Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   In Other News...May 29 (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=26660)

DoctorFinger 05-29-2012 06:39 PM

In Other News...May 29

- Mistakes happen. The venerable BBC accidentally used the United Nations Space Command logo from Halo on a news broadcast about atrocities in Syria when they meant to use the United Nations Security Council logo.

- Amazon Prime streaming video has been added to the Xbox 360 apps catalog. Additionally Microsoft will be holding a free Xbox Live weekend June 1-3.

- Bungie says that while they will have a few employees at E3 next week, they won't be making any announcements and won't even be at the show in an official capacity. Which means we likely won't learn anything new about their game for Activision.

- Today's hot trailer is for Among The Sleep, a horror game where you play as a 2 year old child. Look for it on the PC next year. (via RPS)

Lint of Death 05-29-2012 06:46 PM

That first bit of news is perhaps the best of the day.

Reverant 05-29-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorFinger (Post 1010117)
- Mistakes happen. The venerable BBC accidentally used the United Nations Space Command logo from Halo on a news broadcast about atrocities in Syria when they meant to use the United Nations Security Council logo.

While not being one to laugh at media gaffes during coverage of the mass murder of civilians, that is pretty silly.

Quote:

- Amazon Prime streaming video has been added to the Xbox 360 apps catalog. Additionally Microsoft will be holding a free Xbox Live weekend June 1-3.

From what I can tell, this is like Netflix, but with way less shit and uneven quality.

Quote:

- Today's hot trailer is for Among The Sleep, a horror game where you play as a 2 year old child. Look for it on the PC next year. (via RPS)
Okay, that's pretty cool.

Krispy 05-29-2012 07:33 PM

I am uncertain what one does in Among The Sleep other than crawl.

Reverant 05-29-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krispy (Post 1010145)
I am uncertain what one does in Among The Sleep other than crawl.

Probably a lot of pants-shitting. Which isn't unusual for babies, I suppose. I almost did watching this trailer. In fact, as I'm home alone, I couldn't even finish watching it.

Xerxes 05-29-2012 08:47 PM

Is there a "cry" button to summon the parents?

MosBen 05-29-2012 08:53 PM

Amazon Prime streaming may not be as good as Netflix, but it's come a long way. Plus, it's free if you get Amazon Prime, which gets you free two-day shipping from the store. That it's easier for some folks to access now just makes it all the better.

Vigil80 05-29-2012 10:33 PM

Some Spartans or ODST are just what we need in Syria.

That trailer does it's job. I'm not sure what else you'd do other than crawl either, but I definitely want to know more about the game. The horror genre is a good place for experimentation.

LongStepMantis 05-30-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vigil80 (Post 1010228)
That trailer does it's job. I'm not sure what else you'd do other than crawl either, but I definitely want to know more about the game. The horror genre is a good place for experimentation.

Good point. Remember the Fatal Frame series? I never thought a game revolving around using your photography skills to fight ghosts could be so terrifying.

Wolvie 05-30-2012 06:24 AM

OH hell no, fuck Among the sleep! There's no way I could play that. I'd be too concerned for the little kid, and scared shitless at the same time. While I have to give them credit for trying something new, and this looks pretty awesome, I still don't see myself playing it. Just watching that video was rough.

The part where the little guy was sitting on the foot stool, I almost yelled at my screen, "What are you doing? Get underneath something!"

Narradisall 05-30-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vigil80 (Post 1010228)
Some Spartans or ODST are just what we need in Syria.

That was my thought as well, maybe the Master Chief could sort things out.

muddi900 05-30-2012 06:47 AM

Space Marines are only allowed to fight Earth-side in case of an Alien invasion. Are you guys saying Bashar Al-Asad is an Alien?

Goronmon 05-30-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverant (Post 1010139)
From what I can tell, this is like Netflix, but with way less shit and uneven quality.

I thought so too, but then I found that they have way more episodes of Mythbusters on Amazon than Netflix does, which makes no sense, but whatever.

MagGnome 05-31-2012 06:30 PM

Among the Sleep looks fantastic.

I will never be able to play it. 0_o