Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   In Other News...March 26 (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=26179)

Ghostbear 03-26-2012 07:23 PM

In Other News...March 26

- Today Robert Bowling announced his resignation from Activision and Infinity Ward via twitter. I like to think I am above making a joke about IW not really needing a creative director. Wait, crap.

- Max Payne 3 Preorder bonuses announced. If you preorder by April 15th from select retailers you'll get the Pill Bottle Loadout item, allowing you to carry more painkillers into battle.

- Starbreeze, developers of the recent Syndicate relaunch have announced that their next game will be free to play. They have not said what kind of game it will be, but it strikes me as an interesting tactic to staying in the "AAA" game market.

- Friends of the site, Eric Trautmann and Brandon Jerwa along with Steve Lieber have a new graphic novel called Shooters coming out April 18th. What is it you ask? I'll let them describe it:
Quote:

Shooters is an original graphic novel, a contemporary military drama that follows the path of a soldier from combat in Iraq, to civilian life, to his subsequent entry into the world of the private military contractor.

To help promote the upcoming book, they've created the "unofficial" Official homepage for Shooters over at Steel River Security. There you'll see behind the scenes stories, wallpapers for download, bonus content and interviews with the creators. Also, they named a character in the book after me, I assume I'll die horribly.

Spigot 03-26-2012 08:24 PM

I was going to comment that they'd written you into Shooters. I might just pick it up to see how you meet your demise :)

Ghostbear 03-26-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spigot (Post 980018)
I was going to comment that they'd written you into Shooters. I might just pick it up to see how you meet your demise :)

Man, I feel like they told everyone but me until last week. :D

Spigot 03-26-2012 08:29 PM

Maybe I've only known since last week. It's hard to tell when Trautmann is threatening to kill the fictional you vs. the real you on Twitter most of the time :)

Libuke 03-26-2012 09:03 PM

That book sounds pretty interesting.

Ghostbear 03-26-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spigot (Post 980024)
Maybe I've only known since last week. It's hard to tell when Trautmann is threatening to kill the fictional you vs. the real you on Twitter most of the time :)

I've long since stopped trying to figure it out. I think he threatens every man woman and child on earth at least twice a week. I'm special though, I get threatened at least 4 times.

Pale Ale 03-26-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spigot (Post 980024)

Maybe there is no difference?

Anybody else afraid that GB got hold of the news now?

Ghostbear 03-26-2012 09:13 PM

Shit man, I've had that for YEARS.

JayK47 03-26-2012 09:29 PM

Starbreeze is dead to me.

Reverant 03-27-2012 05:43 AM

More Pill Bottles? That may be the most useful pre-order bonus I've ever seen. I don't think I've used any of the special weapons that have come with my pre-orders thus far.

I'll be picking up Shooters. People love to slap yellow "support our troops!" ribbons on their cars, but getting them to read and try to understand the reality of our war is another thing. Books like this are great.