Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marvel & Netflix's Iron Fist Trailer (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=33268)

DoctorFinger 02-07-2017 08:56 AM

Marvel & Netflix's Iron Fist Trailer

As they say in the trailer, the series starring "Final Defender" will debut on Netflix on March 17. Two more Marvel-Netflix collaborations are slated for release this year, the 8 episode Defenders series mid year, and the first season of the Punisher series set for later in 2017.

pomeroy 02-07-2017 09:29 AM

God who carrreeeeessssssss

digitalErich 02-07-2017 10:19 AM

Just what I always wanted, live action Iron Fist with shitty, awkward fight choreography.

Dorkandproudofit 02-07-2017 11:26 AM

To be fair, the trailer didn't give away much of the choreography. Besides, Marvel has yet to give us a bad Netflix series.

digitalErich 02-07-2017 11:40 AM

There's enough there to see that the fight scenes are cable-TV levels of meh.

But even Guardians of the Galaxy had terrible fight scenes, so I shouldn't blame funding.

muddi900 02-07-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorkandproudofit (Post 1358905)
To be fair, the trailer didn't give away much of the choreography. Besides, Marvel has yet to give us a bad Netflix series.

Take it you have not seen all the ones that came out after Daredevil.

Cactaur 02-07-2017 12:36 PM

How soon before he gets the mask? The jeri curl isn't working for me.

Sent from mobile

digitalErich 02-07-2017 01:48 PM

Also, no matter how good the Fraction/Brubaker run was, do we really need more 'white guys learns ancient martial arts secret from a monastery and becomes underdog hero' in media?

Even if you want to set aside the identity politics of that criticism (not me, but comics nerds, right?), the template itself is just fucking boring and old at this point.

DoctorFinger 02-07-2017 02:13 PM

It's the catch 22 for Asian actors. Studios and casting directors will always defend their decisions not to cast Asians in major roles by saying "there are no Asian actors with enough name recognition for the role", but then they won't cast Asian actors in roles where they can accrue name recognition.

digitalErich 02-07-2017 02:25 PM

Yeah and that's always the least convincing argument given that the studios are literally the ones in control of who has name recognition.

menage 02-07-2017 04:10 PM

But think it looks good, shrugs.

fitbabits 02-07-2017 04:21 PM

That was terribly underwhelming...

Dav Slinker 02-07-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomeroy (Post 1358879)
God who carrreeeeessssssss

Oh, man, pom. You're my favorite sometimes. I feel the same way.

Dorkandproudofit 02-08-2017 12:52 PM

So half-second clips containing barely ANY really clear images of choreography combined with shots of regular stances where they're just posing as opposed to actively fighting tells you that the fight choreography is awful? Wow, you guys must be the greatest experts in fight choreography known to man if you can make that judgement based on this trailer.

Seriously, they didn't even give much of the plot away aside from the very basic idea of his origin--plane crash kills parents, learns kung fu for years before returning. How the heck do you make an accurate call concerning the quality of the show and be so entirely certain as you guys sound, just based on that? I'll be reserving my judgements for the release, thank you very much.

Young Al Capone 02-08-2017 01:42 PM

Looks good enough to give it a shot to me, you bunch of negative Nancys.

Narradisall 02-08-2017 02:06 PM

I'll give it a whirl but I'm not in any rush to see it.

Negative doctor lady was the best part for me. She always says what I'm thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKeck 02-08-2017 02:08 PM

I didn't watch much of the trailer because I plan to watch the show and spoilers suck. :p

digitalErich 02-08-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKeck (Post 1359015)
I didn't watch much of the trailer because I plan to watch the show and spoilers suck. :p

Iron Fist punches a lot of stuff. Sometimes he kicks.

rekt

MagGnome 02-08-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalErich (Post 1359020)
Iron Fist punches a lot of stuff. Sometimes he kicks.

rekt

He also has a contentious and playful relationship with Hot Asian Chick, and of course they'll hook up. The show would have probably been more interesting if she had played Iron Fist instead of him.

So apparently they didn't cast an Asian person as Iron Fist because they wanted a known actor...but who the heck is this random white dude? I don't recall seeing him in anything before.

Edit - Apparently he is on Game of Thrones.

Dav Slinker 02-08-2017 04:35 PM

The fact they 'needed' a big name for a show when the marvel Netflix series already have a good cachet behind them... Worries me?

I'll check out at least the first episode, but I'm so lukewarm on this.