welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #101
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
I'm being good and not harassing you guys about it.

Stop testing my resolve.
I'm not saying I've never played them...

but I may have written some spells on a sticky note since there's no in-game spell list in the first one.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), Skyrim (PC)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #102
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Test drove my new graphics card today. It's the first high end piece of hardware I've ever owned, and I have to say, it's absolutely stunning. I was worried that the rest of my old components (3-4 years old) would bottleneck it (my motherboard only has PCI-E 1.0 and DDR2 ram, for example), but it was been eating Crysis 2 and BF3 alive all afternoon. Really mind-blowing.
Current Projects
Reverant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #103
Xydarc
Time to rage

Goddamn family drama, a whole week of it. I love my sister, but she can be a stupid bitch sometimes. Add that we've been short-handed at work and it's been a stressful week. So I picked up some green (and a new pipe) to relax with and decided I'mma get my Final Fantasy on.

I've dived back into Final Fantasy XIII-2. I bought the DLC weapons and a couple outfits. I'm enjoying it, but it needs more Lightning. I also started Final Fantasy V on the PSP. I've only played though it once, back when it came out on the PSOne. The job system looks fun...but it's also given me a pow'rful urge to pull out War of the Lions. The story is more silly then incomprehensible, so we'll see how it goes.
Xydarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #104
Pale Ale
Drive By Guest

When's the Lightning DLC? Also since your Xydarc, why are not Fang and Vanille, Fang and Vanille!!!

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #105
Xydarc
Time to rage

Sorry, I meant the Coliseum DLC that let's you recruit the FF XIII version of Lightning to your party.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #106
Spigot
Turn Me

Had a pretty nice dinner at my parents tonight. Like I said, small doses.

I just got the lowest ranking in the world in this Hot Shots (Vita) online tourney. LOWEST IN THE WORLD! Woo?

Now I'm playing Fairway Solitaire while watching episodes of Community and hopefully getting some Lone Survivor in before it's too late.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #107
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Spent last night with Ronin and a Lan pal roleplaying in the new dnd gameworld I made. Wasn't too impressed with our first hour, new world some new rules, and having not played for a good long time.
However, the remaining 6 hours was a fucking rush. Barely had to do any rolls, spent most of the time actually enjoying the story, combat, and dialogue without hampering anything with a fucking diceroll or even a card. By the time the full 7 hour game session was over we were all complaining about how much our stomachs hurt from laughing(a couple great bits happened unplanned) and spent another hour talking about the game before we crashed at 2am.

Then they came back over today and we broke out Talisman 4th ed and played a four player game of that. Ronin won. Man he should have gone to vegas today. He rolled so many god damned 6's during his turns it started to feel like he had loaded them

Watching Grim now, gonna play Fallout 3 tonight as well.

Beat Azura's Wrath a couple days ago. And now moving to Virtua Fighter. We have a 40 person tournament here in about 4 weeks and I am going to take 1st again if it kills me. Lau is coming back with a vengeance.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax

Last edited by Karak; 04-07-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #108
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelegacy View Post

This summer we are renting a camp way up north in Maine for a week. That will be so nice.
I'm taking this as my invite. I'll bring the beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
It used to be common for me to spend the entire weekend inside as well, but not these days.
And now look at you. A birthday bash longer than Lady Gaga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
I'm being good and not harassing you guys about it.

Stop testing my resolve.
How am I to know which game in the series to buy next? Harass away. Besides, when is restraint associated with these threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
Test drove my new graphics card today. It's the first high end piece of hardware I've ever owned, and I have to say, it's absolutely stunning. I was worried that the rest of my old components (3-4 years old) would bottleneck it (my motherboard only has PCI-E 1.0 and DDR2 ram, for example), but it was been eating Crysis 2 and BF3 alive all afternoon. Really mind-blowing.
I was reading about your new card in the magic PC thread. I'm so jealous. I think i'll go stare at my power supply and case imagining the PC that one day will be built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xydarc View Post
Goddamn family drama, a whole week of it. I love my sister, but she can be a stupid bitch sometimes. Add that we've been short-handed at work and it's been a stressful week. So I picked up some green (and a new pipe) to relax with and decided I'mma get my Final Fantasy on.
I'm guessing your job doesn't mind your stress relieving methods

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #109
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Oh yeah, somehow Spigot convinced me to buy the ME game on the iPad. It looks nice. The controls...need some getting used to.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Old 04-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #110
Wraith
Watch out for snakes!

Skyrim - Am I really 55 hours into this game? It certainly doesn't seem like I've played it that long. I'm only lvl 20 (w/ a level waiting to be processed). I recently gave Lydia a warhammer for charging soul gems.

SimCity 4 - Ah, traffic, my mortal enemy. I've been using a crapload of buses, and trains (some not being used that much). Will probably start doing some subways soon, though they are pricey.

I bought some Forza 4 DLC car packs, as I had a points card lying around that I hadn't used yet. Will probably get back into the game soon.

Playing: Sims 4 (PC), FFXIV (PC); My Mostly Complete Game Library and 2014 Watch List; Gamertag: EasyToType
Watching: Sopranos S6, The Simpsons
"I would wish you luck, but I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures."

Last edited by Wraith; 04-07-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #111
Xydarc
Time to rage

Okay, I really should stay off of PSN while high:
Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #112
Xydarc
Time to rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I'm guessing your job doesn't mind your stress relieving methods
No, but I've passed all tests so far.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #113
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Reached episode 9 in AW. Did the trick for some fast need of a game to keep me busy while I battle insomnia. Next up flying machines and something "odd" aboard the ship. I can't wait to see how this story keeps going.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #114
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xydarc View Post
Okay, I really should stay off of PSN while high:
Square-Enix's self-prostitution is approaching EA and Activision's level. What the hell happened to this company?
Current Projects
Reverant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #115
MagGnome

Last night's parties were a lot of fun. The first one was full of good food, good drink, and lots of awesome people I had never met before. I ate so much I thought I would burst. My friends at Game Night sent me several texts complaining about my absence, so I got on my bike and headed over there around 10pm. Biking at night with a buzz is not as exciting as it sounds, especially since I was an idiot and took one of the busiest streets across town. That was interesting...

My game night friends roped me into spending the night in Duluth next Saturday, which will be great! The weekend after that I'm going to NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
SimCity 4 - Ah, traffic, my mortal enemy. I've been using a crapload of buses, and trains (some not being used that much). Will probably start doing some subways soon, though they are pricey.
Traffic in my city is a pain as well. For having 10,000 people, there seems to be an awful lot of traffic. I've set up a few bus stops, but they aren't being used all that much. I've built bigger roads, but they still clog up the side streets. I finally built a wide avenue with a toll booth, which is bringing in some cash. I may built a few more of those.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #116
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post

My game night friends roped me into spending the night in Duluth next Saturday, which will be great! The weekend after that I'm going to NYC.
Is Duluth a place where to have fun? I only know of it due to the place/center where modern Domestic Violence theory was created and still used.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #117
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelegacy View Post
I am reclusive too. Or I would be if given a choice. If I became rich beyond belief I would hide in my compound for the rest of my days. Like Howard Hughes.

You'd all be invited to party and steal my busts of floppy, fat engorged busts along with other valuables while I got drunk, however.

When I was single sometimes I would come home on a Friday night after work and not leave the apartment all weekend. It's different now as my wife is an extrovert and likes her social time (plus we have kids), but I'm the opposite. I deal with people all day at work, so I like my down time to be more...subtle.
It was probably always true to me to an extend, but I had regular friends I hung out with a lot before I moved to MS. But now only go out for university functions (rarely) and happy hour. Even my happy hours have become a lot more solitary affairs. Nowadays I usually sit inside at the bar (a lot of the regulars are smokers who sit outside) and bring a book to read.

Now that I have been here for 8 years though, it is pretty much established habit. I don't particularly feel the need to go out more. It isn't like I don't have any social interaction, though, I talk to students all the time.
EternalGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #118
EternalGamer
Colonist

I played a good deal of Civ V yesterday. I was supposed to be reading this weekend since I have Comp exams in a little over two weeks, but I only made it through half a book all weekend because I have had some sort of flu. Started wit sore throat, then chills and aches and just feel generally shitty.

Civ V kind of took my mind off it for a while. Until Montazuma declared war on me while I was talking over a city state. My units were already fairly depleted because I had just finished taking over a previous city state (I probably should have restocked before going for the second). I managed to take over the second, but by that time Montazuma the asshole had marched down a ton of units and had me surrounded. He keeps telling me he wants to make peace but he refuses all my attempts. I've reloaded several times but can't seem to find a way to prevent him from taking over at least one of the city state I just captured since they are too far away to get more units to in time.

Today, I think I'm just to make a temporary retreat, build a ton of units and march right to the fuckers capital city. It will be victory at any cost. He made a big mistake screwing with me. He should have talked to Ghandi to ask him what happened last game. I may have spent 500 years destroying India and lost the whole game in the process, but I was going to teach Ghandi a lesson. All you who think Ghandi was a pacificist, I am the reason he is. He learned about the cost of war from ME. Now it is Montazuma's turn. If he thinks "revenge" just means stomach cramps and diarrhea, he is about to recieve a rude disabusing.

Last edited by EternalGamer; 04-08-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #119
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalGamer View Post

Today, I think I'm just to make a temporary retreat, build a ton of units and march right to the fuckers capital city.
Funny how a game like Civ can make someone like yourself who I would believe a peaceful person, becomes a total hawk in a game like Civ. Yeah I know it's only a game...still funny to read though.

I managed to see more credits in Asura's Wrath. I now finished the game twice! I'm amazing! Now on episode 13. I am very glad I listened to Spigot's liking of a game once again. I've had this disc from Gamefly for over a month but couldn't send it back before I tried. The "denied" achievement was worth it for that alone.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #120
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Funny how a game like Civ can make someone like yourself who I would believe a peaceful person, becomes a total hawk in a game like Civ. Yeah I know it's only a game...still funny to read though.
Yeah, actually, when I started playing it, I always went for cultural victories and I still do much of the time. But it is fascinating how emotionally involved you can get in a game like this.

As I said, last time I played a game, I was so determined to get revenge on Ghandi that I ruined my chances of winning just to make him eat defeat.

I sometimes think Civ can be more emotionally involving than most RPGs