welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 02-17-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekEND gaming(2/17/12)- What are YOU playing?

Boxes, boxes and more boxes. A Portal/2 Cosplay? Maybe a MGS one? Nope, simply moving day for Purple Santa and his Overlord ADDGirl. Finally.

What are YOU playing?

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
My TV is going to the new place today with the game consoles. Not sure how much gaming i'll be getting in since i'll still be at the old place until Sunday. When I do play, Shadow Broker and other DLC for ME2.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

I get my new gaming laptop tonight, so Tetris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #4
Pale Ale
Drive By Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
OMFFSM! It is actually gonna happen!

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #5
ADDGirl
OTHER Ms. Claus

Pretty excited for moving day, I'm totally not going to get in any gaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
"Son, if I should die I want you too live with the man who gives me life advice on the internet. Him, his crazy wife with the knitting needles, and his nest of cat."
gamertag: addgrrrl
steam ID: addgirl
wii U: addgrrrl
ADDGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Congrats, guys. May you get some well earned peace!

This weekend will be TOR, Rocksmith, and bitching over my feather mucking stupid tendonitis that pops up once in awhile to remind me of the abuse my body went through in the military. I'd chop off my left arm to silence it, but then how would I play video games?
Amazon Author Page
Website
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #7
LarsenNET
Colonist

Found out my debit card was compromised a couple of days ago. Fortunately my credit union caught it and I will have to go get another card this morning. The card is only a few months old so it wasn't the PSN debacle and I never re-entered it. I only use it on a few major sites, Amazon, Apple, SiriusXM, PayPal and of course Steam. I wonder if Steam's security breach got me...
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
Pale Ale
Drive By Guest

Maybe. Maybe not. IIRC Amazon suffers the greatest number of attacks of any website.

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
Spigot
Turn Me

Congrats to Purps & ADD! It's about time!

I'm off this weekend until Tuesday (hooray for Family Day on Monday), so I am going to hopefully get in some decent gaming time (and some sleep too).

Vita stuff (Vita) - I'm addicted to Lumines: Electronic Symphony and Escape Plan, but am planning to fire up Uncharted and Little Deviants later tonight if only to finally try them out. But Lumines... it's sooooo good.

SWTOR (PC) - Let's see if I can't get off Tatooine tonight. I've got sand in my britches!

Skyrim (PC) - I've got a little girl to save from some fanatics... so I can hand her over to a different cult. Wait, what?

MW3 (360) - This came in from the rental guys the other day. I think I've put in about 2 hours of play and am halfway through act 2. I love the setpieces... but that's all the game is. I'm debating if that's a good thing or not Regardless, I'll probably have the campaign finished this evening or next at the rate I'm going. I think there might be some shooting involved.

WWE All-Stars or Skylanders (360) - My son and I have been playing these games alternately after school when he gets his homework done. They're both just super fun games...I just wish I could find more Skylanders around somewhere!

Since the family will be home all weekend, we'll probably try to get out to one of the conservation areas or some such depending on the weather (everything is all muddy and gross right now... stupid freeze/thaw cycle) and I'm hoping I can drag the family off to see The Secret World Of Arietty too. I've actually managed to convince my wife to come with us to see Ghibli movies when they're shown on the big screen, so there's hope for her yet!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #10
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Congrats Purps and ADD on the move, it sounds like it should make life much easier for you guys.

So, what are my gaming related plans for this weekend? Well, aside from planning a covert trip to Canada to steal Spig's Vita, that is. I have no idea. I've been so ADD lately with my gaming it's stupid. Hell, I may as well just list what I'm wanting to play, because it could be any of the following: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (yes, Oblivion), Bayonetta, Battle Fantasia, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Terraria, Torchlight, Dark Souls, Back To The Future: The Game, Fallout 3: Point Lookout, and Rayman Origins. So yeah, one or more of those. I need help.
DananRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair
PSN ID: Gorvi - Steam ID: gorvivelgin
Gorvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
Squidbot
Schrödinger's vet

Surely you're his Overlady? Um...
Squidbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
MagGnome

Gorvi - I vote for Terraria or Amnesia. As long as it's something on the PC.

As for me, I need to get my butt in gear and write an essay for World Religions. My plan was to write most of it yesterday and then just go over it again today, but of course that didn't happen because I am lazy. So now I need to get the entire thing done today before I can hang out with friends this evening. Ugh, why do I procrastinate like this? It always comes back to bite me in the rear.

Other than that, I have a four day weekend, so hopefully a little gaming will happen. Tomorrow I am going to an exhibit at the history museum with a friend. It's all about the year 1968, so I'll get to see what life was like back in Purple Santa's day.

On Sunday I'm going to hang out with some friends for a little while and then start my application to the University of Minnesota. I'm off Monday as well, so I will continue my app and hopefully file my taxes. As far as gaming goes, if I do have time I will be playing the following:

Bastion - I've heard this is pretty short, so hopefully I can wrap it up within the next week or so.

Terraria - This game never really ends, but I'm loving it.

Adventure Game - Some sort of adventure game. I've been wanting to start one up for a while now.

Dwarf Fortress - If I start this up again, all hope of me playing anything else is lost.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
National Kato
Surfer Rosa

Finally! The big move!

At long last, I'll have my chance to beat ADD in Uno while she's distracted by new surroundings and unpacked boxes! Huzzah!!
Origin: NationalKato
Now Playing: Shadow of Mordor / Alien: Isolation / Destiny / Divinity:OS / FIFA 15 / Hearthstone / GTA V
[twitch.tv]
[smith.ink]
National Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
Karak
Press Start to Begin

So as I told Purps in IM yesterday. I lost my bonus and a day's pay for telling a co-worker to...hmmm "Please cease from ever talking to me again"

So today I am going to rework my financials a bit and make sure I have enough to get 2-3 games and still buy my new airsoft rifle.

And then I am going to rock out on the 3 day weekend.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
Kelegacy
All Around Nice Guy

Kingdoms of Amalur mostly. I was on a roll today, really digging the gameplay, and then the game fucking froze after a conversation.

I like the game itself, feels definitely like a much better Fable, but the conversations aren't very fun. Lots of fluff, should be trimmed down a bunch. So I can see myself avoiding a lot of talking in the game and just choosing the quest option dialogues.

The game makes me a bit sick though. It's strange. I have a nice tv, but it's about 5 years old now and is 60hz so the motion blur can be a bit much. This game requires a LOT of camera spinning during battles and just looking around, so not only did my eyes hurt last night from focusing, I felt pretty weary and quit earlier than I normally would have.

Anything over 60hz for LCDs is artificially created with extra frames, but I'd prefer it at this point. Our living room tv is bigger and better, so after the family goes to sleep tonight I might transfer my game out there on that 360 and see if I like it better.

This is the only game where it's really bugged me for some reason. Weird.
Kelegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelegacy View Post
Kingdoms of Amalur mostly. I was on a roll today, really digging the gameplay, and then the game fucking froze after a conversation.

I like the game itself, feels definitely like a much better Fable, but the conversations aren't very fun. Lots of fluff, should be trimmed down a bunch. So I can see myself avoiding a lot of talking in the game and just choosing the quest option dialogues.

The game makes me a bit sick though. It's strange. I have a nice tv, but it's about 5 years old now and is 60hz so the motion blur can be a bit much. This game requires a LOT of camera spinning during battles and just looking around, so not only did my eyes hurt last night from focusing, I felt pretty weary and quit earlier than I normally would have.

Anything over 60hz for LCDs is artificially created with extra frames, but I'd prefer it at this point. Our living room tv is bigger and better, so after the family goes to sleep tonight I might transfer my game out there on that 360 and see if I like it better.

This is the only game where it's really bugged me for some reason. Weird.
If you remember you and I discussed Fable 3 bothering me in the same way. I think i was you I was discussing this with ages ago. KoA does the same thing to me for some reason. I get pretty fatigued at times.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
National Kato
Surfer Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelegacy View Post
I'm just starting the game and I concur. I don't find myself with much incentive to cycle through the non-quest dialogue options, only to quickly read and skip through the long responses.
Origin: NationalKato
Now Playing: Shadow of Mordor / Alien: Isolation / Destiny / Divinity:OS / FIFA 15 / Hearthstone / GTA V
[twitch.tv]
[smith.ink]
National Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #18
AyeEmBored
He is bored.

For some reason, I'm in a good mood. Let's see how long that lasts.

This weekend's gaming? What I've been working on, Bastion and Record of the Agarest War. A bit of Football Manager will likely be played.

Smurfette has something scheduled every weekend from now until her graduation. Jazz Band, speech, spring play, prom... You name it.

AND she's feeling proud of herself because she got the song she wanted the MOST into the senior slide show.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #19
Bad Buddha
Windburnt wildman

I've got a phone interview scheduled with Bungie Studios IT on Thursday!

My son just left for new employee orientation at Google!

Might go on a benefit motorcycle ride tomorrow if the monsoons hold off. This ride was postponed from our earlier snowstorm. I'll probably go even if it does rain. I've got the proper equipment and it's always an interesting ride in weather.

My wife got home from Phoenix last night so Valentine's Day happened! She got me a gift card for Best Buy! might have to go see what looks like fun!

Re-reading The Hobbit. I don't think I've read it since the 70's.

More Skyrimage! Ran into my first bug: I killed on Hagraven before agreeing on the terms of death and compensation with a second Hagraven. So the journal said I had to kill Hagraven #1, when she was already dead. So I killed the other bitch and called it a character building experience.

Now my new horse has run off! Damn! I rode that nag all of 300 yards!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #20
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

I spent most of the week catching up on TV shows, so I didn't get much gaming done. Hopefully that will change this weekend, but I also need to get back to reading as well.

Kingdoms of Amalur - I'm still in the first town and haven't done any quests there yet. I need to see what's going on and then try to get to some new areas.

FFXIII-2 - I decided that I didn't want to rush through the postgame content, so I'm going to take it slow. Maybe I'll work on getting a few more fragments this weekend. I should probably play KOA some first though, just in case my FFXIII-2 addiction flares up again.

Congrats Santa and ADD for finally escaping. I hope it works out for you, and I also hope that her mom will be okay alone once you're gone.