welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #61
pomeroy
FREE DISGUSTIPATED

I'm trying to figure out what I want to play next. I loaded up Alan Wake, but wasn't really feeling it (it seems good, I just don't want to play it right now). I also tried Ninety-Nine Nights (which doesn't seem good, but I'm sure I'll play it someday). I then tried Halo Wars (which was sorta fun, but then I got to like the third mission and it just pissed me off). I glanced at Amular, and then thought "I don't want to play a 70 hour game." So I loaded up Borderlands (which makes no sense, since it seems like it's pretty long and I have the game of the year edition with the extra content). It seems like the fun version of Rage. But even that...I'm not sure I want to play it.

I think I'll try Tomb Raider: Anniversary. And if that doesn't take, it looks like I'm going to be taking a bit of a videogame break, since nothing seems like fun.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #62
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

Can you play Xenoblade without pointer controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #63
jpublic
Threadslayer

Yeah, as i just posted in three other threat, I just wasted a couple hours on Dolphin too. My drive can't even read WII discs to rip them.

Dammit.

"The closest they came [to] Platonic ideas is [using] two paper plates for lunch." --Pale Ale
jpublic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #64
EternalGamer
Colonist

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469409

=D
EternalGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #65
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

Daaynmn!

10char

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #66
Kelegacy
Hairy and Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalGamer View Post
yessssssssssssssssssss

Sold my copy in hopes this would come out on PC.
Kelegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #67
Kelegacy
Hairy and Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
Yeah, as i just posted in three other threat, I just wasted a couple hours on Dolphin too. My drive can't even read WII discs to rip them.

Dammit.
I don't know the ethics involved, but if you owned the game, couldn't you download an ISO or whatever and play that way? No tweaking involved. Is it still piracy if you own the game already?

Then again, it may take more than a couple hours to download a file that big, so it is probably faster to tweak instead.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #68
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddi900 View Post
Yeah, on the Wii you can use the classic controller or whatever its called. On the emulator, both mouse/keyboard and a 360 gamepad work pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelegacy View Post
I don't know the ethics involved, but if you owned the game, couldn't you download an ISO or whatever and play that way? No tweaking involved. Is it still piracy if you own the game already?

Then again, it may take more than a couple hours to download a file that big, so it is probably faster to tweak instead.
I don't think ISPs take into account whether you own the product or not when they see you hauling .iso files through torrents
Current Projects
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #69
Kelegacy
Hairy and Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
I don't think ISPs take into account whether you own the product or not when they see you hauling .iso files through torrents
Well yeah, you got me there.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #70
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:

It's so fun to buy my son stuff, as he got a Perry the Platypus basket, we put a toy Yoda in it, Spiderman/Avengers underwear, a Spiderman cup and some other $1 Spiderman stuff, a small baseball mitt and ball, and I can't remember what else. As I'm putting his fun stuff in the basket, my wife says we need to pick something out for Emmy, our daughter. I feel bad since I'm oblivious to the girl stuff. Never had a sister, but I had a boyish childhood with stuff my son is now loving (and I'm living vicariously through him again it seems). Boy stuff is fun, girl stuff seems geared towards being a good wife and mother. Or entitled "princess" crap. Bizarre.
Gender roles or making sure they stay around is why you keep seeing this stuff. But you are smart enough to know that. But having children you get front row seats of it. But you can blur those lines. Boy stuff isn't always so "boy" that a little girl won't be interested. Your daughter will thank you later for giving her the options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post

Because if we were you, Santa would have had a horrible fate already.
I laughed way to hard at my demise coming from my so called "friends". You are becoming one of the people I would love to meet in person.
Quote:
And this will be the true hardcore experience. Harder than any DS game before. Why? Because you can only play the game with a keyboard controls. No mouse. Mouse use is for wimps!

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #71
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Picked up the Magicka collection at Amazon, activated it on Steam. Look forward to trying it out.
We'll have to play so coop; Magicka is awesome coop.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #72
MagGnome

Quote:
I just came.

It's been rumored for months. I'm so glad it's been confirmed!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #73
EternalGamer
Colonist

I will buy it at full price, which is something I only do for a few games a year. I'll definitely get my money's worth and can't wait to play Blight Town without a 6 frames per second frame rate.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #74
MagGnome

I really hope it's a nice port job. Namco doesn't have much experience in that regard. I assume they are farming it out though.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #75
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
I really hope it's a nice port job. Namco doesn't have much experience in that regard. I assume they are farming it out though.
Well, Namco didn't make it, From Software did and they have some PC experience as they ported their own version of Ninja Blade to PC.

It is possible it won't be the most optimized port, but my PC is powerful enough that I have little doubt it will run superior to the game on 360 for me regardless.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #76
Kelegacy
Hairy and Scary

I played it on PS3, and while the performance was okay and Blight Town wasn't bad like the 360 folks mentioned (in my experience anyway) I didn't think the game was overly pretty. But I felt that way about Red Faction Armageddon and people said the game was supposed to be pretty. Not on MY PS3 though. Thought I had a defect. 360 demo looked fine however.

Demon's Souls was very crisp and clean, but Dark Souls was a step back visually for me, though many people commented that it looked MUCH better. I had just beaten Demon's when I picked up Dark the next day, so it was a disappointment. So I was determined to play it on 360 to see if there was a difference at all for me. Other people saying Dark looked better made me think, once again, that I had a defect. Weird.

On PC however, I'll be able to see it in it's true 1080p glory, with a nice frame rate and clean appearance. Well, clean enough for a pestilence, maggot filled glory hole that is the atmospheric game world.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #77
EternalGamer
Colonist

I don't know whether Dark Souls looked better, but I think it was technically more impressive because it was all one giant, interlocking world.

I thought that made a huge difference and made it a superior game. It felt a lot more like Metriod or Symphony of the Night. It had tons of overlapping paths and different ways to access areas and secret shortcuts and pathways. The world design was just awesome.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #78
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddi900 View Post
It even has a big "Play With The Classic Controller" label on the package.

Purps, I kind of suspect that Kelegacy and Mags wouldn't like Asura's Wrath since it's very QTE heavy. Glad you're digging it though.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #79
MagGnome

Yeah, I kind of despise QTEs.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #80
Spigot
Turn Me

And yet you love Dwarf Fortress.
Spigot is offline   Reply With Quote