welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > News and Features > Gaming News

Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 AM   #21
menage
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoM51 View Post
Crysis coming to consoles is about as exciting as Beethoven coming to 16kb MP3.
This just means the game beneath all the polish it isn't much? A good game still plays a good game even if you pull down the settings. Otherwise it's just eyecandy with a crap interface.

I won't bother with this though, too much other stuff. And C2 looks more fun anyway.

PSN: Menage00
Steam: Menage00
Soundcloud
menage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #22
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by menage View Post
This just means the game beneath all the polish it isn't much? A good game still plays a good game even if you pull down the settings. Otherwise it's just eyecandy with a crap interface.

I won't bother with this though, too much other stuff. And C2 looks more fun anyway.
I think the biggest thing that separated Crysis from the average console game (at the time) was absolutely the graphics and the implementation of some fancy/nifty suit powers. It really doesn't do much new and different in terms of a FPS, but the suit powers can be quite fun to use and do play a role in how you want to tackle an enemy camp.

I consider Crysis and Crysis Warhead some of the best open world FPS gaming you can get on the PC, but only because I took the time to tweak the game to play the way I wanted it to. If I were to play this on a console and be limited to certain things (like how quickly your stealth power dissipates, or the ability to tweak any setting I want) I really don't think I would have enjoyed myself nearly as much.

I enjoy having the freedom to tweak aspects of a game whenever possible, which is one of the big reasons I switched from a console oriented gamer to a PC gamer.
Personal attacks start when the other person isn't living up to my expectations of them.
Wackman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #23
kyrieee
RAWR

The first maybe 60% of Crysis is a lot of fun, I've replayed it many times, but after a certain part the game really changes and stops being good. If it comes out when there's not much going on then I'd definitely recommend it.
kyrieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #24
Wilkz07
blarg?

wanted a cheap shooter recently and grabbed Crysis off games on demand on 360. much better than I had originally thought it would be. Never finished the original campaign on pc and was ready to quit due to frustration when I was in the alien caves. Sure the zero gravity was fun but, ugh, i just wanted it to end. Tank level was my favourite.

Most of the game i found i'd get a armored humvee and roll up to a new area, switch to the mounted gun and kill everything, then explore. Should finish it soon and will restart on Delta mode.