welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > News and Features > CoG Features

Old 11-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #21
agentgray
Spigot's Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
That's exactly how I feel about the game. For the second year in a row, I was eating crow after first dismissing the game and then cancelling my preorder, only to find myself running out a week after release to grab a copy.

The fact that the Ezio portions feel incredibly strong and not like some kind of padding or retcon of the end of AC2 is very satisfying. I'm also super duper happy that the Desmond sections have been fleshed out as I am one of those people who find the meta-story with Desmond to be the most compelling part of the AC series.

And the multiplayer... So nice! It's right up my alley. Nice and slow and methodical. Hanging around next to an AI with the same model as my player character and seeing another assassin stab it instead of me just makes me grin like a fool!
What is that I am feeling? Oh, yes! Vindication two years in a row.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #22
opsin
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayK47 View Post
Can I start with AC 2 and not miss much story?
Yes, I'd say so. It will cover everything you missed just through the telling of the story in 2, and Brotherhood seemed to have a sort of 'previously on' covering both games as well. It's not all that complicated, and I think, pretty much everything I would say to describe the story comes from 2.

The other issues (animus, general plot and some blocking areas) are still there, though the areas issue works way better the way the cities are laid out, and otherwise they are so much more immersive and feel much more alive, so it ought to bother you less.

I'd probably recommend giving 2 a try, either borrowing it or picking it up cheap (is around a tenner here now) since playing Brotherhood without 2 would be a bad move.

XBL: rhod0psin
Steam: opsin
opsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #23
National Kato
Surfer Rosa

Yes, don't play Brotherhood without playing AC2 first. You'd be doing yourself a disservice.
Origin: NationalKato
Now Playing: Shadow of Mordor / Destiny / Divinity:OS / FIFA 15 / Hearthstone / GTA V
[twitch.tv]
[smith.ink]
National Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #24
JayK47
Colonist

I'll keep my eye out for a cheap AC 2 then. Thanks for the heads up.
JayK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #25
TheFlyingOrc
Still Green In My Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsin View Post
Yes, I'd say so. It will cover everything you missed just through the telling of the story in 2, and Brotherhood seemed to have a sort of 'previously on' covering both games as well. It's not all that complicated, and I think, pretty much everything I would say to describe the story comes from 2.

The other issues (animus, general plot and some blocking areas) are still there, though the areas issue works way better the way the cities are laid out, and otherwise they are so much more immersive and feel much more alive, so it ought to bother you less.

I'd probably recommend giving 2 a try, either borrowing it or picking it up cheap (is around a tenner here now) since playing Brotherhood without 2 would be a bad move.
Agreed with this. I consider AC1 entirely unforgettable, and I found the story hilariously bad in that one. I love 2, though. And, so far, Brotherhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDon View Post
I love you, Orc.
TheFlyingOrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #26
JayK47
Colonist

I'm not seeing a main forum discussion thread for this game. Are my search skills that bad?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #27
Psykoboy2
Enigma Of The Mystical

Send a message via AIM to Psykoboy2 Send a message via MSN to Psykoboy2 Send a message via Skype™ to Psykoboy2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayK47 View Post
I'm not seeing a main forum discussion thread for this game. Are my search skills that bad?
Here's the thread and here's the spoiler thread.
Psykoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
JayK47
Colonist

Ah, I searched for Assassin's Creed and Brotherhood. Thanks for the links.