welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Life Off Colony > The Lounge

Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
bean
Banned

How many jobs are you working? I've started working in town in addition to working on my parent's ranch (just got hired to deliver pizza today). It's tiring, but I find that if I'm working all the time, I don't worry about my financial issues as much. Having something coming in just makes me feel more responsible.

Now, I'm a college graduate in my parent's house working as a cowboy and pizza delivery-man. . . so that's never been my life-plan, but working (even a shitty job) makes me feel much better about it.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #22
Shjinta
Old Picky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to Shjinta Send a message via MSN to Shjinta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
How many jobs are you working? I've started working in town in addition to working on my parent's ranch (just got hired to deliver pizza today). It's tiring, but I find that if I'm working all the time, I don't worry about my financial issues as much. Having something coming in just makes me feel more responsible.

Now, I'm a college graduate in my parent's house working as a cowboy and pizza delivery-man. . . so that's never been my life-plan, but working (even a shitty job) makes me feel much better about it.
Zero jobs at the moment. I've gotten a few calls lately. I just finished my OSAP application, So I'm not sure exactly how they will react if I tell them I found a job after i finish the application since I've put I haven't worked up to this point. I know it will ultimately affect my application and loan size. Since this is a 5 day a week course load, I'm aiming for a weekend part time job to help.

Right now I'm just trying to sell my Guitar for 420$ to cover bills and such till September. The guy who was going to buy it decided last minute he didn't want it anymore. Got to love it.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #23
bean
Banned

You should talk to a Canadian student about whether or not working will effect your OSAP application. I used to wait tables during college because only credit card tips had to be reported as income (though of course, being honest, I reported all of mine).
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #24
Shjinta
Old Picky Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
You should talk to a Canadian student about whether or not working will effect your OSAP application. I used to wait tables during college because only credit card tips had to be reported as income (though of course, being honest, I reported all of mine).
Yeah. I have a meeting with the Financial Aid office next week. They'll cover everything for me

Until then I have my guitar on Craighlist now.. I'm actually surprised for 2 months I was getting nothing but 400-450 offers. Now that I dipped that low. NO offers.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #25
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shjinta View Post
Yeah. I have a meeting with the Financial Aid office next week. They'll cover everything for me

Until then I have my guitar on Craighlist now.. I'm actually surprised for 2 months I was getting nothing but 400-450 offers. Now that I dipped that low. NO offers.
If I had money, I'd buy it. Easily.

My finances aren't in a healthy state right now. :|
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
FFXIV: Assyndra Siafu on Hyperion (US)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #26
FreyaHawk
Colonist

Discussing things with financial aid could really help. I financed my nursing degree COMPLETELY with student loans (didn't have a penny to my name). My family was also not willing to support me/ineligible because their credit was horrible. The financial aid dude at my university was awesome, he pretty much held my hand through the whole thing.

I can say that working did effect the amount of money I received. I was limited to making 250$ a month or less (if I made more they deducted it from my next lump sum loan payment).

Between National student loans and Provincial student loans you should be able to get everything covered... Unless Ontario is radically different from Alberta >.>
FreyaHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #27
Shjinta
Old Picky Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodwin View Post
If I had money, I'd buy it. Easily.

My finances aren't in a healthy state right now. :|
Haha well at least you'd be willingly to buy it. I forgot how cheap people are online. I can't understand it, wanting to get something for as little as possible.. Still they are gouging me like crazy with the offers I do get, others want pieces of the guitar, or don't want the case ETC.. I just reply "Please read ad"
Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #28
MalReynolds
Demon of the North

Send a message via MSN to MalReynolds Send a message via Yahoo to MalReynolds Send a message via Skype™ to MalReynolds
being a student sucks... i understand... im done in sept and it couldnt come soon enough
MalReynolds#1834

"It's so hard to play Halo 4 and masturbate at the same time."---Squidbot
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #29
MagGnome

Our generation really is in a bind. :/

Good luck man! Let's hope that you, myself, bean, Anton, and others all make it through this mess.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #30
wyeast
Wub Wub

On behalf of Gen X, welcome to the undertow, gentlemen. We have tea and crumpets.

Like so many others, I graduated into a world with practically zero "career" (read as: non-mall-job) prospects. So I went to grad school - at the last minute because my primary choices were all full up/didn't want my stupid ass. Had to take out a yitload of loans to do it, too. In one year I had to double the student debt I had accrued from the previous four years.

You guys will survive. It feels like shit now, and many of you, like us, will likely end up in careers that have little to do with our primary majors. This is our new American Dream now. A little psychedelic, a little weird, but it is ours. Hang in there.
"Meat wrapped with meat. Hmmm... Delicious." - astranoir
wyeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #31
Shjinta
Old Picky Bastard

I was going to post this in the dating thread but it's a tad too long didn't want to piss anyone off. I'm a total mess right now.

My personality derives heavily from my mother. Everyone before herself. I follow the same philosophy to the fucking T. Everyone before me. To me it just seems logical. I'm pretty much your standard Nice guy. I do not feel right putting myself before anyone. I bend and compromise so much for everyone around me. It's rare when I put myself before anyone.

So yeah where am I going? I figured CoG wouldn't mind a boring read into my life. I'm almost 28 and have only had 3 girlfriends.

MY girlfriend was interesting. She was the first so you really push.. But Jesus Christ she was a slut before I met her (Friends Ex) It was an interesting three year relationship. By the end she had cheated on me with like six guys and almost got knocked up and was on the verge of blaming me. Problem was, she was my "First" I didn't want to let go... Until she forcefully broke up with me.

Once she did I spiraled for I honestly can't remember how long. At this point in my life, it's safe to say I'm over her, I can think about her and not make my stomach turn and we can talk like friends now. So one down.

My second girlfriend the fresh one. This one is a nice source of my current pain. Fuck, on paper? Perfect. We were into EVERYTHING. We met through WoW(Long other story I'll save for another day) Though we started off on a lie, she never told me how old she was and was lying about her family. AFter a few months she came clean, but I had a feeling something was wrong. I endured because I was just hooked into her. I figured you can work through anything if both sides try and actually want to.

The roadblock, there were two. We had a slight.. Well decent age gap between the two of us. She was also American and I'm Khanuckistanian. So there was a huge problem. Long distant relationships fail easily. Well we endured. The original plan was for her to get a scholarship here and go to school and I'd sponsor her. I was left with choices here.

It turns out Quebec almost has their own Separate immigration laws. She'd have to go through French tests(I can't even speak the fucking language) So I either make her endure that, or Move to Ontario. So I gave up two extremely Fucking amazing jobs and moved to Ontario when my father got a new job after his company of 38 years gave him the finger. Big mistake I had just made.

Fast Forward a few months, she got a kick ass scholarship, she was on her way to Ontario, I lied my ass off to my family because I was keeping her a secret, Spent the week at a friends place.. Well everything went to hell.. And she ended up back in the states and ditched the scholarship.. The real reason? I never found out.

Minor detail, she was also keeping me a secret to her family minus her brother. Her parents were interesting. Her stepdad was a fucking wack job so she had a lot of family issues. I dealt with it, was a little iffy about me being a total secret but I figured she'd come clean when we hooked up.

Every since the Ontario plan fuck up I started to feel weird. Like things were starting to die and I was still driving the car and not bailing. We had a rough patch where she became quiet for a few months. We ended up fighting because she felt it wrong to "Drag" me through all her changes and personal issues. I stood my ground and didn't want to abandon her (I was so totally fucking hooked I didn't want to leave) If ever there was a safe way to leave that relationship? That was it.

So the new plan became her applying to University there and I head over. EVERYTHING changed at this point. Up until now she was very quiet, shy, and kept to herself, She had few friends and rarely ventured outside to hang with friends. She was fucking hot.. Like sick hot.. So you'd look at her and go... Why don't you go out etc. She drastically changed. She started to be more social and had more friends. The downside? All her guy friends started to hit on her and all fell for her when she only wanted them as friends. Meanwhile I'm being dragged through this. I was so in love with her I was dealing but I got jealous and Paranoid fast.

I really started to worry when I found out she was moving into a Dorm.. Her + new found freedom = accidents waiting to happen. To save details (If you seriously want more.. PM me ) She broke up with me after we fought because for a few weeks she was super quiet and wasn't really talking to me much. We still stayed the same though... I didn't leave her side and I started to get dragged through her "Adventures" of University.. Eventually she walked away from me.

Now I met a new girl she's cool almost perfect match for me... Problem is I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me. It has been technically 9 months from my last girlfriend... But I'm still hooked on her.. So really.. My life is a fucking mess right now. I got zero money, I'm stuck waiting for Gov approval for my Student Loan.. And this lovely lady who is basically me with my last girl. She so in love with me and everything. We're meeting for the first time Monday (We've been together for 3 months...don't Ask) So I'm going to see if I can deal.

I'm really fucking sorry for writing so much, but I feel so much better right now for writing it. Sorry if it's poorly written and makes no sense It's all fueled by emotion..
Old 06-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #32
Chris_D
Colonist

I would say this could sit comfortably in the other thread. Just be prepared for a lot of armchair advice!

IMO, this girl sounds great so you should just stay the course. I suppose you've already mentioned your ex so I think it's ok to explain that she hurt you and you are still trying to get over her. I don't think you should say that you wish you were back with her though.
Sony could drop the price of PS+ to $1 a month and he'd still find a way to spin it in a negative light.
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #33
Shjinta
Old Picky Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_D View Post
I would say this could sit comfortably in the other thread. Just be prepared for a lot of armchair advice!

IMO, this girl sounds great so you should just stay the course. I suppose you've already mentioned your ex so I think it's ok to explain that she hurt you and you are still trying to get over her. I don't think you should say that you wish you were back with her though.
Yeah, 8 months for me really isn't enough time it would seem. Plus everything just happened SO fast with this new lady. I don't want to ruin everything just because I'm not use to it. I think I will post it in the other thread, Get some of that "armchair advice" lol
Old 07-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #34
LordDon
Terrible Yet Refined

You're meeting for the first time after being together 3 months and that's everything happening SO fast? Shinjita, you live at the timescale of an ent. I met a girl, fucked and dated her, half-lived with her, hung out with her kid, and then broke up in the span of 2 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandabo View Post
You can take my anus when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
LordDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #35
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
How old was the gf who kept you in hiding btw? I'm guessing 17 or 18 since she went to college right after. Ok, i'm really hoping she was at least legal...

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #36
fitbabits
The Cat Whisperer

Also, check your PMs.

Gamertag - fitbabits | PSN ID - fitbabits | Steam - fitbabits
fitbabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #37
Kielaran
Needs to NaNo

Dude, just relax and enjoy it. Don't overthink it too much. You have had a lot of shit happen to you in a fairly short time frame (as shown by this thread). Be open and honest, let he know about your situation (though talking for 3 months should have her already in the know), and enjoy it. If she is that gaga for you, then don't stress over everything. You are doing what you can in your life and if she is really interested, then she will just be there until you are in a good position. If she does that, then stick with her, because someone who is willing to be with you at a low point makes the high points that much better.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #38
Hawkzombie
Undead Avian of Canada

Well, if this new woman KNOWS all of your shit, and what you're going through, there are two things to keep in mind, and I mean REALLY keep in mind:

If she knows your shit and hangups, and STILL wants to be with you and there for you, accept that shoulder to lean on, and use it to help yourself up.

If she knows all your shit and hangups, and is there for you...DO NOT ABUSE IT. In fact, get the fuck over it ASAP. While she may be smiling and there for you every second, inside she's dieing a little because you are so obsessed and hung up on a woman who broke away from you. And she wants to be the woman you think about all the time. Which is why she is there for you.

Realize this sooner than later, or you may lose her as well.

It sounds like you're like me...meet women online, fall head over heels, and get stomped on (happened to me a few times before my wife )...If this new GF is that into you...embrace it. The other one? Forget about it.

I kinda felt the same way about the psycho tattoo girl I was into when my wife and I split. But then I realized she was using me for whatever reasons, and had a LOT of growing up to do. Hell, so did I. So I dropped her before my wife and I decided to get back together. I thought of her a bit at first, but that was quickly squelched as I realized I made the right choice.

Don't look back, or you'll walk past what you should've been looking toward.
PSN/Steam ID/BNet Tag - JaynesHat/Hawkzombie/HawkZombie#1136

There is the crazy HZ and the well refined logic and reasoning HZ. Both are pretty entertaining -Purple Santa
I love that Hawk exists to make every decision I make, no matter how self-destructive, look wise by comparison. -Ox
I just realized that for the longest time I've been getting you and Karak mixed up. -fitbabits
Hawkzombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #39
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkzombie View Post

I kinda felt the same way about the psycho tattoo girl I was into when my wife and I split. But then I realized she was using me for whatever reasons, and had a LOT of growing up to do. Hell, so did I. So I dropped her before my wife and I decided to get back together. I thought of her a bit at first, but that was quickly squelched as I realized I made the right choice.

Don't look back, or you'll walk past what you should've been looking toward.
I just think you should tell everyone they need a psycho tattoo girl in their life just once. Show you as proof. Now if you can stretch that into a book, you might have an Amazon best seller

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #40
Shjinta
Old Picky Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
How old was the gf who kept you in hiding btw? I'm guessing 17 or 18 since she went to college right after. Ok, i'm really hoping she was at least legal...
She was legal, I'm not that desperate like some people. She went to college later than most people.

I spent the day with the lady friend yesterday and it went a lot better than I thought it would. So we'll see how things go.