welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #121
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Is Duluth a place where to have fun? I only know of it due to the place/center where modern Domestic Violence theory was created and still used.
It's about as fun as your second sentence describes. I grew up a few hours west of Duluth in Thief River Falls, a tiny town whose people beheld Duluth as a mystical land of fun and joy. However, when I finally drove through it as a more widely traveled adult, I couldn't help but think "What the hell is this shit?" Nice bridge, though.

Church service and lunch done! The best part was watching a 3 year old hunt easter eggs with a Halloween skull bucket. Now time to get to that homework I've put off all weekend...
Current Projects
Reverant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #122
Bad Buddha
Windburnt wildman

Quote:
Is Duluth a place where to have fun?
My father was born in Duluth. I'm assuming that it's a center of bad-assery.

Been playing Skyrim again. I've been making a point of clearing out my quest back-log. I took a look in my journal and every other entry said "Return to So-And-So". So I did. Got my smithing up to 100 but lots of other skillz are lagging behind.

Fired up Tiger Woods PGA 2012 and did surprisingly well. I have a tendency to return to golf games because my first PC game was Mean 18 in 8-color DOS. A friend of mine who dallied with the idea of going Pro has had quite a great amateur career. His and his wife took a trip to Great Britain to visit her family and he had the opportunity to play at St. Andrews. Lucky Bastard!

Also been spending some time with Age of Empires Online. Playing it as a Single-Player game. I don't have much luck with RTS games in a MP venue.

Reading a fascinating book called "The Great Influenza"; About the Influenza pandemic of 1918. The first couple hundred pages are about the pathetic state of the medical field in the late-1800's and the early-1900's and the conditions imposed on the US public and military by preparation to enter WW1. It's like all of the warning signs were there, some doctors cried out, but no one listened. It ended up killing more people in ONE YEAR than the Black Plague killed in one century!

Cooking up a big-ass ham for Easter Dinner. Nom!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #123
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

To be fair, I think there were a lot less people back then to kill!
Current Projects
Old 04-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #124
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
It's about as fun as your second sentence describes. I grew up a few hours west of Duluth in Thief River Falls, a tiny town whose people beheld Duluth as a mystical land of fun and joy. However, when I finally drove through it as a more widely traveled adult, I couldn't help but think "What the hell is this shit?" Nice bridge, though.
Oh for crying out loud. You make the fun man!. Sitting around expecting things to just happen isn't the road to enjoyment

Doesn't matter what shitty ass city you live in. I live in Fucking Eugene hippy town, unwashed masses Oregon. And I have a ball.

Start a fire or something. Watching things burn is always somewhat fun.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #125
EternalGamer
Colonist

Apparently the world percieves me as an evil dictator.

In a matter of five turns, I managed to get German, the United States, China, and the Aztecs all declaring war on me.
EternalGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #126
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post

Start a fire or something. Watching things burn is always somewhat fun.
Fires huh? I wondered where you been.

I finished Asura's Wrath. Fun game. Although I don't love the "play more to see the real ending" BS. Thanks but no thanks. I'll go find it on Youtube. Still, any fan of JRPGs should give it a rent or buy it cheap. It's not a RPG but the story is as loopy as a decent JRPG. I'd say a good cleansing of the game palate. Not sure what i'm playing next.

Edit: I just watched the "secret episode". What a bunch of BS. I guess if .hack// were released now this is how it would be released. To be continued DLC.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec

Last edited by Purple Santa; 04-08-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #127
Spigot
Turn Me

You finished it for real?

I still need to beat the last boss but I'm playing on hard and it wipes the floor with me. Glad you liked it though!

Time to pack up an start the trek home. Looking forward to playing done Xenoblade later tonight.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #128
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Fires huh? I wondered where you been.

Yep. Did the DND friday, boardgames yesterday and today I am working on 10.09 Fruityloops. They made some changes that is bugging my Dragon Remixes for my Skyrim mod. After that we will walk the new puppy and I will be hitting the hay early. Maybe 1am

Old 04-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #129
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Yep. Did the DND friday, boardgames yesterday and today I am working on 10.09 Fruityloops. They made some changes that is bugging my Dragon Remixes for my Skyrim mod. After that we will walk the new puppy and I will be hitting the hay early. Maybe 1am
That is early. I can't remember the last time I was in bed before 2. And even those days, I stay up reading until at least 4 or 5.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), Skyrim (PC)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #130
MagGnome

Quote:
Is Duluth a place where to have fun? I only know of it due to the place/center where modern Domestic Violence theory was created and still used.
Duluth can be a fun town. There's quite a bit to do up there, especially if you like the outdoors. Gooseberry Falls and Splitrock Lighthouse are both neat, as is Lake Superior. I'm going with friends to Fitgers, a brewpub/inn. We are going to eat and drink at the brewpub and then crash in the inn. Brunch the following morning and then back to Minneapolis. It will be fun!

For some reason I find it amusing that Reverant grew up in Thief River Falls. I've heard of that place!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #131
MagGnome

I'm tired. I helped some friends with yard work today, and now I need to eat dinner and do a bunch of homework, but I just want to lie down.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #132
Xydarc
Time to rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
Square-Enix's self-prostitution is approaching EA and Activision's level. What the hell happened to this company?
It's just as you said, bitch. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Xydarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #133
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
For some reason I find it amusing that Reverant grew up in Thief River Falls. I've heard of that place!
Gary Paulsen, the author of Hatchet, went to school there too! I also grew up in Crookston, and Minot and Grandforks on the ND side. I'm well acquainted with the tedium of the upper midwest
Current Projects
Old 04-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #134
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodwin View Post
That is early. I can't remember the last time I was in bed before 2. And even those days, I stay up reading until at least 4 or 5.
Ya I am usually in bed by no earlier than 2am so I can get up at 5am. But I am tuckered big time today.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #135
Pale Ale
Drive By Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalGamer View Post
Yeah, actually, when I started playing it, I always went for cultural victories and I still do much of the time. But it is fascinating how emotionally involved you can get in a game like this.

As I said, last time I played a game, I was so determined to get revenge on Ghandi that I ruined my chances of winning just to make him eat defeat.

I sometimes think Civ can be more emotionally involving than most RPGs
Omg your Godse!!! That explains... Something at least!

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #136
Spigot
Turn Me

Heh. I grew up in Thunder Bay (well, spent 5 years there as a wee kid) and I remember a few trips to the exotic Mecca of Duluth when we ventured across the border.

Finally home and unpacked. Time to go and fire up Xenoblade and see what all of the fuss was about.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #137
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
Omg your Godse!!! That explains... Something at least!
Not sure what you are getting at.
EternalGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #138
Pale Ale
Drive By Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalGamer View Post
Not sure what you are getting at.
Nathuram Godse

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #139
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

I'm with EG on this one. Gandhi is always starting shit with me. Kept attacking my bros, even though I told him not to. Then I finally got convinced to kick his ass and EVERYONE went nuts on me. All because of Gandhi.

So I saved him for last as I was forced to take over the rest of the world.

Then I nuked him straight to Hell. No prisoners, no saved cities. Burned him to the ground.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), Skyrim (PC)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #140
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
You finished it for real?

I still need to beat the last boss but I'm playing on hard and it wipes the floor with me. Glad you liked it though!
I thought you beat the game. I remember you stating something about the last boss being a pain. I can imagine playing on hard it would be. If you received five satisfactory ratings, you will get the extra episode. Otherwise...well if you love the game you can play it until you have 50 episodes. Or there is Youtube.
Quote:
I want video of you sleeping at 1am. I just don't believe it. This must be your puppy typing this up. No way the real Karak is asleep at that un-God like hour.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote