Waker + Skyrim + Witcher 3.

Does that help?

Seriously, I think you would love it. It is a tough game though! Way harder than Wind Waker was.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #17
johnperkins21
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I'm tempted by the Swtich and Zelda, but there are a ton of other great games right now, and figure I'll just wait until there is at least one other game I'd like to play on it, and I can get it for at least $50 cheaper if I wait until November. However, it would be nice to have for my Hawaii trip in August. That's still a possibility, but I figure they'll at least be somewhat easier to find by then.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #18
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
It works on so many levels! Two!
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #19
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

I want to jump on the Switch, but I have way too much to play as it is. Zelda looks soooooo good, though, but I guess I could always grab it on the Wii U.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #20
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
Breath of the Wild is basically Wind Waker + Skyrim + Witcher 3.

Does that help?

Seriously, I think you would love it. It is a tough game though! Way harder than Wind Waker was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
I want to jump on the Switch, but I have way too much to play as it is. Zelda looks soooooo good, though, but I guess I could always grab it on the Wii U.
Yeah, the reason I want to buy one is for Zelda. I didn't buy a Nintendo64 when that released then I was sorry not to play Mario64. I found one like a week after launch, overpaying for it at some EB that ripped me off. However, Mario64 is still my favorite Mario game