Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Indie Game Challenge Winners Announced (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=25852)

DoctorFinger 02-11-2012 06:53 AM

Indie Game Challenge Winners Announced

This past week's DICE conference was the setting for the third annual Indie Game Challenge, where independent developers from across the nation competed for a $100,000 grand prize.

The Grand Prize winner was Closure, the trailer for which is embedded above. Closure is a puzzle platformer where light means existence, literally. Only objects in the light exist, and you have to manipulate the light to navigate the levels. Closure is coming soon to PSN, with a PC release to follow at a later date.

The other winners at the award show:

Technical Achievement ($2,500) - Symphony

Achievement in Art Direction ($2,500) - The Bridge

Achievement in Gameplay ($2,500) - The Bridge

GameStop PC Digital Download Award - Symphony

Gamer's Choice Award – Voted on by the Public ($2,500) - Nitronic Rush

Past winners of the competition include indie hits like Limbo, Altitude and Cogs, so expect to be playing some of these games to death in the near future. You can see the rest of the finalists here.

Source - Joystiq

maharahaj 02-11-2012 07:13 AM

Closure and The Bridge both look really awesome. I think that I personally would get frustrated with trying to figure out the puzzles in The Bridge though.

I would also be throwing the controller while playing Nitronic Rush.

inmostlight 02-11-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maharahaj (Post 957246)
Closure and The Bridge both look really awesome. I think that I personally would get frustrated with trying to figure out the puzzles in The Bridge though.

I would also be throwing the controller while playing Nitronic Rush.

I really liked the original flash version of Closure, though also eventually got frustrated with it. I'll still probably check out the full version when it comes to PC.

The Bridge looks awesome. Love the art style and the ideas. This is the first I've heard of it, but will definitely keep an eye on it.

Spigot 02-11-2012 07:09 PM

Symphony looks really slick. Very Beat Hazard/Audiosurf-ish, but slick nonetheless. Lots of cool games that I am very much looking forward to.

I'm installing Nitronic Rush at the moment to see what it's all about.

Spigot 02-11-2012 07:19 PM

Ok. Nitronic Rush is a lot of fun. It has a few neat things that I WISH more racing games had and I love how much of a TRON rip-off it is :)

Lekon 02-11-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spigot (Post 957443)
Ok. Nitronic Rush is a lot of fun. It has a few neat things that I WISH more racing games had and I love how much of a TRON rip-off it is :)

I have to agree. Just downloaded it to give it a shot, and thoroughly enjoyed the tron ripoff style, the flashy air tricks, and the wings!

Actually, the best part to me was the jets for turning more tightly. Those are handy!

Spigot 02-12-2012 06:30 AM

Exactly. The little tight-turn jets are fantastic. I was playing The Run the other day and gave up on this switch-back track that would have benefited greatly from little jets.