PDA

View Full Version : Which game?

Raen
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Ok now normally this'd be a no brainer, but I'm on limited funds so it seems worth asking. I have a 25 Amazon voucher that I got for Christmas from an Aunt. Now I (finally) played the Tomb Raider: Underworld demo the other day and loved it. Amazon have the 360 version for 17.99 and the PS2 version for 16.96. Considering I'd like to get a book or something with the voucher as well, is it worth saving the money and buying the PS2 version? Or should I just go straight for the 360 version and enjoy the upgraded graphics? I know the money difference isn't a lot, but the voucher is the only money I can afford to spend on Amazon right now so I want to get the best value that I can.

As I was writing this out I realized that maybe you guys would tell me the overall Tomb Raider sucks, and I'd be better off buying something else with the money. Keep in mind that if you recommend something else it needs to be around the same price. I have a 360, a PS2, a DS and a reasonably good PC and I don't think I bought a single new game last year.

So any opinions?

Purple Santa
02-26-2009, 08:24 PM
I loved TR:Underworld. I recommend to play this game period. Essentially, it's the same game on the PS2 and usually I would say save the money and go with the PS2. Yet, the environmental puzzles rely on seeing the subtle differences to know where to go next. I don't know if the PS2 version shines graphically enough with this version. I wonder if anyone on here played the PS2 version. I do know the 360 version was gorgeous and a delight to play. If you liked the demo...you will love the game. The end sequence I thought was simply mesmerizing...

Wilkz07
02-26-2009, 08:36 PM
I played TR underworld and it was buggy, watched the g4tv/xplay review and it was full of glitches too.

I'd recommend Hitman Bloodmoney, Crackdown or even 50cent Blood on the Sand, though I'm not sure how much £25 is in USD/CDN.

Raen
02-27-2009, 05:36 AM
£25 is currently $37. I think I have Blood Money. I could get Crackdown, and it's pretty tempting actually.

Purple Santa do you think it'd be worth the extra £1 or so for the graphics?

TrackZero
02-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Crackdown, for sure.