welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 02-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekEND Gaming(2.24.17)- What are YOU playing?

Talk about a mixed bag for a week. I spent most of it processing the loss of my grandmother. I came back yesterday for my first full day, which was the usual chaos. In summary I was told I was "wrong" on what advocacy means while in session someone stated I was an asshole and I should go fuck myself. At least in the session that line of discussion was actually positive unlike the care manager who was attempting to tell me how to do family therapy. However, I did play quite a bit of Mafia 3, the continued killing of mob soldiers has not grown old yet. Nothing can be quite GTA for me, but this game certainly has scratched that GTA itch I feel now and then.

More Mafia 3 for me this weekEND, I want to see if I can manage to get back to Persona 4 as well. Possibly some Hercules on my laptop as I watch my never ending of stuff to watch from my DVR.

Go forth my fellow weekENDers...

What are YOU playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
I keep getting distractions from my XCOM. Did stay up late to finish off one mission though. Going to dinner with friends this weekend. Hoping for some Jackbox party pack.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Sorry to hear about your grandma Purps!

Xenoblade Chronicles, fixing my pc (hopefully) and then some Subnautica are what I would like to spend my weekend with. I may also have a date(ish) sorta thing, should be fun if I can come up wih something for us to do.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #4
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Just another weekend, probably taking the kids by the zoo and doing some house work. Exciting! Gaming will be:

DanganRonpa: Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls I'm really starting to get into this now. The game just oozes style and charm, I love it. For a game about children murdering adults with robot bears it's refreshingly lighthearted.

Final Fantasy XIV Probably just weekly stuff.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #5
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Had some time to kill before work so I went to a gamestop and picked up XCX. The staff there were as pushy and annoying as ever, but the game was going for $5 cheaper than I have seen anywhere else. Reminded me of why I only go during their big sales when you buy 2 and get one free.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #6
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Al Capone View Post
Had some time to kill before work so I went to a gamestop and picked up XCX. The staff there were as pushy and annoying as ever, but the game was going for $5 cheaper than I have seen anywhere else. Reminded me of why I only go during their big sales when you buy 2 and get one free.
I've been lucky, the Gamestop nearest to my home, they are really laid back about pushing what they are told to push. I get asked the usual couple of questions but otherwise they just say "ok" and move on. Similar with other Gamestop in my area further away, no crazy selling antics. Maybe the workers are so depressed living in NJ, they can't muster the hard sell. Compare to when I made trips to Gamestop when I worked in Philadelphia, holy crow, did I ever get the hard sell.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 02-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #7
Spigot
Turn Me

Probably spending the weekend playing Night In The Woods, Ace Attorney & maybe some more Witcher 2 or Steamworld Heist. Otherwise I'm just going to take it easy.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
rein
Colonist

Not much for me this weekend. Maybe some more FFXV. I should probably go ahead and beat the final boss.

One thing the Switch launch managed to make me do is resub to Gamefly. I am sure there are going to be several games I want to try before I buy on the system. I'm getting more concerned than excited as more news comes out closer to launch but I am in on the preorder no matter what at this point.
rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:06 PM   #9
jpublic
Threadslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Al Capone View Post
The EB stores in town aren't particularly pushy, but I just find them so damnably depressing because half the store is devoted to Funko Pop figs now.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #10
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by rein View Post
One thing the Switch launch managed to make me do is resub to Gamefly. I am sure there are going to be several games I want to try before I buy on the system. I'm getting more concerned than excited as more news comes out closer to launch but I am in on the preorder no matter what at this point.
What are your concerns? I was reading the Switch news thread, some stuff talked about the reviews for the machine. It didn't seem anything awful. Of course I'm not buying one right now. If I was flush with cash, I would. I've done that with all previous console launches, get by with one or two games then wait for more to come. I'm hoping to find one near the Xmas holidays maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
The EB stores in town aren't particularly pushy, but I just find them so damnably depressing because half the store is devoted to Funko Pop figs now.
Gamestop here seems to be more "other stuff" besides games too. I was in one Gamestop in Pa. when I was away, the store was filled with geek stuff every inch the store could allow. It seemed to be more of a boutique for geek stuff then video games.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #11
pomeroy
wtf

Yeah but Snipperclips is a confirmed launch title now! It's not all bad news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #12
rein
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
What are your concerns? I was reading the Switch news thread, some stuff talked about the reviews for the machine. It didn't seem anything awful. Of course I'm not buying one right now. If I was flush with cash, I would. I've done that with all previous console launches, get by with one or two games then wait for more to come. I'm hoping to find one near the Xmas holidays maybe.
My biggest concern is the controller issues. Also, no word on VC or online details but those are less concerning to me than the controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
Yeah but Snipperclips is a confirmed launch title now! It's not all bad news!
Oh yes. I am very happy about this one. This is my most anticipated game for the console. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I can't wait to play it though and I think this is one of the games that will be a blast to play with Tay & Hai.
rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #13
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I've been lucky, the Gamestop nearest to my home, they are really laid back about pushing what they are told to push. I get asked the usual couple of questions but otherwise they just say "ok" and move on. Similar with other Gamestop in my area further away, no crazy selling antics. Maybe the workers are so depressed living in NJ, they can't muster the hard sell. Compare to when I made trips to Gamestop when I worked in Philadelphia, holy crow, did I ever get the hard sell.
This is definitely not the worst I have experienced, but it was bad. One guy was following me around the store and constantly talking while I was perusing. I felt bad for him, he was a nice guy, I know how much pressure they are under and you could feel the cringe from this dude having to push every preorder and promotion to everyone who came in. The manager on the other hand was just kinda rude about me not having their card or wanting one, and not preordering. I didn't feel as much for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
I am more impressed by you still having EBs. EB was the shib before gs bought them out!

This particular GS is pretty big. The games are all on the walls and the floor is all pop culture stuff, 90% of which is POP figures.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #14
Gorvi

Aren't EBs still a thing only in Canada for some reason?

I haven't had a bad experience in a GameStop in a while. Usually I just get asked half heatedly if I want a protection plan on the game I'm buying and that's about it. Granted, I don't buy games in there often, but they have some good sales from time to time.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #15
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
Turns out the generic brand contact solution I bought yesterday is 3% hydrogen peroxide and is not intended to come into direct contact with your eye. A questionable design choice for contact solution in my opinion, but no one asked me. So I managed to start the day by essentially pouring hydrogen peroxide in my right eye.

Let me tell you, don't do that. It doesn't feel great. It doesn't look great.

Assuming I can still see tonight I intend to play some more ESO.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #16
Gorvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Turns out the generic brand contact solution I bought yesterday is 3% hydrogen peroxide and is not intended to come into direct contact with your eye. A questionable design choice for contact solution in my opinion, but no one asked me. So I managed to start the day by essentially pouring hydrogen peroxide in my right eye.

Oh, I've made that mistake. They put that garbage right next to the other stuff, but it's marked as storage only in some tiny lettering somewhere on the package. I guess they expect you to buy a second bottle of solution to rinse your contacts off in between when you take them out of storage and when you put them in your eye.......
Old 02-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #17
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post

This is awful. May I never make the same mistake.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #18
jpublic
Threadslayer

Yeah, 20 or so years ago when I used to wear contacts you'd have a dual solution system. One was for cleaning and long term storage, the other was a neutralization and rinse solution. Mixing them up was bad.

And yes, Gorvi is right, in Canada they only have the EB brand. When GS bought EB they kept the EB brand alive up here.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #19
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

I'm glad I don't wear contact lenses anymore

Old 02-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #20
Ravenlock
Thx for the scarf, Sadie!

Unexplored! It is really good and it is cheap on Steam and if you like Roguelikes/Roguelites and are okay with it being a realtime game you should take a look!

Also For Honor maybe? I dunno.
Listen to me rant on the Immortal Machines PC Gaming Podcast!
I also run Erratic Gamer, and sometimes write about games there.
Ravenlock is offline   Reply With Quote