welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 04-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
ADDGirl
OTHER Ms. Claus

WeekEND gaming(4/6/12)- What are YOU playing?

Here comes Purple Cottontail
Hopping down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppin'
Easter's on its way!

Bringing every ADDgirl and Pale Ale boy
Baskets full of Easter joy
Things to make your Easter
Bright and Mags

He's got Blue Dragon for Spigot,
Colored controllers for Karak,
There's an Uno game for your Kato,
And an Easter basket too. Oh!

Hippity hoppin'
Easter's on its way!

Look at him stop and listen to him say,

“Try to do the things you should.”
Maybe if you're extra good,
He'll roll lots of Easter games your way.

You'll wake up on Easter morning
And you'll know that he was there,
When you find those chocolate xbox live achievements
That he's hidden everywhere.
Oh!

Hippity hoppity
Happy Easter Day!

This weekend I will be cooking and playing All Zombies must die. The weekend will also include crocheting.

What are YOU playing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
"Son, if I should die I want you too live with the man who gives me life advice on the internet. Him, his crazy wife with the knitting needles, and his nest of cat."
gamertag: addgrrrl
steam ID: addgirl
wii U: addgrrrl
ADDGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

Where is the Santa? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

I will play AssBro, trying to power through the awful main missions so I get the chance to destroy more towers build my BroGuild!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

If I can actually stay awake in the evenings this weekend I may actually game. Seriously, I've been so exhausted I've been falling asleep half an hour after I sit down to game, it's sad. Anyway, on the gaming slate this weekend:

Fallout: New Vegas I'm just finishing up running around the strip, then I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may start up one of the DLC missions, Honest Hearts or Dead Money if I do, but I may just do some random questing as well. Man, I love this game. Bethesda, how about a next gen Fallout announcement at E3? Please?

Borderlands So I caved and grabbed the Game of the Year Edition on my way home last night, so I'll likely pop this in. If anyone's playing on PS3 and wants to do some co-op at night tonight or Saturday night, that'd be fun. I'll either go it solo or drop in with randoms if I do play, I'm not sure which. I finally have a headset again after losing my old bluetooth a while back, so I can actually communicate.

That should just about do it. I'd like to get back to Jamestown, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. As with every weekend, Rayman Origins is always going to get played. My son and I are actually getting close to the end of the game, we're on the last series of levels as far as I can tell, so we may beat it. Then it would just be clean up left to play in the game for collectables, but that could take a while in itself.

EDIT: Oh, and a ton of Easter related festivities, celebrating the birth of the Easter Bunny. It's going to be a busy weekend for that, but it'll tire the kids out, meaning they should fall asleep quickly.
DananRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair
PSN ID: Gorvi - Steam ID: gorvivelgin

Last edited by Gorvi; 04-06-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Gorvi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
KamaItachi
Always ready!

My 5 year old is absolutely hooked on Star Wars Kinect, so I think that'll be spinning in my machine for a while. It's pretty horrible, to be honest, but there's something about seeing him so wide-eyed and awestruck about the experience that's hard to dislike the game.

If I get any time outside of Easter egg hunts and general house cleaning, I'm thinking of firing up Streetfighter X Tekken or ME3.

Live Id: Lambert is Dead

PSN: LambertisDead
KamaItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
ADDGirl
OTHER Ms. Claus

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddi900 View Post
Why do you assume I've done something? The Santa has many enemies... It could also just be that the Santa asked for a break
Quote:
"Son, if I should die I want you too live with the man who gives me life advice on the internet. Him, his crazy wife with the knitting needles, and his nest of cat."
Old 04-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
muddi900

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDGirl View Post
Why do you assume I've done something? The Santa has many enemies... It could also just be that the Santa asked for a break
That's what Courtney Love said!

Quote:
"An Internet."
Quote:
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
Pale Ale
Drive By Guest

Quote:
Well played good sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post

Borderlands So I caved and grabbed the Game of the Year Edition on my way home last night, so I'll likely pop this in. If anyone's playing on PS3 and wants to do some co-op at night tonight or Saturday night, that'd be fun. I'll either go it solo or drop in with randoms if I do play, I'm not sure which. I finally have a headset again after losing my old bluetooth a while back, so I can actually communicate.
but the PC is sexah! And you can delete the into ad/movies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
I will be roleplaying tonight with Ronin and another lan member. First game in this damn world. Already wrote two novels with of data for it...might be time to
What have to be calling it "Arg, Fuck This World"?

Sirens got me. Downloading the Sins:Reb beta as we speak! (I for one am shouting at the screen.)

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodwin View Post

I might not survive day two of sobriety. :\
Well if you are going old school aka abstinence that sucks. Now if you are going new school (better, modern) with recovery then relapse is part of the process. I'd say toss abstinence out the window to hit your neighbor in the head. Cheers!

Seriously, what are you doing trying to be sober as a college student?

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #9
muddi900

Also, I have the Winter bug. I started A Game of Thrones, and that's what I have been doing the whole day! Coming off Hunger Games, which I ended up enjoying, George RR Martin's prose is refreshing and brilliant. Hunger Games would have been a great book if Collins had chosen past tense in narration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaItachi View Post
My 5 year old is absolutely hooked on Star Wars Kinect, so I think that'll be spinning in my machine for a while. It's pretty horrible, to be honest, but there's something about seeing him so wide-eyed and awestruck about the experience that's hard to dislike the game.

If I get any time outside of Easter egg hunts and general house cleaning, I'm thinking of firing up Streetfighter X Tekken or ME3.

Quote:
"An Internet."
Quote:
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
Spigot
Turn Me

I'm finally peeling myself out of bed. Ug. I'm so achey & tired.

Let's see. I'm at the in-laws for the weekend. I have my laptop, Vita, iPad and 3DS, as well as a couple of Wii games if I can occupy the basement with the wii long enough to try out Xenoblade. I'm going to try to play Lone Survivor, Uncharted (Vita) and Kencho Bancho, plus Tokyo Beatdown will get taken for a spin.

Plus there's the Easter Egg hunt at the park tomorrow and then we're heading home on Sunday. Woo.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
Kelegacy
All Around Nice Guy

PC games. I have no idea what I'll play. I look at my shortcuts and pick one at random sometimes.

I need to play more Steam games; most of my big PC games I'm playing are non-Steam but I have my shortcuts running through there.

EternalGamer was a saint and sent me a code for the Indie Humble Bundle 4 I think, and also another game. Thank you good sir!

Easter Egg Hunt on my lawn Sunday morning. Last year my son had a blast. It was a great feeling watching him search the yard with this basket in hand. This year he's smarter so I'll...I mean the Easter Bunny will have to be more devious.

Last edited by Kelegacy; 04-06-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Kelegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #12
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelegacy View Post
PC games. I have no idea what I'll play. I look at my shortcuts and pick one at random sometimes.

I need to play more Steam games; most of my big PC games I'm playing are non-Steam but I have my shortcuts running through there.

EternalGamer was a saint and sent me a code for the Indie Humble Bundle 4 I think, and also another game. Thank you good sir!
No problem, I must had them sitting around. In fact, I think I have a few more bundle codes of our timing ever matches up.

Some good stuff there. Check out VVVVVVV first. COG and Crayon Physics are pretty cool too, though.
EternalGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #13
EternalGamer
Colonist

Spigot also needs to spend some quite time reflecting on the ending of Mass Effect 3 so he realizes how completely contradictory a lot of the bullshit Star Child says is and how lame the "differences" between the Skittles raimbow of endings are.

For me, probably some light PC gaming (Tidalis?) as breaks between reading sessions.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #14
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalGamer View Post
Spigot also needs to spend some quite time reflecting on the ending of Mass Effect 3 so
he realizes how completely contradictory a lot of the bullshit Star Child says is and how lame the "differences" between the Skittles raimbow of endings are.

For me, probably some light PC gaming (Tidalis?) as breaks between reading sessions.
You might want to spoiler that. And honestly, while I understand the annoyance at the lack of major differences between the endings, it was a non issue for me as I have been subscribing to the ONE TRUE PLAYTHROUGH approach to the series as a whole and been living with the choices I've made and repercussions of my actions for good or ill. I'm not saying it was a brilliant ending. It was merely ok. But the journey to get there was what I was in for and it more than delivered on that count.

And I've played so many JRPGs and watched so much anime that my mind just skipped along when the big blast of exposition happened. That was downright terse and straightforward compared to the narrative spaghetti many of those games tangle their endings into. I don't think it's contradictory as much as just poorly written and nowhere near as interesting as it could have or should have been. Plus I had imagined an ending so far beyond the pale in terms of outright suckage that this was tame in comparison to my mad ravings.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
And I've played so many JRPGs and watched so much anime that my mind just skipped along when the big blast of exposition happened. That was downright terse and straightforward compared to the narrative spaghetti many of those games tangle their endings into. I don't think it's contradictory as much as just poorly written and nowhere near as interesting as it could have or should have been. Plus I had imagined an ending so far beyond the pale in terms of outright suckage that this was tame in comparison to my mad ravings.
Well, I guess if you want to compare ME3 to an average JRPG then it comes out ahead, yes. But that's not really saying much for the game.

I will agree that overall it doesn't make the entire game suck. And the combat in ME 3 was by far the best in the series. But it was a lazy and sloppy way to send off the series. And also the fact that I had to pay an extra $10 out of the gate for that From Ashes DLC left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

I don't think the game is the devil or anything, but I'm glad EA and Bioware is getting the heat they are because Bioware, while still a good company, is definitely going down hill and becoming quite shady in the way they are taking advantage of their fans. I hope this serves as a reality check for them.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #16
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

We just saw an H&R Block agent for our taxes, so that's out of the way. I've got reading to do for some classes and work on a research paper (role of the Prophet in the Sufi tradition!) in another. My GTX 680 should arrive in the mail today, but my wife is hijacking the office because she needs isolation to concentrate on some project. I guess getting a doctorate in pharmacy is hard? I have my suspicions.

Still waiting for Utility Vehicle Simulator. I gave my money to them, and they took it. I sent them an email asking me where the PRODUCT I paid for was, but I've had no response. I may have to call my credit card company and cancel that payment if these guys don't get their shit together.
Amazon Author Page
Website
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
MagGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
Still waiting for Utility Vehicle Simulator. I gave my money to them, and they took it. I sent them an email asking me where the PRODUCT I paid for was, but I've had no response. I may have to call my credit card company and cancel that payment if these guys don't get their shit together.
Ugh, that's awful. I feel partially responsible, since I introduced you to the game.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #18
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Awesome Poem ADDGirl!

I will be roleplaying tonight with Ronin and another lan member. First game in this damn world. Already wrote two novels with of data for it...might be time to actually play the thing.
Then tommorow we are going to get back together at my house and play
Blood Bowl Team Manager
Talisman 4th edition
Dragon Dice too perhaps.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #19
Dr. DiSomone Masters IV
Colonist

Quote:
Mr. Santa is taking a vacation. We promise healthy outcomes at the sanitarium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDGirl View Post
Were it not you who signed the commitment papers?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
ADDGirl
OTHER Ms. Claus

Quote:
Why so mean?

Quote:
Also, I have the Winter bug. I started A Game of Thrones, and that's what I have been doing the whole day! Coming off Hunger Games, which I ended up enjoying, George RR Martin's prose is refreshing and brilliant. Hunger Games would have been a great book if Collins had chosen past tense in narration!
I have started reading A Game of Thrones too and I'm really enjoying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
Awesome Poem ADDGirl!
Thanks!
Quote: