PDA

View Full Version : 'South Central' DLC Announced for Midnight Club LA

DoctorFinger
02-25-2009, 10:35 AM
The club is once again open. Rockstar has announced the next piece of downloadable content for Midnight Club: LA. The South Central pack will be available for Xbox 360 and PS3 owners on March 12th, and will come in two 'flavors': free and premium.

The free version will give gamers four new neighborhoods to explore, increasing the map size by more than a third. The premium version will also give you these new areas, as well as a number of other new toys to play with.

· Nine new vehicles:
Luxury: 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG “Black”
SUV: 2008 Range Rover Supercharged, 2008 Range Rover Sport Super Charged
Lowrider: 1955 Chevy Bel Air, 1963 Buick Riviera, 1964 Chevy Impala, 1965 Chevy Malibu
Muscle: 1970 Chevy Chevelle, 1966 Pontiac GTO
· 26 new races
· 12 new battle maps
· 10 new delivery missions
· 100+ new red light races
· New rims
· New body kits for each new car
· New vinyl pre-sets
· Hydraulics/Airbags unlocked on all new cars
· New music

The premium pack, which will be available the same day as the free version, will run you 800 MSP/$10.

Dukefrukem
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
yay DLC for the worst sandbox racing game out!

Restlessavenger
02-25-2009, 11:44 AM
I really enjoyed the game, of course maybe that stems from me living in the area. It was refreshing to see just how well they had captured the city. The recent update did a lot to improve the gameplay.

I'll probably pick this one up when it comes out.

Disgustipated
02-25-2009, 11:51 AM
yay DLC for the worst sandbox racing game out!

Yay, stupid moron making baseless insults against a game he probably hasn't even played. All of the Midnight Club games have been good, perhaps you forgot about the awful sandbox racer that is the new Need For Speed?

Purple Santa
02-25-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm tempted to try this series out. All the DLC makes me even more tempted. Plus I've seen good comments on the game around here so...maybe time to make this purchase.

Restlessavenger
02-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm tempted to try this series out. All the DLC makes me even more tempted. Plus I've seen good comments on the game around here so...maybe time to make this purchase.

It's a good game. Like all Midnight Club games the rubberbanding can get a bit annoying in the late game, but that just keeps most races interesting.
I played it on the PS3 and the 360 and preferred the PS3 version myself.

biosc1
02-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Didn't they fix a lot of the stuff in a patch after release? Reduce the rubber-banding, level out the difficulty level, etc?

If so, I may pick this game up. I loved the games on the XBox.

Right...here (http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_5329/Midnight_Club_Los_Angeles_Patch_-_Makes_Game_Easier)

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->The update is intended to improve the gameplay balance and AI by adjusting dynamically to user skill level. However, Rockstar have pointed out that the update does not add rubber banding to opponent cars. In fact, the patch is designed to make the game easier for novice players who have complained about the tough level of early races. Opponent cars will now screw up a little more often in green and yellow races, allowing players to progress more easily. Red races will remain difficult as ever. Rockstar can tweak the AI difficulty as much as they want, but multiplayer is where it is at, anyhow. The Xbox 360 update also adds support for additional leaderboards for tournaments on the Rockstar Games Social Club, broader multiplayer match searching, and upgraded streaming and performance.

Dukefrukem
02-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Didn't they fix a lot of the stuff in a patch after release? Reduce the rubber-banding, level out the difficulty level, etc?

If they did i didn't know about it. Played it for the first week it was out and then sold it. Worst game I ever bought in the past 3 years. Worse than Lair!

Grifter
02-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Yay, stupid moron making baseless insults against a game he probably hasn't even played. All of the Midnight Club games have been good, perhaps you forgot about the awful sandbox racer that is the new Need For Speed?

Watch the personal attacks Disgustipated.