welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 02-17-2017, 03:20 AM   #1
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekEND gaming (2.17.17)- What are YOU playing?

After a somewhat normal week at work, okay as normal as a week goes in behavioral health, I don't feel the need to lay on my sofa for three days recovering mentally from my week. I actually left work at more normal hours allowing me some gaming time this week. Mafia 3 has been amazing, easily bringing me back from the gaming dead. I wanted to play more last night but after 5 hrs almost non-interrupted individual and family sessions, my brain was fried. Looking forward to the long weekEND, so I can finish lifting carpet in my house and lots of Mafia 3.

Welcome to your weekEND...

What are YOU playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:43 AM   #2
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Feeling more in control of things in XCOM. Doing some big story mission now.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:30 AM   #3
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Haven't done much gaming this week, and it sounds like this weekend should be busy as well. When I do get time I want to play some Subnautica, Xenoblade Chronicles and Gravity Rush.
Young Al Capone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #4
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Nothing big going on this weekend. I'm probably going to take the older two to go see Lego Batman, so that should be good. Gaming:

DanganRonpa Another Episode Ultra Despair Girls Shooting robot bears with electromagnetic hacks. Pretty typical.

Gravity Rush 2 I haven't played in a week, I really need to get back to this.

Final Fantasy XIV Weekly stuff.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:23 AM   #5
MagGnome
Déjà vu

YAC, you better spend a lot of time with Subnautica.

I spent most of my gaming time this week playing Pushmo. Such a fun little puzzler. Last night Chris and I saw The Red Turtle, which was great. I highly recommend it to fellow animation fans.

I have a fairly quiet weekend ahead, with tomorrow night's chili cookoff being the only thing on my calendar. That leaves plenty of time for gaming:

Pushmo - I have two and a half sets of puzzles left, so I should be able to finish the game this weekend. I'm really glad I picked this back up as it's quite charming and a joy to play.

Pokémon Moon - I've neglected this for a week now, but I'll get back to it this weekend. I'm a little ways into the third island. I want to wrap this up before Zelda hits in two weeks(!!!), so I need to hop to it.

The Journey Down Chapter Two - Chris and I should be able to start this tomorrow or Sunday. If it's as short as the first chapter we'll also likely finish it. We had a lot of fun playing the first part together, so I'm looking forward to this.

Mobile - Every day I spend a few minutes playing Pokémon Go and Fire Emblem Heroes, so that will continue.

I may dive into something else as well if the mood strikes me. I bought an Ethernet cable to hardwire my Steam Link, so I'll be getting that hooked up to see how much performance improves. That may motivate me to start up another PC game. I'd like to finally clear a lot of the smaller "must plays" from my backlog, such as Cave Story, which would be perfect for the Link.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

My new GPU should be arriving at some point this afternoon, so I'll be spending the day playing small increments of all my favorite games of the past year to see how much better they look and play. The Witcher 3, DOOM, Just Cause 3, Far Cry: Primal and Battlefield 1 all come to mind.
Personal attacks start when the other person isn't living up to my expectations of them.
Wackman3000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #7
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Another week down at the teaching job. Not too many more of these before I'm done, then I take a couple weeks to tie up my loose ends in Japan and hop on a plane. Not heading immediately back to Canada though, have a detour along the way. You know how cheap it is to fly to southeast Asia when you're already there? Pretty Damn cheap.

My phone has just not been cutting it as a music player, so I picked up one of Sony's newer walkmans. It's pretty goddamn good, sounds great, has Bluetooth and a battery that goes for 40+ hours of play.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #8
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
YAC, you better spend a lot of time with Subnautica.
I planned to anyway, but now I feel sorta obligated...

Quote:
I may dive into something else as well if the mood strikes me.
Not Subnautica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav Slinker View Post
Another week down at the teaching job. Not too many more of these before I'm done, then I take a couple weeks to tie up my loose ends in Japan and hop on a plane. Not heading immediately back to Canada though, have a detour along the way. You know how cheap it is to fly to southeast Asia when you're already there? Pretty Damn cheap.
Where to?
Young Al Capone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #9
LarsenNET
Koi are awesome

Didn't get a chance to play much but when I do it is Darksiders II. Still in the City of the dead. First concert of the year is tonight, going to see Tesla, 6 more scheduled through summer.
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #10
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:

My phone has just not been cutting it as a music player, so I picked up one of Sony's newer walkmans. It's pretty goddamn good, sounds great, has Bluetooth and a battery that goes for 40+ hours of play.
You should just travel across the U.S. after your southeast Asia tour. There are plenty of CoG sofas you can land on I'm sure.

They still make Walkmans? Wow.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 02-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #11
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Quote:
Not heading immediately back to Canada though, have a detour along the way. You know how cheap it is to fly to southeast Asia when you're already there? Pretty Damn cheap.
A friend of mine has spent the last few months traveling through SE Asia. I believe she is currently in Vietnam. She's having a great time. I hate her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Al Capone View Post
Not Subnautica.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #12
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Not Subnautica.
Awwww SNAP!

Or maybe..

Awwwww SPLASH!

Got a long weekend this week (yay). Even better, my son is going to a winter Scout camp until Monday, so even bigger yay!

Game-wise, not sure what I'll be playing outside of Ace Attorney, maybe some Hitman and Hidden Folks.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #13
maharahaj
Humanity is the Devil

Send a message via AIM to maharahaj
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and probably a new 3DS game for me this weekend. I'm thinking Luigi's Mansion or maybe start up Mario Kart 8.
maharahaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #14
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Quote:
Where to?
Hi~mi~tsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
You should just travel across the U.S. after your southeast Asia tour. There are plenty of CoG sofas you can land on I'm sure.

They still make Walkmans? Wow.
I was considering driving route 66 sometime in the next few years.

They didn't make walkmans for a while, but they're started again in the last few years. Of course they don't play CDs anymore, it's alot like an iPod bit with more file format support and no proprietary software needed to add media. So it's much much better.

Quote:
A friend of mine has spent the last few months traveling through SE Asia. I believe she is currently in Vietnam. She's having a great time. I hate her.
Well I don't want you to hate me but I do want to do things that make people jealous, sooooo

Old 02-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #15
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I'm already jealous of your incredible lifestyle.

I've spent most of the evening drinking beer and dinking around on the computer. It's been great.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #16
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Quote:
I'm already jealous of your incredible lifestyle.

I've spent most of the evening drinking beer and dinking around on the computer. It's been great.
Today I tidied the apartment and had microwaved crackers and cheese for lunch.

Yeah, living the life of Riley over here.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:26 PM   #17
Spigot
Turn Me

Played a bit of 7 Great Steps tonight (it's interesting but really, ungodly slow...) and then played through Bucket Detective. Got 3 of the endings (and a few variations of those) and listened to a bunch of the developer commentary. It's pretty messed up, but also kind of funny in its own messed up way. The commentary is pretty neat as far as how the game was made and why certain things were done the way they are. I'll probably listen to the rest tomorrow and try to find the last two endings.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:21 AM   #18
Purple Santa
Al Capone's father

Quote:

Life of Riley? I haven't heard anyone use that expression in years. Mostly my family I've heard use it, but I didn't think anyone under 40 (or maybe 50) would identify with that phrase. Before you look it up, do you know where the phrase is from?

Old 02-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #19
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Life of Riley? I haven't heard anyone use that expression in years. Mostly my family I've heard use it, but I didn't think anyone under 40 (or maybe 50) would identify with that phrase. Before you look it up, do you know where the phrase is from?
Yeah, old radio show called "The life of Riley," dude had a nice house and loving family. A lovable curmudgeon. Used to listen to the reruns when I was a kid.

"It is I. Digby O'Dell! The friendly undertaker."

Last edited by Dav Slinker; 02-18-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #20
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Quote:

Whoa, slow down there man.

I started the morning reading a political discussion on Facebook. I ended up slamming my head into my desk so many times that I think I have permanent dain brammage.