welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 02-27-2017, 07:20 AM   #1
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekDAY gaming (2.27.17)- What are YOU still playing?

Now it is official, the weekEND did go by in a blur. Typically my weekENDs don't go by that fast. I did manage to play a ton of Mafia 3, blew through the capos and they certainly were fun to take down. Loved the variety of them and how they ended. I have two sets of side missions to finish then it is off to face the big villain in the game. I hope to finish the game sometime this week, if work doesn't get in the way.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekEND, its back to work/school which means we ask...

What are YOU still playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:58 AM   #2
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

I'm still exhausted from the weekend. Saturday I took the kids to Busch Gardens. We were there from open to close and they all had a lot of fun. Nine hours at a theme park with four children is draining, though, to say the least. Yesterday was all about all the housework I didn't do on Saturday, so there wasn't a ton of time for gaming and relaxing. This week, though, looks to be great.

Final Fantasy XIV The last bit of story comes in a patch tonight, and if it's anything like the last bit of the 2.55 story leading into Heavansward, it's going to be epic. Like, multiple 40+ minute cutscenes setting up the expansion in June.

Horizon: Zero Dawn I have a feeling this game is going to dominate the entire month of March.

DanganRonpa AE: UDG I can't express enough how much I adore this game. I'm well into Chapter 2 now and it's just great. Wacky, amazing, charming, and wonderful.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #3
jpublic
Threadslayer

Lets see, this weekend I mostly played Nioh and Watch_Dogs 2. Discovered that WD2 has an AMAZING memory issue, that will make it occasionally balloon up to 13GB of memory usage if you run it on the appropriate settings for my hardware. Not cool.

This week, probably just some House of Many Doors (it's interesting, but I'm also finding it a bit tedious) and trying out Chaos Reborn and this Star Trek Horizons mod for Stellaris.

Maybe Horizon: Zero Dawn if I get a chance.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
I'm still exhausted from the weekend. Saturday I took the kids to Busch Gardens. We were there from open to close and they all had a lot of fun. Nine hours at a theme park with four children is draining, though, to say the least. Yesterday was all about all the housework I didn't do on Saturday, so there wasn't a ton of time for gaming and relaxing. This week, though, looks to be great.
I don't know how you do all that housework by yourself and 4 kids. I curse myself about all the mess I make and stuff I have around to do and it's only me! I feel like I live with 3 other people sometimes and I pick up after myself. I feel like I'm never done, I can't imagine what it is like with 4 kids.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 02-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #5
Gorvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I don't know how you do all that housework by yourself and 4 kids. I curse myself about all the mess I make and stuff I have around to do and it's only me! I feel like I live with 3 other people sometimes and I pick up after myself. I feel like I'm never done, I can't imagine what it is like with 4 kids.
The cliche that it's never done fits. There's always, always something else I could do, more cleaning I can do, or something to fix, or things to organize, or any number of other tasks. But I can't kill myself trying to do everything and make it perfect, that would burn me out completely. I just have to prioritize and whatever doesn't get done will always be there the next day.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:13 PM   #6
Spigot
Turn Me

Jpub, I had heard that the PC version had lots of issues back at launch. Too bad you're having issues. It's a super fun game.

I'm going to be spending most of my time this week (and likely month) playing Horizon. That said, tonight I'm hoping to finish The Last Guardian. I put a LOT of time into it yesterday and for a brief, shining moment I thought I was at the end, but nope. Still have a bit more to go but I stopped because my brain couldn't figure out what to do next. Man, that game gets really good once it gets its hooks in you. Definitely something that you need to play at its pace rather than trying to just bash through it.

Also continuing to poke along with Night In The Woods, which had me laughing at some of the lines last night. And my bedtime gaming is still Ace Attorney: Spirit Of Justice.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #7
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Well it really is Monday, alas. Thankfully I'm off all next week, hooray!

I didn't get as much gaming time over the weekend as I would have liked, but that's usually the case. I have a pretty quiet week ahead, so I plan on playing the following:

Pushmo - 1.5 sections to go and then I'm done with the game, I think. I may try to push through it tonight, although I'm going out for drinks so we'll see.

The Journey Down Chapter Two - Chris will be coming over sometime so we can play more of this. The story is ramping up, and I'm curious to see where it goes and what sort of ending it will have to lead into the final chapter.

Pokémon Moon - I wanted to finish this before Zelda, but that's not going to happen after I've mostly ignored the game for the last two weeks. Chris got me the other two starters over the weekend, and his roommate got me all three starters from Ruby/Sapphire, so I made a little progress on the Pokédex at least. I'm going to see if I can at least finish the third island before Friday. But that might be difficult because of...

Torment: Tides of Numenera - After years of waiting, why does this have to come out tomorrow? I've already downloaded the data on Steam, so once it's unlocked I'll be firing it up and at least putting in a few hours to see how it is. Of course I probably won't get too far because of...

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - This along with the Switch should be arriving on my doorstep on Friday. Goodbye everyone!
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #8
biosc1
monoputer

More Unexplored while I wait for tomorrow to come so I can play Horizons.

Unexplored is neat. I was doing really well until I met a spiky centipede and had to resort to a unindentified wand which...as it turns out...was a Wand of Fiery Doom. Lots of fiery doom. Good news, I killed the centipede. Bad news, it killed me as well...in a fiery doom sort of fashion
biosc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #9
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
So, am I just being immature, or is it problematic that this chart for corporate execs has "No Blue Juice" abbreviated?
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #10
jpublic
Threadslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
So, am I just being immature, or is it problematic that this chart for corporate execs has "No Blue Juice" abbreviated?
If it's what I suspect, no, you're not being immature, that's inappropriate.

We may need context, however.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #11
Spigot
Turn Me

Oh yeah. I backed Torment but haven't seen anything about a download code. Hmm.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #12
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
Oh yeah. I backed Torment but haven't seen anything about a download code. Hmm.
You should have gotten an email ages ago. You go to their website, log in to the backer section (or create an account if you don't have one), and look under rewards. You can choose a Steam or GOG key.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #13
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Ok, I'm really dumb. What is blue juice? Or is it saying No with the initials which I am now possibly getting?

Old 02-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #14
Gorvi

The only thing I can think of is Blue Juice is BJ when abbreviated, so is NBJ a think? No Blow Job? I'm lost.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:08 PM   #15
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
The only thing I can think of is Blue Juice is BJ when abbreviated, so is NBJ a think? No Blow Job? I'm lost.
Ok, that's what I was thinking after rereading it.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #16
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Blue juice is an informal term for a DNA stabilizing solution.

On the chart it's abbreviated as "No BJ".
Old 02-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #17
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Blue juice is an informal term for a DNA stabilizing solution.

On the chart it's abbreviated as "No BJ".
That's some journey to be clever. Yeah, I'm with the inappropriate crowd. Ask an HR person, their brows would raise big time and want to have some conversations with the writer(s) of said abbreviation.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #18
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Y'all are perverts. That's the answer.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #19
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
You should have gotten an email ages ago. You go to their website, log in to the backer section (or create an account if you don't have one), and look under rewards. You can choose a Steam or GOG key.
Yeah. I've tried to not read very much aside from the one announcement about the release date (which I also forgot!) so I was just waiting for something saying, "HEY BACKERS! GO GET YER CODES!"

There was one that kind of said that, but it was kind of low-key when I did find it...

Suffice it to say, it's a-loadin' now.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:05 PM   #20
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
That's some journey to be clever. Yeah, I'm with the inappropriate crowd. Ask an HR person, their brows would raise big time and want to have some conversations with the writer(s) of said abbreviation.
I really don't think anybody was trying to be clever. We have very little room to work with and all of the labels are very abbreviated. I just wonder if it's worth actually having the conversation with somebody and the unfortunate coincidence.