Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nintendo Switch Pre-Launch Tidbits (http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=33290)

DoctorFinger 02-23-2017 09:33 AM

Nintendo Switch Pre-Launch Tidbits

We're a little over a week away from the launch of the Switch console, and news outlets have had a little while to play with their review units.

- The Virtual Console won't be available at launch. Nintendo is characteristically not saying when the retro game storefront will be made available.

- A day one patch for the system will be required for things such as online MP, eStore access and linking Nintendo accounts.

- Some early reviewers are having problems with the controllers, including sync problems and issues using the JoyCons individually.

The Switch is sold out at all major online retailers, so these matters likely won't influence anyone's purchase next week, but anyone getting a system should be aware of these issues.

MagGnome 02-23-2017 11:36 AM

The VC news doesn't bother me as long as they get the service right this time. No more half-baked efforts like on Wii U and 3DS.

A day one patch was to be expected. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

The joycon syncing issues are concerning.

rein 02-23-2017 11:55 AM

I'm concerned about the controller syncing issues.

Young Al Capone 02-23-2017 12:24 PM

More reasons to wait, which I definitely need. Even with ubiquitous internet I hate day one patches, I guess I am just being petty but it rubs me the wrong way.

Wolvie 02-23-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Al Capone (Post 1360198)
More reasons to wait, which I definitely need. Even with ubiquitous internet I hate day one patches, I guess I am just being petty but it rubs me the wrong way.

Yep, even though I can afford it, I can definitely hold off now.

rein 02-23-2017 06:47 PM

GameXplain posted a youtube video showing the issue and a possible cause. This has me a bit more concerned. I don't want to have to worry about losing controller movement if I hold the controller wrong or someone walks in front of me. I can't really cancel the preorders because Tay and Hai want one. Maybe it will be used mostly as a handheld after all. This looks like an updated JoyCon will be released in a bit much like the updated Wii controllers.

pomeroy 02-23-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Al Capone (Post 1360198)

The day one patch thing doesn't bug me; they're hardly alone on this and it's not that big of a deal.

MagGnome 02-23-2017 09:13 PM

Yeah, I don't see why that would be a big deal. It's very common. I'm more annoyed by my devices that aren't kept updated, like my Moto X Pure. :mad:

muddi900 02-25-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagGnome (Post 1360248)
Yeah, I don't see why that would be a big deal. It's very common. I'm more annoyed by my devices that aren't kept updated, like my Moto X Pure. :mad:

Damn you lenovo!

Mot Wakorb 02-25-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddi900 (Post 1360387)
Damn you lenovo!

Sounds like most Android vendors. Always been my big problem with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagGnome 02-25-2017 05:57 PM

It's frustrating. The Moto X Pure is supposed to be a flagship and they promised it would get updates, but I'm on 6.0. I should just crack it.