welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #1801
Saladin
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Pretty good. Evil scientist and Nazi made mutants (young people) vs British spies and Warlocks. It was one of our books of the months if I recall correctly. It ended on sort of a cliff hanger. Glad more is on the way.
Boo, no kindle edition
Saladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #1802
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
Boo, no kindle edition
Your search skills are the worse.

http://www.amazon.com/Bitter-Seeds-e...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Coldest War doesn't come up until July but it has a Kindle version listed as well.
ArmoredXerxes

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
the original Game Boy was the size of a VCR -pronounconnoun
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #1803
Chris_D
Colonist

Boo again.
Quote:
This title is not available for customers from your location in:
Asia & Pacific
Sony could drop the price of PS+ to $1 a month and he'd still find a way to spin it in a negative light.
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #1804
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_D View Post
Boo again.
I thought you had ways to get around that and into the American stores.
ArmoredXerxes

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
Old 04-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #1805
Chris_D
Colonist

Nah, they check your IP and then you have to show proof of address or your passport.
Sony could drop the price of PS+ to $1 a month and he'd still find a way to spin it in a negative light.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #1806
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Nah, they check your IP and then you have to show proof of address or your passport.
How the hell do they deny a ebook? Do you have like only an official Kindle? Or like a tablet?
ArmoredXerxes

Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #1807
Chris_D
Colonist

Er, it's blocked however you try to buy it. Web browser or whatever. Like I said, they check your IP and if it's in the wrong region then they block you. You can get your account enabled for a certain region (like currently I'm enabled for Asia/Pacific even though I'm in Japan) but you have show proof of citizenship or residency.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #1808
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

You just need to have a billing address set in a region. That's how I bought Amazon digital wares all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #1809
Chris_D
Colonist

Mine was set to Aus, but during 3 months of buying ebooks, they would send me an email every week or so saying "We notice you are buying an awful lot of ebooks from a location in Japan. Are you sure you don't want to change your region to Japan?". Not if I wanted to keep being able to buy ebooks, hell no. So I ignored the email.

Anyway, after those 3 months they just auto blocked me one day and said by email that I needed to provide proof that I belonged in the Asia/Pacific region. Luckily I could fax my passport to do this because I no longer have any proof of residency in Australia.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #1810
Dualonymous
Colonist

why not make your kindle password unique to itself only and have a good friend or family member buy them. you can have multiple devices use a single account hell I have 6 devices on my account.
3DS: 0447 - 6667 - 7862
Steam ID: Dualshotty23

OriginID:Dualshotty23
Dualonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #1811
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

Quote:
Mine was set to Aus, but during 3 months of buying ebooks, they would send me an email every week or so saying "We notice you are buying an awful lot of ebooks from a location in Japan. Are you sure you don't want to change your region to Japan?". Not if I wanted to keep being able to buy ebooks, hell no. So I ignored the email.

Anyway, after those 3 months they just auto blocked me one day and said by email that I needed to provide proof that I belonged in the Asia/Pacific region. Luckily I could fax my passport to do this because I no longer have any proof of residency in Australia.
Again your billing address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #1812
Chris_D
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddi900 View Post
Again your billing address.
Was Aus at the time.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #1813
Chris_D
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualshotty23 View Post
why not make your kindle password unique to itself only and have a good friend or family member buy them. you can have multiple devices use a single account hell I have 6 devices on my account.
All my friends and family are in Aus so it wouldn't be any different in this case. To summarise, at least having my account set to Asia Pacific gives me access to most books (with occasional pricing oddities). If my account was stuck set to Japan then I would be pretty screwed. Fortunately I was able to avoid that but still annoying.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #1814
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Er, it's blocked however you try to buy it. Web browser or whatever. Like I said, they check your IP and if it's in the wrong region then they block you. You can get your account enabled for a certain region (like currently I'm enabled for Asia/Pacific even though I'm in Japan) but you have show proof of citizenship or residency.
Oh I was just wondering if it was a tablet, they have other ebook stores. <shrug>
ArmoredXerxes

Old 04-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #1815
Saladin
Colonist

Quote:
Your search skills are the worse.

http://www.amazon.com/Bitter-Seeds-e...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Coldest War doesn't come up until July but it has a Kindle version listed as well.
Doesn't come in up in search results in my region. The direct link there works, but get the blocked message trying to buy like Chris D. Searching from the kindle only brings up the audible edition. Oh well, plenty of other books in the store.
Saladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #1816
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Why would it not available is baffling in this day in age. Digital age is supposed to transcend silly shit like availability in a region. It's not a traveling book salesmen needs to print up books fly over there and try to sale them.

Click and read.
ArmoredXerxes

Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #1817
Chris_D
Colonist

Yeah, prior to the whole eBooks thing I never would have thought that we would get what is basically region coding for books. I mean, I've been buying American published paperbacks from Amazon since the store existed. I guess book publishers are just as big dicks as those in other industries.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #1818
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

I still haven't been able to use my tablet due to a bad application update that screwed up reading on it. So I've been entertaining myself with the Conan the Barbarian comics by Dark Horse. I enjoy that they do their best to adapt them as close as possible to Howard's works. I suppose when I'm done with those, if they don't fix my nook app, I'll wind up reading my collection of Howard/Lovecraft correspondence.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), Skyrim (PC)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #1819
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodwin View Post
I still haven't been able to use my tablet due to a bad application update that screwed up reading on it. So I've been entertaining myself with the Conan the Barbarian comics by Dark Horse. I enjoy that they do their best to adapt them as close as possible to Howard's works. I suppose when I'm done with those, if they don't fix my nook app, I'll wind up reading my collection of Howard/Lovecraft correspondence.
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?
ArmoredXerxes

Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #1820
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?
Aye. It's a known issue spanning multiple tablets. Did just try it again.

Fail. Gonna see if there's an older version on a forum somewhere.

Best part: The update is called the "Tablet Optimized" update. And it doesn't work on Tablets.

*sigh*
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), Skyrim (PC)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote