Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Today's Must See Trailer: Reset (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=26416)

DoctorFinger 04-26-2012 07:04 AM

Today's Must See Trailer: Reset

I'll preface this with all of the usual boilerplate warnings: it's just a trailer, lots of poor games had great trailer, etc, etc. That said, the first trailer for Reset is something special, especially since it's all "from the in-game engine, no up-ressed textures, geometry or effects". Moreso when you realize developer Theory Interactive is really just a two person team operating out of a living room in Sweden Finland. Here's how the devs describe their game.
Quote:

Reset is a single player co-op first person puzzle game with a strong emphasis on story and atmosphere. The unique game mechanic in Reset is the ability to travel back in time to solve puzzles co-operatively, with yourself.
I'm a sucker for time travel puzzle games, from Braid to PB Winterbottom. No timetable for a release, but it will be a PC exclusive.

Source - RPS

Ink Asylum 04-26-2012 07:17 AM

That's a pretty good trailer. I've heard about this game before and I'll be keeping my eye on it. Since Portal brought the genre to prominence, I'm very interested in first-person puzzle games.

That being said, at this point the "time-travel co-op" mechanic is hardly unique, although it's normally been limited to 2D games.

Stmfuller 04-26-2012 07:35 AM

well, it's at least a pretty trailer.
But, I didn't see any actual gameplay. Will reserve judgement until then :)

menage 04-26-2012 07:45 AM

Looks awesome. But 2 guys from their livingroom bodes for a fucking long wait imo. If it hits at all.

Ink Asylum 04-26-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menage (Post 995294)
Looks awesome. But 2 guys from their livingroom bodes for a fucking long wait imo. If it hits at all.

Yeah. I love a good indie game, but if they're aiming to have graphics that look like what they've shown in the trailer then they're either aiming too high or the game will be pretty small in scope.

MagGnome 04-26-2012 07:58 AM

That was a nice trailer. My grow light (it's on a timer) popped on right as the robot lifted his hand. The timing made me jump a bit.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

kyrieee 04-26-2012 08:15 AM

Small correction: the devs are actually from Finland!

Gorvi 04-26-2012 08:17 AM

That was a great little trailer, and the gameplay sounds like it's right up my alley. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Being a first person puzzler reminds me I need to pick up Q.U.B.E. one of these days.

TheKeck 04-26-2012 08:58 AM

Want more gameplay.

Although, to be fair, I guess their description does say the game's emphasis is on story and atmosphere.

Exodus 04-26-2012 09:18 AM

Piano wins every time with me.

Hawkzombie 04-26-2012 09:29 AM

I'm interested in the trailer alone.

Narradisall 04-26-2012 10:46 AM

Interested, although I agree with some of the above comments, this game is likely going to be a long time coming with just 2 people making it, I thought I'd heard of other games doing time travelling co-op with yourself before, and I would like to see what type of game it's going to be from some game footage of it being played.

Still, interested. Will watch.

Gorvi 04-26-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narradisall (Post 995384)
Interested, although I agree with some of the above comments, this game is likely going to be a long time coming with just 2 people making it, I thought I'd heard of other games doing time travelling co-op with yourself before, and I would like to see what type of game it's going to be from some game footage of it being played.

Still, interested. Will watch.

It took me a second to think of it, but the last real Ratchet & Clank game, A Crack in Time, had a similar puzzle mechanic.

PathMaster 04-26-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrieee (Post 995315)

That changes everything. If they don't live in the same country as Lisbeth Salander, then I do not care!

Narradisall 04-26-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorvi (Post 995392)
It took me a second to think of it, but the last real Ratchet & Clank game, A Crack in Time, had a similar puzzle mechanic.

That might be it.

Hardly 'unique'.

Still, I'm interested if it's done well.

Squidbot 04-26-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Reset is a single player co-op
Say wha?
Edit: Oh, I see.
Pretty trailer. Meh.

evilgoodwin 04-26-2012 03:33 PM

I really want to know the story of this game. Looks beautiful.

Ink Asylum 04-26-2012 03:35 PM

The story seems kind of like a greener version of Wall-E.

Narradisall 04-26-2012 04:08 PM

You play the evil robot overlord, rebooted to cull the insidious trees that have grown while you slumber.

You are the Reaper of shrubs!

txshurricane 04-26-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorFinger (Post 995275)
Moreso when you realize developer Theory Interactive is really just a two person team operating out of a living room in Sweden Finland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrieee (Post 995315)

http://www.thepaltrysapien.com/wp-co.../12/Harvey.jpg