welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 04-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #141
Mashidar
<3 for Dal Dal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofSeth View Post
No, it's just that it can't get much more noob than me.

I played LoL to level 6 or 7, mostly vs AI and that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge. I got bored with that very fast but this just feels more fun, I can't really say why.
You know the thing I found with LoL is that the bots were always way to easy and if you had one player that knew how to play and the others didn't, they could still carry the whole team very easy and not make it as fun.

Against other Human players though it's the unknown of how they act and when they do something dumb you can punish them for it.

Same with DOTA 2 though, and really I'm the dumb one in that title as I have yet to find my role with the game.
Mashidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #142
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofSeth View Post
No, it's just that it can't get much more noob than me.

I played LoL to level 6 or 7, mostly vs AI and that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge. I got bored with that very fast but this just feels more fun, I can't really say why.
Raises hand.

(I've played one half hour game in my life.)
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #143
SonofSeth
Seeker

I hear you Keck.

Anyone else has the issue where the game keeps messing up my cursor, it happens in the game, but persists when I exit. The cursor looks like it broke into tiny pieces and then tried to put itself back together but with parts missing or fragmented all around it.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #144
Iron Past
Clem - shhh.

Don't know how it is in DoTa 2, but I get so sick and tired of everyone thinking you NEED to play a certain way in LoL. Drives me batty. Guys are pitching a fit because we have no jungler in this game, I think we'll be fine.

Edit: What I thought, other team surrendered in less than half an hour. *sigh* Just cause they see it on some stream doesn't mean it's the only way...

Last edited by Iron Past; 04-13-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Iron Past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #145
Clark
I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Past View Post
Don't know how it is in DoTa 2, but I get so sick and tired of everyone thinking you NEED to play a certain way in LoL. Drives me batty. Guys are pitching a fit because we have no jungler in this game, I think we'll be fine.
Happens in DOTA as well. I hate it.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #146
torrefaction
Returning video tapes.

I got in. It's missing something that League has, but I can't easily identify it. I think it's character. League also seems a little more frenetic, whereas Dota 2 has a little more of a glacial pace. I like the look of it, and some of the ultimates look incredible (Death Ghost or whatever...)

I'm just not sure how I feel about it...I've been putting a LOT of time into League lately.
torrefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #147
SilentScreams
Double Rainbow?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Past View Post

Edit: What I thought, other team surrendered in less than half an hour. *sigh* Just cause they see it on some stream doesn't mean it's the only way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark View Post
Happens in DOTA as well. I hate it.
Yep. Common as hell in both. I used to love playing Shaco in LoL until he was made into a jungler and nothing else. He's still deadly on a lane, but if you try to lane with him you'll never hear the end of it. Thank fuck for the mute all command! I get a lot of shit for playing Karma as a nuker too, even though she's awesome when played right.
SilentScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:48 AM   #148
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrefaction View Post
It's missing something that League has, but I can't easily identify it.
There is a reason you can't easily identify it.

Last edited by RandoM51; 04-14-2012 at 04:53 AM.
RandoM51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #149
Lint of Death
Dustbunny of Doom

RandoM, perhaps you should consider changing your signature?
Lint of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #150
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint of Death View Post
RandoM, perhaps you should consider changing your signature?
Good idea. Since I have signatures disabled I didn't notice my own was out of date.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #151
Clark
I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScreams View Post
Yep. Common as hell in both. I used to love playing Shaco in LoL until he was made into a jungler and nothing else. He's still deadly on a lane, but if you try to lane with him you'll never hear the end of it. Thank fuck for the mute all command! I get a lot of shit for playing Karma as a nuker too, even though she's awesome when played right.
The mentality in these games interests me. I don't get why in THESE games in particular the community is just DEAD SET that you play certain heroes, certain ways, with certain items. How did this start? It has its own language.

I've read on forums that people get yelled at and "GG" is often heard when the Sniper hero is picked for example. God forbid someone wants to try him out.

Ugh.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #152
Libuke
Elephant Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark View Post
The mentality in these games interests me. I don't get why in THESE games in particular the community is just DEAD SET that you play certain heroes, certain ways, with certain items. How did this start? It has its own language.

I've read on forums that people get yelled at and "GG" is often heard when the Sniper hero is picked for example. God forbid someone wants to try him out.

Ugh.
The community does suck in these games. They see someone good (e.g. a pro player) play it a certain way so assume it is the only way that it can be done.

Not much you can do about it really.

As for sniper he is good with farm but if the team doesn't play to let him get farm, warding, stacking and letting him farm in a lane, he often will not do well. People hate playing to help out the team though which is a problem.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #153
Lint of Death
Dustbunny of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libuke View Post
The community does suck in these games. They see someone good (e.g. a pro player) play it a certain way so assume it is the only way that it can be done.

Not much you can do about it really.

As for sniper he is good with farm but if the team doesn't play to let him get farm, warding, stacking and letting him farm in a lane, he often will not do well. People hate playing to help out the team though which is a problem.
That's pretty much it. Everybody in LoL bans Rammus even though almost nobody plays Rammus, and it's probably because they saw a pro or two be really effective. And then they get furious to the point of threatening to throw the game (or just quitting during matchmaking) if you don't - even if the other team still doesn't pick Rammus! It's absurd.

There are definitely good people out there in LoL, and I think moreso there than elsewhere thanks to the Tribunal. I did some solo-queuing today and actually played with/against a lot of nice people. For my part I do my best to compliment my teammates when they're doing well, try to communicate game info frequently, and admit my own mistakes when warranted.
Lint of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #154
OrangePulp
Orangeagami

The reason why that sort of mentality exists, I think, is because your performance depends at least in part on your team's performance. So when they see someone trying a hero that is, in some cases, sub-optimal, it can be dismaying. Not to say you can't do well with any hero, and the dynamics of (for lack of a better word) lower level play are fairly different from higher level play. Still, when experimentation fails, 4 other people also suffer for it, so you can see why people would want to stick with the status quo.

Last edited by OrangePulp; 04-15-2012 at 10:26 PM.
OrangePulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #155
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Dwarven Sniper is actually pretty good, played properly.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #156
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

I got two copies to give away today. Anybody need them?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #157
Iron Past
Clem - shhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
I got two copies to give away today. Anybody need them?
Please! If you still have one.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #158
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

One down, one to go.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #159
Clark
I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangePulp View Post
The reason why that sort of mentality exists, I think, is because your performance depends at least in part on your team's performance. So when they see someone trying a hero that is, in some cases, sub-optimal, it can be dismaying. Not to say you can't do well with any hero, and the dynamics of (for lack of a better word) lower level play are fairly different from higher level play. Still, when experimentation fails, 4 other people also suffer for it, so you can see why people would want to stick with the status quo.
While I get this mentality, is that really why we game? To win? I love winning as much as the next guy, but I want to have fun first and foremost. If that means trying out a character that interests me, I should be able to do so without getting yelled at.

I get it if someone is just playing like an idiot and feeding the other team. That would bug me for sure. But someone trying a new character or build would not.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #160
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

I might lose at a video game.

#firstworldproblems