welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 03-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #821
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
New hero is great but they're beefing Bastion and that's wonderful.
Wow, some pretty big changes to him. Just read that they'll probably have to tone him down a bit, though.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:04 PM   #822
pomeroy
wtf

Heh. I meant to say nerfing, but my phone autocorrected to beefing.

I'm very glad they're nerfing him because he is a bunch of crap since the buff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
You're crappy pizza.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:15 PM   #823
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Heh. I meant to say nerfing, but my phone autocorrected to beefing.

I'm very glad they're nerfing him because he is a bunch of crap since the buff.
Oh. Heh. How long has that buff been in place?
Old 03-02-2017, 04:36 PM   #824
pomeroy
wtf

Quote:
Oh. Heh. How long has that buff been in place?

Just since...Tuesday? I dunno. I did a couple placement matches for competitive and it's just impossible to kill Bastion right now. He self heals through everything, takes like 35% less damage all the time. If he's got a healer supporting him he is damn near impossible to kill.
Quote:
You're crappy pizza.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #825
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Just since...Tuesday? I dunno. I did a couple placement matches for competitive and it's just impossible to kill Bastion right now. He self heals through everything, takes like 35% less damage all the time. If he's got a healer supporting him he is damn near impossible to kill.
Oh, ok. I thought it must have been super recent. I haven't played with him.

I'd like to.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #826
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
I've yet to pick Bastion since the launch, but the recent buffs have me almost considering it. I'm glad they're toning him down but I think the introduction of another shield in the form of Orisa is going to make him even more common.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #827
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Bastion has been a pile of poop as of late. I probably should get my multi-config kill trophy now. ^_^

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
the original Game Boy was the size of a VCR -pronounconnoun
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #828
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Looks like a new event, Overwatch: Insurrection starts tomorrow. It's based on the Uprising comic last week that shows the Omnic attack on King's Row. The leaked video is in French but I expect an English version tomorrow around patch time.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #829
pomeroy
wtf

That looks pretty fun. Maybe it'll drag me back to the game. I'm definitely not playing it like I used to.
Quote:
You're crappy pizza.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #830
biosc1
monoputer

Quote:
That looks pretty fun. Maybe it'll drag me back to the game. I'm definitely not playing it like I used to.
Don't worry, servers are down right now :/
biosc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:24 PM   #831
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

English video is up. It's Overwatch: Uprising rather than Insurrection. More background and detailed looks at some of the new loot is also shown on their website.

I guess I'm playing Overwatch tonight.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #832
Ink Asylum
The cavalry's here!

I'm really enjoying the new Uprising PvE event. It's more interesting and less frustrating than Junkenstein's Revenge. Let's get a group together to take on the tougher difficulties!
Old 04-14-2017, 09:05 AM   #833
Exodus
Vampire Robot Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Asylum View Post
I'm really enjoying the new Uprising PvE event. It's more interesting and less frustrating than Junkenstein's Revenge. Let's get a group together to take on the tougher difficulties!
really? seemed like it's just a boring medley of all the match modes + horde mode.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:20 AM   #834
Ink Asylum
The cavalry's here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
really? seemed like it's just a boring medley of all the match modes + horde mode.
It's fun to just be able to let loose on a mindless horde of robots, especially as Reinhardt. The higher difficulties also present a challenge, especially the last push to get past the OR-14s and Bastions. Also unlike the Junkenstein mode there's an alternate version where you can pick any characters. It's fun to experiment with different combinations and do things that wouldn't work as well against human players.

Horde mode isn't for everyone but I've always loved these kinds of challenges. In PvP I sometimes get frustrated when my opponents are sometimes just much better than me. In PvE mode the challenge remains the same and it's about coordinating, learning, trying new strategies, and overcoming a set obstacle.

Last edited by Ink Asylum; 04-14-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Ink Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:27 AM   #835
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

This event sounds really cool, I want to give it a shot this weekend.

I mostly just play from time to time with friends these days but I still quite enjoy the game when I do play.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #836
Ink Asylum
The cavalry's here!

I have a big weekend of spring cleaning to do, but I'll be around later tonight to play on PC if anyone wants to play.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:42 AM   #837
Exodus
Vampire Robot Dragon

Quote:
It's fun to just be able to let loose on a mindless horde of robots, especially as Reinhardt. The higher difficulties also present a challenge, especially the last push to get past the OR-14s and Bastions. Also unlike the Junkenstein mode there's an alternate version where you can pick any characters. It's fun to experiment with different combinations and do things that wouldn't work as well against human players.

Horde mode isn't for everyone but I've always loved these kinds of challenges. In PvP I sometimes get frustrated when my opponents are sometimes just much better than me. In PvE mode the challenge remains the same and it's about coordinating, learning, trying new strategies, and overcoming a set obstacle.
I like horde mode but I liked halloween better. Probably because the hero selection isn't my preference. Don't get me wrong I mercy and tracer all the time but that's against players. Comp stomp they are far from my pick of the litter.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #838
Ink Asylum
The cavalry's here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
I like horde mode but I liked halloween better. Probably because the hero selection isn't my preference. Don't get me wrong I mercy and tracer all the time but that's against players. Comp stomp they are far from my pick of the litter.
Interesting. I'm kind of the opposite. I find that going up against AI lets me play these characters, which are all ones I use often, in different ways. As Tracer I spend less time harassing and more time zipping in for kills. As Reinhardt while the shield is important at points you have a lot more freedom to swing the hammer. Torbjorn and Mercy can be more aggressive than usual.

Unlock-wise, after dropping $20 I have Genji, Widowmaker, and Mercy's skins and a good sampling of the emotes/highlights. Really want that Tracer one before the event's end, and hoping I won't need to drop 3k credits to get it.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #839
Exodus
Vampire Robot Dragon

Quote:
Interesting. I'm kind of the opposite. I find that going up against AI lets me play these characters, which are all ones I use often, in different ways. As Tracer I spend less time harassing and more time zipping in for kills. As Reinhardt while the shield is important at points you have a lot more freedom to swing the hammer. Torbjorn and Mercy can be more aggressive than usual.

Unlock-wise, after dropping $20 I have Genji, Widowmaker, and Mercy's skins and a good sampling of the emotes/highlights. Really want that Tracer one before the event's end, and hoping I won't need to drop 3k credits to get it.
I just find killing players with tracer more enjoyable. Against bots it's no longer the joy of playing tracer mind games. Reinhardt's not my jam and healing as a mercy in a horde mode just makes me think I'd rather afk lucio instead.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #840
Ink Asylum
The cavalry's here!

I'm of a similar mind with Mike from Penny-Arcade:

Quote:
I have to say that the new Overwatch mode Uprising is the most fun I have ever had with the game. Kara called it last night when she said is was basically a Destiny Strike but in Overwatch (and with 4 players yay!) . She is absolutely right and the reality is that I wish I could throw myself into a playlist of Uprising style encounters in OW just like I can enter the Strike playlist in Destiny. I enjoy PvP but Uprising is actually the game I want out of Overwatch.

These characters they’ve designed are amazing. It’s like each one of them is a beautiful sports car and until now we’ve only been able to play destruction derby with them. Uprising is like a brilliantly designed racetrack that really lets you see what these heroes can do. I have never felt more like Reinhardt than when I’m playing him in Uprising. Same with Tracer and all the others. To me it feels like this is how these characters were meant to be played.

It’s sad knowing that this is more of a novelty right now. It will only be around for a couple weeks and then it’s gone. Maybe they are just testing the waters. Maybe they want to know how fans react to a mode like this before they invest serious resources in it. I hope that’s the case and I hope that Blizzard decides to go all in on the concept. Uprising doesn’t feel like a fun diversion to me. It feels like a natural and integral part of the game that it has always been missing. Overwatch feels more complete now and losing it come May is going to hurt.
I would love to see a bigger Overwatch PvE mode evolve out of these experiments they've been toying with. It'd obviously need more variety but having played a ton of Mass Effect 3's co-op mode I can see something similar working in Overwatch.