PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys release T.O.

Sandman
03-05-2009, 04:26 PM
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=dal) officially released Terrell Owens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1056) on Thursday, ending a three-year run that produced as many big headlines as big plays.

"In the aftermath of the season, we talked about change," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in a statement. "Some of what is changing involves the process and some of it involves people. This is a decision that was made based upon consideration for an entire team.

"We will move on now with a new team -- a new attitude -- and into a new stadium. The evaluation process and the prospect for change will continue at every level of the organization."

Owens released a statement on his Web site thanking Jones, coach Wade Phillips and the organization "for the opportunity to be a member of the team for the past three years."

"A big thanks to the fans -- you've been awesome! I look forward to the upcoming season and continuing to play in the NFL," Owens added.
Cowboys receiver Sam Hurd (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10194) said Owens sent him a text message late Wednesday, saying he had been cut by the team.

"He didn't give me an explanation. He just said, 'Wow,'" Hurd said Thursday. "I really didn't believe that he seen that coming."

Hurd said Owens' reaction was "more shock than anger."
"He said it's tough, but it's a business," Hurd said.

Jones and his son Stephen told Owens and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, in person Wednesday in Florida to inform him of his release, sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

"Well, this was certainly a tough decision," Jones told the NFL Network at a league meeting in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. "And I have all the feelings that I should have as far as Terrell as the great player he is and the impact he has made. I do appreciate what he has been for our team. But we certainly felt that this decision is the way we ought to go."
T.O. is gone from Dallas....I thought that was the perfect team for him. Now everyone wants to know what locker room will he destroy next? I know ATL doesn't need him.

source (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3955413)

Johan
03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Oakland .

Troggles
03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
If it's not Oakland, it's no where. I think he's overstayed his welcome.

Now Roy Williams, on the other hand, will get some interest.

Sandman
03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
If it's not Oakland, it's no where. I think he's overstayed his welcome.

Now Roy Williams, on the other hand, will get some interest.

If I remember correctly didn't Randy Moss get bored in Oakland? If Randy Moss got bored with Oakland wouldn't T.O.?

Troggles
03-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm not saying that won't happen, but it seems to be the only team that will sign people who doesn't give a rats ass about their personality.

total
03-05-2009, 04:39 PM
If I remember correctly didn't Randy Moss get bored in Oakland? If Randy Moss got bored with Oakland wouldn't T.O.?

Randy kept saying that the 2-14 season the Raiders had discouraged him from actually trying that year. He came back to have an outstanding season in New England so it is hard to argue with him.

Sandman
03-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Randy kept saying that the 2-14 season the Raiders had discouraged him from actually trying that year. He came back to have an outstanding season in New England so it is hard to argue with him.

Actually now that I think of it it would be entertaining to see T.O.'s reaction to a season like that.

Aggort
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Rumors were stirring of Tampa Bay, why, I don't know. Oakland would be a nice fit

roboninja
03-05-2009, 04:46 PM
There are very few teams, seemingly. profootballtalk.com is starting to compile a list of teams that have already officially stated their lack of interest. This list is already 11 teams long, with a couple of obvious absences (Philly, San Fran).

Johan
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM

Moss dogs it far too often. He is one of the main reasons I was thrilled to see the Pats go down in flames in that SB.

DoctorFinger
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
The pundits are making New Orleans the early favorites to land him. I could also see Denver.

biosc1
03-05-2009, 05:25 PM
The pundits are making New Orleans the early favorites to land him. I could also see Denver.

Funny, I was also thinking of Denver. Could help with their profile in the media to bring in somebody like T.O.

roboninja
03-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Funny, I was also thinking of Denver. Could help with their profile in the media to bring in somebody like T.O.

Imagine their 4-wide set. TO, Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, & Eddie Royal. Scary. Cutler could have a huge year.

Troggles
03-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Cutler won't see them through his tears.

Esquilax1138
03-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Detroit Lions! Give him #16 as well.

Xerxes
03-05-2009, 06:29 PM
I wonder is Houston on the list. We like old people on teams.

Nerdious
03-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Football Player for sale! Get your football player here. (http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/spo/1061830901.html)

DoctorFinger
03-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Since he's a free agent, I can't see him going to any team that doesn't have an established, good QB. The Lions, the Texans, The Bears and the Vikes all have major question marks at that position. Where does that leave him? The thought of Peyton Manning throwing to him is pretty compelling.

Xerxes
03-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Damn straight the Texans have a question mark at QB. They can sugar coat Matt as much as they want but he's only a notch above Carr. Andre Johnson and T.O. would be a waste with out a solid QB.

Johan
03-05-2009, 06:35 PM
The thought of Peyton Manning throwing to him is pretty compelling.

Only if there's a brick inside each of the passes headed his way. :D

Xerxes
03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
The thought of Peyton Manning throwing to him is pretty compelling.
The just reminded me, they did get rid of Marvin Harrison.

Troggles
03-05-2009, 06:40 PM
St. Louis might be a possibility if they do give Holt his release.

cassiusregicide
03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
St. Louis might be a possibility if they do give Holt his release.

We have enough problems, thank you very much.

BabyJesus
03-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Just don't let Baltimore take him.. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That guy is a tard.

Edit: Just looked at the list and the Raven are on it... Yeah!

Also, I hope our defense can hold up without Scott and Leonhard(he was the man in the stretch last year). I was actually hoping that they'd let Lewis go, too much money for him.

total
03-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Actually now that I think of it it would be entertaining to see T.O.'s reaction to a season like that.

He would have said fuck it too. It is hard to get behind a team with a 2-14 season with little change.

As to The Vikings...yeah...I don't think we will see TO here. Our QB is still too young and inexperienced. Would be a waste of money.

Xerxes
03-06-2009, 01:52 AM
What sad is the QB I wanted for the Texans sat out last season. Damn you Vince Young. >_<

I honestly think he'd still be playing if he was in town. Anything would be better than Carr Jr. I also think the head coach needs to go back to offense coordinating. He ain't ready.

DylonCorp
03-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Just don't let Baltimore take him.. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That guy is a tard.

Edit: Just looked at the list and the Raven are on it... Yeah!

Last time Owens was up for grabs my Ravens got money and a draft pick just for ALMOST taking him. Let's not push our luck.

BabyJesus
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Last time Owens was up for grabs my Ravens got money and a draft pick just for ALMOST taking him. Let's not push our luck.

I am with ya there!

Its now being reported on NFL.com that he signed a 1 year, 6.5 million deal with the Bills.