Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thor Ragnarok Teaser (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=33360)

DoctorFinger 04-10-2017 09:13 AM

Thor Ragnarok Teaser

There may not be any movie this year I'm looking forward to more than Thor Ragnarok, and this teaser just makes me more excited. The Thor films overall haven't been as good as the rest of the MCU output, but this new direction for the franchise looks like it was made just for me.

Ink Asylum 04-10-2017 09:30 AM

I might say the same if it weren't for Guardians 2 releasing in the same year.

While the Thor films have been the weakest MCU franchise so far this one really looks like it's set to change that. The big gag from this trailer put a huge smile on my face. Hemsworth plays such a great "bro" Thor and it's good that they're embracing that instead of forcing him to be bleak and stern.

TheKeck 04-10-2017 09:41 AM

Good news: That was pretty hilarious.

Bad news: It won't be when I actually see the movie.

Narradisall 04-10-2017 10:25 AM

I've enjoyed Thor anyway as a series but this one did look like it was pushing the bar higher.

Was a great joke, I do wish they held it for the film but that's trailers for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

menage 04-10-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ink Asylum (Post 1364407)
I might say the same if it weren't for Guardians 2 releasing in the same year.

While the Thor films have been the weakest MCU franchise so far this one really looks like it's set to change that. The big gag from this trailer put a huge smile on my face. Hemsworth plays such a great "bro" Thor and it's good that they're embracing that instead of forcing him to be bleak and stern.

I love Guardians, but have no clue about if the story is in anyway good. This for now looks like it has a bit more soul and substance. Man Thor vs Hulk aline looks sweet. And yay for Goldblum.

SilentScreams 04-10-2017 11:07 AM

I disagree with the idea that the Thor movies have been weak. I enjoyed the second one more than most of the other solo movies and the first one was a solid 7.

Exodus 04-10-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menage (Post 1364419)
I love Guardians, but have no clue about if the story is in anyway good. This for now looks like it has a bit more soul and substance. Man Thor vs Hulk aline looks sweet. And yay for Goldblum.

I haven't liked any of the thor movies but this one I know I would enjoy.

Story wise well, who watches movies for story any more. Well at least marvel ones anyway.

Wolvie 04-10-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentScreams (Post 1364423)
I disagree with the idea that the Thor movies have been weak. I enjoyed the second one more than most of the other solo movies and the first one was a solid 7.

I agree, the Thor films get a lot of undue hate. I enjoyed them as well. And IMO the weakest film in the MCU was Iron Man 2.

xoanon 04-10-2017 11:32 AM

Previous Thor films good or bad, this looks totally sweet and I am genuinely excited. It's hard to go wrong with Immigrant Song plus Tron-style title graphics, too.

Grifter 04-10-2017 12:02 PM

One of my biggest issues with the previous Thor movies is that they felt so small in scope. A movie about a Norse god turn superhero should feel much bigger. This looks to be remedying that.

digitalErich 04-10-2017 12:21 PM

I know this in unlikely, but I really hope this points to a Planet Hulk like movie.

DoctorFinger 04-10-2017 01:52 PM

This IS the Planet Hulk movie.

pomeroy 04-10-2017 01:54 PM

I'm pretty sure this is your Planet Hulk movie.

Edit: that's what I get for letting browser windows sit open

Exodus 04-10-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorFinger (Post 1364447)

But is it the planet hulk movie we were looking for?

Dukefrukem 04-10-2017 04:05 PM

Thor 2 was the worst entry in the MCU, by far. Had a lot to do with Jenkins leaving the project and them scrambling to find a filler.

This looks glorious. can't wait to see the GotG world clash with Asgard. Excellent preface into Infinity War.

digitalErich 04-10-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorFinger (Post 1364447)

Yeah, and that's why it's sort of a bummer in that aspect.

Dukefrukem 04-10-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalErich (Post 1364467)
Yeah, and that's why it's sort of a bummer in that aspect.

Agreed. But it would never be a true planet hulk movie anyway without the Fantastic Four / Illuminati. So I'll take this.

Primus 04-10-2017 05:07 PM

The tone of this seems to be cohesive with GotG, which is good as we begin to further bridge the arcs between space, magic, and super soldiers.

Throwing in my worthless two cents: Thor 1, Caps 1 ,and Iron Man 3 are my picks for the MCU duds.

Young Al Capone 04-10-2017 06:09 PM

Great trailer. Hela full helmet looked great, I am glad they are continually going more over the top and true to the look of the comics.

pomeroy 04-10-2017 06:29 PM

The idea that people keep naming movies other than The Incredible Hulk for worst MCU is craziness.