welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 12-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #2301
SonofSeth
Seeker

I actually dreamed last night that i resubscribed.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #2302
J Arcane
Lambda Phage

I can't go back. I've been locked out by the authenticator system because of an iPad reset, and I just don't care to go through the reset process again.

Plus, the Golden Panda and the halfassed Cataclysm mean I don't really want to.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #2303
Troggles
[NSFW]

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arcane View Post
I can't go back. I've been locked out by the authenticator system because of an iPad reset, and I just don't care to go through the reset process again.

Plus, the Golden Panda and the halfassed Cataclysm mean I don't really want to.
My authenticator's battery died, so I had Blizzard remove it from my account. Less then 24 hours later, my account was hacked, and my WoW sub banned.
3DS FC: 3781-0398-9126
Troggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #2304
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troggles View Post
My authenticator's battery died, so I had Blizzard remove it from my account. Less then 24 hours later, my account was hacked, and my WoW sub banned.
I'm sorry, but I laughed.

Those WoW hackers are INSANE. I actually got an email that someone opened up a battle.net account at one of my alternate email addresses. I should really look into getting it shut down now that it's been a few months...
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
FFXIV: Assyndra Siafu on Hyperion (US)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #2305
SonofSeth
Seeker

So, what would you pay for a game that gives you 231 days, 21 hours and 21 minutes of gameplay time?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 AM   #2306
Matthias
is trying to post more...

So I resubbed this past Sunday--yes, I know TOR just came out, but to be honest, I don't have the space to install it or the patience to deal with server queues. Anyway, I think it's the fact that I've typically played over winter breaks, but I was getting mad cravings for the game. I had never gotten a character above 35 (I never played that much my first go-round, and was pretty alt-crazy when I did), so it's nice to see some of the Vanilla end-game zones that I never reached. While I'm definitely glad that the system has been streamlined as much as it has in the past 4 years, I'm a bit sad that I seem to be the only one interested in seeing any of the pre-85 content. I know it stands to reason that most people playing are at or near max level, but I've pretty much solo'd the whole game so far, with a few PUG 5-mans and one run-through of Strat with an lvl. 85 guildmate. It also stands to reason that while I associate December with winter break and downtime, this is the season people are least likely to have time to play, so even the normally-active guild I found on my server has been increasingly barren over the past few days.

But a friend of mine was apparently talked in to subbing for the first time by a friend of hers, and when she does, I may be able to join them. I'm not really looking forward to seeing the first 30 levels for the umpteenth time, but considering my friend wants to be a warrior, this would probably be my best justification to try a support role. I typically stayed with warlock and druid most often, because they're both designed to be pretty self-sufficient for heavy soloing. I might even go really crazy and play a priest. It will depend on what the group dynamic is, I guess.

But yeah, in the meantime, my highest level ever character just hit 53. I'm Soultinker on Proudmoore, if anyone else has resubbed recently and wants some company. I would absolutely love to see some of the epic dungeons with people who are interested in more than just speeding through a random dungeon and complaining about every other member--I've all but given up on the idea of getting a solid raid experience for the next 32 levels, as I'm in no way competent enough with my class to experience raids for the first time in a LFR PUG.

That being said, the combination of the fact that I have owned BC since the week after it released and have never seen the Outlands, but have still picked up WotLK and Cata when they went on discount, and the fact that I am gainfully employed with no homework anymore means that I will probably stick with the game for a while to come. So yeah... come join me. Especially if you're a newbie or otherwise interested in the long haul. I will party with you the whole way through, especially if we can get the 3x refer-a-friend boost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasson_ View Post
Plasma cannons are just tops. Stupid demons and their gay-ass hell-magic. lol.
Twitter: payco | Impulse: payco | Steam: Matthias [CoG]
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:16 AM   #2307
Hawkzombie
The Lord of Shadow

Send a message via AIM to Hawkzombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
So I resubbed this past Sunday--yes, I know TOR just came out, but to be honest, I don't have the space to install it or the patience to deal with server queues. Anyway, I think it's the fact that I've typically played over winter breaks, but I was getting mad cravings for the game. I had never gotten a character above 35 (I never played that much my first go-round, and was pretty alt-crazy when I did), so it's nice to see some of the Vanilla end-game zones that I never reached. While I'm definitely glad that the system has been streamlined as much as it has in the past 4 years, I'm a bit sad that I seem to be the only one interested in seeing any of the pre-85 content. I know it stands to reason that most people playing are at or near max level, but I've pretty much solo'd the whole game so far, with a few PUG 5-mans and one run-through of Strat with an lvl. 85 guildmate. It also stands to reason that while I associate December with winter break and downtime, this is the season people are least likely to have time to play, so even the normally-active guild I found on my server has been increasingly barren over the past few days.

But a friend of mine was apparently talked in to subbing for the first time by a friend of hers, and when she does, I may be able to join them. I'm not really looking forward to seeing the first 30 levels for the umpteenth time, but considering my friend wants to be a warrior, this would probably be my best justification to try a support role. I typically stayed with warlock and druid most often, because they're both designed to be pretty self-sufficient for heavy soloing. I might even go really crazy and play a priest. It will depend on what the group dynamic is, I guess.

But yeah, in the meantime, my highest level ever character just hit 53. I'm Soultinker on Proudmoore, if anyone else has resubbed recently and wants some company. I would absolutely love to see some of the epic dungeons with people who are interested in more than just speeding through a random dungeon and complaining about every other member--I've all but given up on the idea of getting a solid raid experience for the next 32 levels, as I'm in no way competent enough with my class to experience raids for the first time in a LFR PUG.

That being said, the combination of the fact that I have owned BC since the week after it released and have never seen the Outlands, but have still picked up WotLK and Cata when they went on discount, and the fact that I am gainfully employed with no homework anymore means that I will probably stick with the game for a while to come. So yeah... come join me. Especially if you're a newbie or otherwise interested in the long haul. I will party with you the whole way through, especially if we can get the 3x refer-a-friend boost.
The boost is godly. Just get all of you together (You can have multiple people get the same boost, providing the main account invites each account in) and then just queue for dungeons. If you want to power level this is THE fastest way. Do quests and stuff in between if you want, to break the monotony.

PSN/Steam ID - JaynesHat/Hawkzombie

There is the crazy HZ and the well refined logic and reasoning HZ. Both are pretty entertaining -Purple Santa
I love that Hawk exists to make every decision I make, no matter how self-destructive, look wise by comparison. -Ox
I just realized that for the longest time I've been getting you and Karak mixed up. -fitbabits
Hawkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #2308
SilentScreams
Double Rainbow?!

Playing SWTOR only succeeded in making me want to play WoW again and so I am.

Sorry Bioware, it was a good effort but you lose this round.
SilentScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:54 AM   #2309
SonofSeth
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScreams View Post
Playing SWTOR only succeeded in making me want to play WoW again and so I am.

Sorry Bioware, it was a good effort but you lose this round.
Same thing happened to me, only I got the urge to resubscribe after trying the beta.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #2310
SonofSeth
Seeker

So, anyone read about this Ironman Challenge thing?

I would do it if Blizzard made a thing out of it, with some achievements, mounts, pets, titles, something of that sort. What would be best is if you could make an "Iron" character with all the limitations built in, what would be better still is if they would make an Iron Server, that would be interesting.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #2311
Hawkzombie
The Lord of Shadow

That is insane. Really and truly insane.

And it's all kinda on an honor system, really. Who's to say you simply didn't delete the char, and then stayed logged off for a while to make it seem like you re-leveled them?

I have been wanting to go back, but just dunno...At least I got all my holiday achieves to get me the mount and 310% flight.

There is the crazy HZ and the well refined logic and reasoning HZ. Both are pretty entertaining -Purple Santa
I love that Hawk exists to make every decision I make, no matter how self-destructive, look wise by comparison. -Ox
I just realized that for the longest time I've been getting you and Karak mixed up. -fitbabits
Old 02-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #2312
Matthias
is trying to post more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkzombie View Post
That is insane. Really and truly insane.

And it's all kinda on an honor system, really. Who's to say you simply didn't delete the char, and then stayed logged off for a while to make it seem like you re-leveled them?

I have been wanting to go back, but just dunno...At least I got all my holiday achieves to get me the mount and 310% flight.
Aren't deaths tracked in the achievements tab? I suspect a screenshot would suffice, but the OP seems to think calling people out is against the spirit of the challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasson_ View Post
Plasma cannons are just tops. Stupid demons and their gay-ass hell-magic. lol.
Twitter: payco | Impulse: payco | Steam: Matthias [CoG]
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #2313
Hawkzombie
The Lord of Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
Aren't deaths tracked in the achievements tab? I suspect a screenshot would suffice, but the OP seems to think calling people out is against the spirit of the challenge.
If calling them out isn't part of it, IT'S NOT HARDCORE ENOUGH.

I wonder if other people can check those kinds of stats out through the armory now, or if it's still just for achievement tracking.

If I still played, I'd be tempted...but then I'd also twink the character with all the best gear I could. And never, EVER, run a dungeon. Ever. One bad group, and there ya go.

EDIT: Honestly...I'm tempted to try it. Just resub and try it for the hell of it. See how far I get.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #2314
Libuke
Elephant Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkzombie View Post
If calling them out isn't part of it, IT'S NOT HARDCORE ENOUGH.

I wonder if other people can check those kinds of stats out through the armory now, or if it's still just for achievement tracking.

If I still played, I'd be tempted...but then I'd also twink the character with all the best gear I could. And never, EVER, run a dungeon. Ever. One bad group, and there ya go.

EDIT: Honestly...I'm tempted to try it. Just resub and try it for the hell of it. See how far I get.

You didn't read the rules then, you can do almost none of what you said.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #2315
Hawkzombie
The Lord of Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libuke View Post
You didn't read the rules then, you can do almost none of what you said.
Indeed I did not.

And Jesus...Whites only??

I am...intrigued honestly.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #2316
rein
TEAM BLUE

I'm very tempted to give this a go. At least until the MoP beta launches. Heck, just doing the random character/class select and the single death rule would make it interesting. I'm so very tempted.

Last edited by rein; 02-22-2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Stupidity.
rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #2317
Hawkzombie
The Lord of Shadow

I'm thinking of starting a CoG specific one...with a prize for the first to 85. Think people might be interested? I'm also thinking of tweaking it a bit.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #2318
rein
TEAM BLUE

I think I have decided to give this a shot (or several). I can't promise I will continue once MoP beta goes live but it should be fun for a while.
rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #2319
Mashidar
<3 for Dal Dal

You know it might be something I'm willing to do, just say what server and I'll join up on this adventure!
Mashidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #2320
roboninja
Without Fear

That Ironman challenge is not intriguing: it is impossible. I doubt you can make it past 30 without stat enhancements from gear.
roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote