welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 06-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Psykoboy2
Enigma Of The Mystical

Send a message via AIM to Psykoboy2 Send a message via MSN to Psykoboy2 Send a message via Skype™ to Psykoboy2
E3 In Pictures: Day 4

Click For More

And so E3 comes to a close, but not without another 100 or so more pictures for you to enjoy. This covers the other side of the show floor as well as some of the set ups behind closed doors and a few shots from above to boot.

Thanks again to MotWakorb for lending me his camera to take these shots. In all, over 300 pictures were taken during our time at E3 and we couldn't have done it without his help.

Jeremy and I have a ton to write about and you'll be seeing our previews pop up over the next few days. Thanks again goes out to everyone who donated this year to help us cover the costs of the trip. We appreciate you and hope we made it worth the money you spent. Thanks, and enjoy the pictures and previews!
Psykoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
ElektroDragon
La crème de la crème

So we got dozens of SEQUELS... any really exciting NEW IP at this E3? Can anyone list some?

Sony won E3 with the Vita. Nintendo announced something interesting with the Wii U, but its much farther off and doesn't interest me in the same way. Not sure why I need another home console to run the same games I get on my PS3 and 360. Exclusives will be the deciding factor in a purchase, and if those are all Mario and Zelda, it's a solid pass from me. And Microsoft was just embarrassing.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Zanzibar
Colonist

Nice to see some Skylanders pics. Would love to hear your impressions of it.
The changes... look, I get it, I really do, I even agree they were pointless and stupid, but, we live in a world that made Pearl Harbor, on the scale of hideous inaccuracies compared to source material LOTR barely gets a 1. ~ Savok
Zanzibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
DoctorFinger
Editor in Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
So we got dozens of SEQUELS... any really exciting NEW IP at this E3? Can anyone list some?.
There are a lot of new IPs on the downloadable side of the aisle, but I assume that's not what you're talking about.

For retail games: Capcom had Dragon's Dogma & Asuras' Wrath. EA had Kingdoms of Amalur & Overstrike (from Insomniac). Namco had Inversion. Sony had Medieval Moves and Journey. Microsoft had Ryse.

You also had a lot of reimagining of older properties which I wouldn't quire call sequels: Tomb Raider, XCOM, Star Trek & Aliens Colonial Marines.

I don't think there were enough new IPs, but you're not going to get a lot this late in the console cycle.
DoctorFinger is offline   Reply With Quote