welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #61
Vigil80
Colonist

Bought Tera. It was a total impulse buy. I'm feeling kind of bad about it and it hasn't even finished downloading yet. But I was hankering for a new MMO experience, and Guild Wars 2 is taking too long to come out.
Vigil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #62
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigil80 View Post
Bought Tera. It was a total impulse buy. I'm feeling kind of bad about it and it hasn't even finished downloading yet. But I was hankering for a new MMO experience, and Guild Wars 2 is taking too long to come out.
Be sure to post your impressions! I was about to bite into TERA for the exact same reason, but I decided that $15 to check out TOR again was probably a safer impulse. Sadly, TOR could not in any way fill that GW2 hole

Karak should be getting commission for Operation Arrowhead sales, as I just nabbed a copy. I have to reinstall the base game plus the expansion, so it'll be many hours (15gb?!) before I can check out this zombie madness.
Amazon Author Page
Website
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #63
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
Karak should be getting commission for Operation Arrowhead sales, as I just nabbed a copy. I have to reinstall the base game plus the expansion, so it'll be many hours (15gb?!) before I can check out this zombie madness.
#3 in Steam sales Honestly though between Day Z and the ARMA game itself its so worth the price its not funny.

Any game that lets you make your own level in less than 90 seconds that will ALWAYS be different deserves mention.

Just an FYI waiting for the download sounds like its a blessing in disguise. SO MANY people trying to connect. You can sit waiting for a long time. The popularity has gone crazy.
Also make sure you follow the install directions perfectly.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax

Last edited by Karak; 05-08-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Karak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #64
Spigot
Turn Me

Yay! Backseat Killer is back! Hopefully the doc didn't sew up anything awkward after the surgery. A cellphone on vibrate would drive me nuts.

I'm so tired. That said, I found a few more Skylanders on my travels today. The Toys R Us near work actually had some in that I didn't already own. Woo. More stock for the Daddy Store.

And I may be a heretic, but I grabbed Battleship: The Movie Edition for my kids. We don't have a copy of the boardgame at home and this one has alien ships. Woo?
Old 05-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #65
Suave Peanut
don't let's start

Send a message via AIM to Suave Peanut
I did it. I'm done. Until Nintendo releases more, it appears that I caught 'em all.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #66
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Portal 2 is under $7 right now on Steam. For those of us who haven't purchased it (me), go go go!
Amazon Author Page
Website
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #67
Backseat Killer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddi900 View Post
Picking Flowers > Slaying Dragons
I picked so many flowers that when I'm out on my motorcycle and I see flowers that are similar, I want to pull over and pick them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
Yay! Backseat Killer is back! Hopefully the doc didn't sew up anything awkward after the surgery. A cellphone on vibrate would drive me nuts.
I am back! Thanks for the warm, fuzzy feeling It appears things are fixed but we will find out soon!!
Backseat Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #68
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

So Lydia isn't very useful is she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #69
Karak
Press Start to Begin

I am watching a show about Russian Prisons. Gotdamn!
Only in Russia would they name their worst prison 'The Dolphin' jezuz.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #70
Xydarc
Time to rage

Ha ha! Dune has been conquered for Worf and House Atreides!
Xydarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #71
Spigot
Turn Me

Wow. It's Skylanders-palooza around here today. I snagged a bunch of singles that we were lacking, a 3 pack of ones that we needed and a carrying case. Phew. It's about time the rush died down.

My son is going to lose his marbles when he sees the haul. Then he will cry when I put them up in the Daddy Store and make him save up to buy them off me. Mwahaha.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #72
Xydarc
Time to rage

Quote:
Wow. It's Skylanders-palooza around here today. I snagged a bunch of singles that we were lacking, a 3 pack of ones that we needed and a carrying case. Phew. It's about time the rush died down.

My son is going to lose his marbles when he sees the haul. Then he will cry when I put them up in the Daddy Store and make him save up to buy them off me. Mwahaha.
What did you grab? And I think that's an awesome idea for him to earn them.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #73
Spigot
Turn Me

Let's see. Zap, Warnado, Camo and a triple-pack with Whirlwind, Double Trouble and, most importantly, Drill Sergeant.

I'll admit that the Daddy Store is as much about teaching him responsibility and patience as it is a way for me to curb the instinct to spoil him. I can't help it. There are lots of neat toys out there and I love an excuse to go on the hunt for them about as much as he enjoys playing with them.

Plus I make some of my money back this way. I sell at a loss but at least his taxes are helping to pay for his food subsidies (aka frozen lemonade when we go for drives). He was telling me that his friends laughed at him when he was telling them about the Daddy Store but I told him that I bet his friends couldn't buy as much cool stuff from their parents as he can.

Last edited by Spigot; 05-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Spigot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #74
Kelegacy
All Around Nice Guy

Oh Spigot. You are nothing if not cute.

But I know what you mean. I will try to show my son cool toys and he'll be interested in a store and then put it back. I should be thankful I guess. But we walk out of stores empty handed most of the time because he tells me to put it back.

But when we go to Goodwill or second hand stores or lawn sales? I go hog wild on the cheap toys. I have some excellent freakin' toys I bought used. But it's more for me than him for some reason. I had such a great childhood but I seem to be trying to relive it through my boy.

With my girl...I don't think I'll be like that. I have to get her into the boy stuff instead!
Kelegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #75
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave Peanut View Post
I did it. I'm done. Until Nintendo releases more, it appears that I caught 'em all.
You haven't heard? They just released a few more hundred into the wild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
Portal 2 is under $7 right now on Steam. For those of us who haven't purchased it (me), go go go!
Portal 2 was awesome. Enjoy. I gave ADD Portal 1 on the Xbox but she never tried it. I found it unplayed on Sunday and began playing it again. I love that game.
Quote:

Daddy store? That is awesome. How does your son earn points/money to buy stuff from the daddy store? I am going to use this and tell my co-workers about this idea. We are always looking for ways to help parents with great parenting tips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelegacy View Post
With my girl...I don't think I'll be like that. I have to get her into the boy stuff instead!
Your daughter will thank you if you get her into the "boy stuff". When she is some CEO of a company she will say it's all what my dad did for me. If you break the gender roles (or at least marginalize them some) this can only help your daughter.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #76
Spigot
Turn Me

I'll post a write up on the Daddy Store when I get home. My phone is almost dead
Old 05-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #77
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Daddy store? That is awesome. How does your son earn points/money to buy stuff from the daddy store? I am going to use this and tell my co-workers about this idea. We are always looking for ways to help parents with great parenting tips.
He gets an allowance of $3 each week for doing chores and such. It may go up when he turns 8, but that's where it is right now. I've priced most things in the Daddy Store in such a way that it takes 3-4 weeks to save up for something. What I am thinking of doing is giving him coupons for money off or other things if he does extra chores or is extra well behaved, etc. but I need to think about it a bit more.

I just keep all of the items up on a shelf in my closet where he can't reach them. He also knows that if he were to get extra greedy and 'liberate' something from the store early, then it's ALL getting locked in the basement and that will be the end of the Daddy Store for quite some time.

Plus it's actual money, so if he spends it on chocolate milk at school or something else during the week, it'll take him even longer to save up for the stuff in the Daddy Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purps
Your daughter will thank you if you get her into the "boy stuff". When she is some CEO of a company she will say it's all what my dad did for me. If you break the gender roles (or at least marginalize them some) this can only help your daughter.
I tried (and still try) to not just bury my daughter in pink and princesses and the like, but she is obsessed with all things little-girly. That said, I've also ingrained a thorough working knowledge of how to construct your own lightsaber, what to do in a zombie attack and that it is always proper etiquette to slap your elbow not once, not twice, but three times before laying the smacketh down on your opponent.

Last edited by Spigot; 05-08-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Spigot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #78
Kelegacy
All Around Nice Guy

Played more STALKER tonight and I like how firefights, at least early on, feel so intense. You can die easily and I have a bunch of times. I've had two big fights with groups of armed baddies and I have to hide, run, and tried to pick them off quickly or I will wind up toast myself. I love that. And if I take a stray bullet I could bleed out easily. Things feel a bit more realistic than your garden variety Halo, etc.

Then again, I thought I felt relatively weak in Crysis too. But nowhere near what Stalker feels like. Stalker feels closer to a Rainbow Six game in terms of how fast you can die if you get shot at.
Kelegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #79
Pale Ale
Drive By Guest

Quote:
that it is always proper etiquette to slap your elbow not once, not twice, but three times before laying the smacketh down on your opponent.
kayfabe: a skill for women

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #80
Xydarc
Time to rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
kayfabe: a skill for women
Can you smell what The Rock is cookin'?

So I've found my copy of Dune and for a book written in the 60's, it holds up pretty well.

All this talk of the previous Marvel movies had me dig out the 2003 version of the Hulk. I actually liked the movie and thought they had the right actors to play the characters, especially Sam Elliot as General Ross. The story was hit or miss, I really could have done without the whole "daddy issues" plot but man oh man the Hulk Smash sequences were good and I thought Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly had really good chemistry. In my opinion Nick Nolte and his character had no place in that movie. And that's what I think the 2008 version really got right: the villian.

That ending though...

Last edited by Xydarc; 05-08-2012 at 09:44 PM.