PDA

View Full Version : Next game you are planning to buy?

Karak
10-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Anykind, Board, CCG, dice. Anything.

Me, I am getting more Dragon Dice. And after that, well I just purchased Dragonmech.

Evewalker
10-07-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm waiting for Dust Tactics (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/36367) to hit. Not sure when, but FFG has been coming out with some great stuff lately.

Vyzov
10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I want to pick up Catan: Traders & Barbarians (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/27760) some time soon.

pheriannath
10-07-2008, 10:07 AM
4.5 Edition Upgrade to my Talisman 4.0 box.

TheKeck
10-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Perhaps... Phoenicia? Maybe Sabateur?

Virtual Machine
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Lord of the Rings: The Roleplaying Game from Decipher. Always wanted to try this out, and one of my local shops has a few copies. I hear it's getting tough to find or something.

Troggles
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Scrabble. Or maybe monopoly.

kidkimura
10-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Memoir '44 - Mediterranean Theater or the air pack. No local stores have them though.

pseudopseudo
10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
My brother and I have been thinking of picking up a analog version of Catan.

If it's not that, we're definitely picking up another expansion or two to "Zombies!!!".

GrenMag
10-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Arkadia (http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=6), no question.

Rogue_hunter
10-07-2008, 05:13 PM
A full set of dice. As of right now, I only have a single d20, and that's from the PA Adventures Episode 1 CE.

I also think I might pick up some of the Munchkin boosters.

maharahaj
10-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, seeing as I am trying to buy less games, I would have to say that Gears of War is the only definite purchase I have planned coming up. Typically, this time of year, I'd be going ape shit crazy buying games but saving for a future house prevails (until Toys R Us has their usual October Buy 2 Get 1 extravaganza which always kills me). Also, maybe Rock Band 2.

Edit: and Chrono Trigger DS

Double Edit: Didn't realize this was in the ANALOG thread. My bad.

Phades
10-07-2008, 06:14 PM
I just bought Blokus Trigon. I love the original and heard this one is even better.

GrenMag
10-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Awesome call, Phades! I think I'm dreaming of a Blokus Christmas for my wife. We started playing the original with a friend of the family and things quickly got deliciously vicious.

The Doctor
10-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Hard to choose, one of the following:

Wild Talents 2nd Edition (http://www.arcdream.com/wildtalents/home.php)
Don't Lose Your Mind (http://www.evilhat.com/home/?page_id=700)
Spirit of the Century (http://www.evilhat.com/home/?page_id=103)

Wild Talents 2nd isn't out yet, although the Essential Edition is. (Just the rules, no fluff.) I already have Don't Rest Your Head, which DLYM is a supplement for, and it's cheap. Spirit of the Century has been beckoning for some time, and I'd like to get a friend/fellow GM to run it for our other group..

KingGorilla
10-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I am trying to rustle up a D and D 4 campaign, but most of my nerd friends are off at the moment. Any D-town area uber dorks out there?

mightbe
10-07-2008, 09:40 PM
WoW TCG cards for drafting.

Then probably WoW Minis.

Goddamn I'm a UDE whore.

pomeroy
10-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Ants in the Pants.

BLeeP
10-07-2008, 09:51 PM
WoW TCG cards for drafting.

Then probably WoW Minis.

Goddamn I'm a UDE whore.

I am intrigued by this.

To the Googlenets!

mightbe
10-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I am intrigued by this.

To the Googlenets!

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wowminis/en/

Phades
10-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Awesome call, Phades! I think I'm dreaming of a Blokus Christmas for my wife. We started playing the original with a friend of the family and things quickly got deliciously vicious.

My wife and I had a while there where we were playing blokus every night. Whenever friends would come over, we'd break out the blokus for some 4-player action. Just a fantastic game.

Played a few games of Trigon now and it's very good! It's a similar idea to Blokus, but feels VERY different. It's much harder to wall someone in.

BLeeP
10-07-2008, 10:17 PM
http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wowminis/en/

The minis look great, and I'm very happy about the way game play seems to work. I don't want to break out any rulers!

It honestly is what I would hope: Heroclix type game play with WoW rules and flavor. Sadly, it seems like it would get very pricey very quickly, but I suppose that is how it goes for all miniatures.

mightbe
10-07-2008, 10:22 PM
The minis look great, and I'm very happy about the way game play seems to work. I don't want to break out any rulers!

It honestly is what I would hope: Heroclix type game play with WoW rules and flavor. Sadly, it seems like it would get very pricey very quickly, but I suppose that is how it goes for all miniatures.

I played the demo at PAX and I have to say that the system they're using is very true to WoW and extremely fun.

My advice to you if you're planning to get into the game is to buy the starter set and a few booster and then supplement your collection with cheap pieces off of ebay. The prices in the online secondary market usually become extremely reasonable a few months after release.

BLeeP
10-07-2008, 11:13 PM
I played the demo at PAX and I have to say that the system they're using is very true to WoW and extremely fun.

My advice to you if you're planning to get into the game is to buy the starter set and a few booster and then supplement your collection with cheap pieces off of ebay. The prices in the online secondary market usually become extremely reasonable a few months after release.

Thanks for all of the info. Any word on if the loot cards will be unique to this game, or just a random chance to get one that is already available in the trading card game? We like the loot cards in this household.

mightbe
10-08-2008, 02:01 AM
Thanks for all of the info. Any word on if the loot cards will be unique to this game, or just a random chance to get one that is already available in the trading card game? We like the loot cards in this household.

Loot cards are currently going to be recycled ones from the TCG. There may be some mini game exclusive items later on though.

Wolvie
10-08-2008, 02:11 AM
Edit: Post edited due to stupidity.

BLeeP
10-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Loot cards are currently going to be recycled ones from the TCG. There may be some mini game exclusive items later on though.

That's neat, as I would think it would mean loot cards would be, overall, more abundant. Although, I suppose that would depend on the ratio they apply to the minis boosters.

mightbe
10-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Me? I'm getting Guitar Hero World tour. The wife wants it, and I love them music/rhythm games, so why not.

... I didn't want Fable 2 anyways.

Heheh. Unplugged games in this thread, friend.

mightbe
10-08-2008, 02:30 AM
That's neat, as I would think it would mean loot cards would be, overall, more abundant. Although, I suppose that would depend on the ratio they apply to the minis boosters.

1/6 for the commons
1/24 for the uncommons
and
1/96 for the rares

This is the current split for the TCG and I imagine it will be similar or more common for the minis packs (depending upon the price point).

Wolvie
10-08-2008, 02:38 AM
Heheh. Unplugged games in this thread, friend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/WOLVERYNE/head_in_hands.jpg

...guh. That's what I get for not reading the OP. I R Speshul.

Cyrillus
10-08-2008, 05:13 AM
Monty Python Fluxx (http://fluxxgames.com/pics/SampleMPFcards.jpg)

mrnastybutler
10-08-2008, 06:29 AM
I'm looking into that new Anima RPG that's in translation by Fantasy Flights. Though there is no ETA on when it will be completed.

Karak
10-08-2008, 09:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/WOLVERYNE/head_in_hands.jpg

...guh. That's what I get for not reading the OP. I R Speshul.

Hell I started an ENTIRE thread about Pox Nora here.
Dumb is the new dum.

J Arcane
10-08-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm looking into that new Anima RPG that's in translation by Fantasy Flights. Though there is no ETA on when it will be completed.
Apparently it IS completed, and some folks got ahold of it at Gencon or somewhere, but as to when the rest of the country is supposed to finally get access to it, I never did figure out.

Me, my next purchase is probably gonna be WFRP, or Battlestations. I'm also gonna need the monster book for Dark Heresy as soon as it comes out. I've been tempted lately to pick up the new 5th ed. 40k box, but I think I'll probably pass on getting back into that game. GW's prices have just gotten absurd.

Young Al Capone
10-08-2008, 12:38 PM
I have been contemplating Polarium for some time, though that isn't the type of game I usually want this one has my interest. Otherwise I am considering finally getting Axis and Allies, cause I hear good things and also hear that it is a war game that a normal person can play.

I have been having a hard time deciding between Return of the Heroes and Dual of Ages for a while now, but I don't even know that I know anyone willing to play those with me. Cave Troll and Drakon are also battling for my attention, for quick plays with people who don't want to learn a shitton of rules.

Virtual Machine
10-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Drakon was a regular of a board game group i was a part of. TONS of fun.The Game of Thrones board game was always good for a laugh (and for making each other severely fucking hostile!) and Arkham Horror was very very cool as well.

Lately we've been playing one called Shadow Hunters (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/24068), which is a blast!

SPBTooL
10-08-2008, 12:58 PM
chutes & ladders.

What?

Young Al Capone
10-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Drakon was a regular of a board game group i was a part of. TONS of fun.

I haven't heard a solid recommendation for either yet, as no one I know has played either, but have been leaning towards Drakon. At only $20 and now with your recommendation I will probably pick it up before the weekend.

Shadow Hunters looks awesome, but I very rarely have more than a couple of friends to play with. I used to go to the local game store, but some board game nerds are seriously intense fuckers.

Virtual Machine
10-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I haven't heard a solid recommendation for either yet, as no one I know has played either, but have been leaning towards Drakon. At only $20 and now with your recommendation I will probably pick it up before the weekend.

Shadow Hunters looks awesome, but I very rarely have more than a couple of friends to play with. I used to go to the local game store, but some board game nerds are seriously intense fuckers.

Yeah the "ring leaders" of our little clan are pretty intense fuckers too. I generally tend to drive everyone batty as i'm completely unpredictable.

LongStepMantis
10-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Monty Python Fluxx (http://fluxxgames.com/pics/SampleMPFcards.jpg)

Me and the wife play Fluxx (regular edition) all the time with friends.

I would love the hell out of that version. Then again I'm simply a whore for all things Monty Python. I think I'll go watch some right now. :D

mrnastybutler
10-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Apparently it IS completed, and some folks got ahold of it at Gencon or somewhere, but as to when the rest of the country is supposed to finally get access to it, I never did figure out.

I've located the European book. I think it was Italian since I didn't recognize the language. I'm surprised that they haven't done a full release if people got it at Gencon.

*EDIT*
I just checked their website and they have it up for sale it states.

J Arcane
10-09-2008, 02:28 PM
I've located the European book. I think it was Italian since I didn't recognize the language. I'm surprised that they haven't done a full release if people got it at Gencon.

*EDIT*
I just checked their website and they have it up for sale it states.
FFG is horrible at communicating with the public.

Also, the EU version you found was probably Spanish, as that's the original language it was written in.

SilentScreams
10-10-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm considering picking up Talisman for the sake of nostalgia.
I used to play it all the time with my friends when we were kids, but I have no idea where it is now.

quidmonkey
10-10-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.shopncsx.com/images/products/detail/korg_ds10_shop.gif

Young Al Capone
10-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Once again someone didn't check the OP. I forgive though, because I too cannot wait for the DS-10.

Karak
10-10-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm considering picking up Talisman for the sake of nostalgia.
I used to play it all the time with my friends when we were kids, but I have no idea where it is now.

I have both the 3rd and fourth editiions and still suggest the 2nd edition with its edits. I found that the games ran a bit better and some of the fan expansions(namely the Troll expansion) are incredible. Mystic Brew makes for good times as well.

SilentScreams
10-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I have both the 3rd and fourth editiions and still suggest the 2nd edition with its edits. I found that the games ran a bit better and some of the fan expansions(namely the Troll expansion) are incredible. Mystic Brew makes for good times as well.

Thanks for the heads up. I would have probably just bought the latest version.
I can't remember which version I played as a kid.

Evewalker
10-10-2008, 09:57 PM
FFG is horrible at communicating with the public.

Seconded. It's a shame, too, since they have some stellar games on the market.

Attempting to get any sort of event support out of them is difficult, though.

J Arcane
10-10-2008, 11:17 PM

There's a part of me that wonders if that's not exactly why GW gave them the Warhammer RP licenses.

But in all fairness, while the level of marketing for the games has been dismal as hell, they do at least seem to be intent on supporting the games.

But still, what more could GW hope fore when it comes to nullifying the threat of RPGs than a company that's lucky to even announce a release date for their games?

Evewalker
10-10-2008, 11:45 PM
There's a part of me that wonders if that's not exactly why GW gave them the Warhammer RP licenses.

But in all fairness, while the level of marketing for the games has been dismal as hell, they do at least seem to be intent on supporting the games.

But still, what more could GW hope fore when it comes to nullifying the threat of RPGs than a company that's lucky to even announce a release date for their games?

Good observation on the WH:RP license situation.

It's weird, because FFG seems to be extremely adept at supporting virtually their entire line with everything from timely rules errata to internet extras. Considering few companies go that extra mile these days, I give them a ton of credit for that.

On the other hand, direct communication with players, retailers, and event coordinators (and in my case, convention support) is difficult at best, and non-existent at worst. Considering how smoothly I've worked with people from WotC despite all the horror stories of their support system, it's surprising.

Hell, I've bumped into FFG reps and employees who are absolutely awesome folks, too, but as a company, they seem to be a bit out of focus. Ah, well. It could just be due to them being utterly overwhelmed by success. :)

KingGorilla
10-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I would love to get a D and D 4 campaign going. But I have neither a convenient shop, nor local friends to do it with.

I am considering a trip to the next Gen Con, maybe meet up with some GWJers, and see about finding some board games.

Karak
10-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Hell, I've bumped into FFG reps and employees who are absolutely awesome folks, too, but as a company, they seem to be a bit out of focus. Ah, well. It could just be due to them being utterly overwhelmed by success. :)

Usually what this means is their structure is missing one componant. Usually a press employee or someone who understands communications and since this is normally a 0 FTE billable employee its hard for some companies to get it.
I for one love them and since they seem to be going freakishly strong I support them with my money and hope.

Schnoogs
10-13-2008, 09:23 AM
oops...wrong forum

Borthcollective
10-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Dungeon Twister - Fire and Water or Abberant's Warlands.

Young Al Capone
10-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Dungeon Twister - Fire and Water or Abberant's Warlands.

Are those expansions?

You must be the only dude I have ever met besides myself who knows of Dungeon Twister. It is a shame because it is such an awesome game. None of my friends will play with me, mostly cause they ain't got the skills.

Karak
10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I would have probably just bought the latest version.
I can't remember which version I played as a kid.

Probably 2nd. it can get expensive online Ebay and such. You could just by the 3rd or 4th and change a little bit if you want to save cash.
Talismanisland.com should be your first stop for expansions.
Mystic Brew is a game by itself.
Amazing stuff.

Scull
10-15-2008, 08:57 PM

What? I love the FFG guys and work with them on getting events set up for PAX and GenCon. In fact it is because of Todd and his crew that I am the happy owner of a copy of Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, long before it ever hits stores. They hooked us up with enough copies of Starcraft last year to run a tournament, and BSG this year for the same purpose.

If you have an event that you think they might be intereseted in supporting, let me know and I will put you in touch with them.

As for my next game, I'm pretty sure it will be Agricola, as that game is simply fantastic and addicting.

Scull
10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
I have been contemplating Polarium for some time, though that isn't the type of game I usually want this one has my interest. Otherwise I am considering finally getting Axis and Allies, cause I hear good things and also hear that it is a war game that a normal person can play.

I have been having a hard time deciding between Return of the Heroes and Dual of Ages for a while now, but I don't even know that I know anyone willing to play those with me. Cave Troll and Drakon are also battling for my attention, for quick plays with people who don't want to learn a shitton of rules.
Al, the only viable choice you have here is Duel of Ages. Go get it now. Great game. The lead designer is my uncle so I have to say that :)

Scull
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Are those expansions?

You must be the only dude I have ever met besides myself who knows of Dungeon Twister. It is a shame because it is such an awesome game. None of my friends will play with me, mostly cause they ain't got the skills.
I have tried for the past three years to get a decent DT tournament running at PAX but haven't had much luck getting copies of the game or enough interested players :( Maybe next year.

Borthcollective
10-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Are those expansions?

Fire and Water is an expansion. It is the 4th expansion but due to it's rather poor reception in the rest of the world they waited to put it out until now.

Abberant's Warlands is a 20mm mini game. Think Mad Max and Night of the Living Dead. You have troops and vehicles. Nothing is prepainted so it's a hobbyist game. There is no official site for it yet even though it releases in November.

Wilkz07
10-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Stratego is my next board game. Its 19.99 at Toys'R'Us, just haven't gotten over there yet.

Maybe a booster pack for Horror Clix

Young Al Capone
10-16-2008, 06:33 AM
Fire and Water is an expansion. It is the 4th expansion but due to it's rather poor reception in the rest of the world they waited to put it out until now.

I really need to pick up some of the expansions for this game, but I haven't even had anyone to play it with me for awhile now.

Abberant's Warlands is a 20mm mini game. Think Mad Max and Night of the Living Dead.

Sounds pretty damn sweet.

I have tried for the past three years to get a decent DT tournament running at PAX but haven't had much luck getting copies of the game or enough interested players :( Maybe next year.

If I finally make it out to PAX next year this would be awesome.

Al, the only viable choice you have here is Duel of Ages. Go get it now. Great game. The lead designer is my uncle so I have to say that :)

I have been leaning that way anyway. Hearing that you can do stuff like have Ghengis Kahn on a motorcycle with a rocket launcher in your party is something that is just too good to pass up.

pseudopseudo
10-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Stratego is my next board game. Its 19.99 at Toys'R'Us, just haven't gotten over there yet.

Maybe a booster pack for Horror Clix

Stratego is way, way sweet. I played for the first time about a month ago (when my brother moved in, he had it with him) - not too big of a learning curve, but you could spend quite some time formulating strategies, for sure.

My brother was dumb enough to let me know the strategy he generally uses - by the end of game 3, I was using his strategy against him. :)

biosc1
12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Jeesh...just went to the local game store to grab a copy of Go (http://www.drexollgames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=go) (jeesh, good boards are expensive) for a Christmas gift and I browsed all the games on the shelf...there are so many interesting games, my head almost exploded at the possibilities :o

AliasRomanian
12-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Jeesh...just went to the local game store to grab a copy of Go (http://www.drexollgames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=go) (jeesh, good boards are expensive) for a Christmas gift and I browsed all the games on the shelf...there are so many interesting games, my head almost exploded at the possibilities :o

If you really want to make your head explode, check out boardgamegeek.com OMG!!!

Tron
12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Left 4 Dead this friday. I've earned it once school is out for winter break.

Scull
12-09-2008, 02:55 PM

Exploded at the possibilities? Is this because you aren't an avid boardgamer and don't get to game shops often enough, or because you are and avid board game player and don't make it to the game store often enough and were overwhelmed with the good choices?

This is simple either way, if you are new to boardgames let us guide you and recommend great starter games for you (Zombies!!! or Fluxx are both good fun and very easy to learn for example)

If you just need recommendations of good games and are an experienced player try Agricola.

There's no such thing as too many choices. :)

Scull
12-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Left 4 Dead this friday. I've earned it once school is out for winter break.
Psst...tabletop games around these parts buddy ;)

Tron
12-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Psst...tabletop games around these parts buddy ;)

Oh...well that's just flat out embarrassing!

Well in that case has anyone heard of an Italian card game called Bang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang!)?

Just played that for the first time the other night.

LongStepMantis
12-09-2008, 03:01 PM
My wife and I were talking about how hard it is to find cool, entertaining board games nowadays. We talked about old board games like HeroQuest, Fireball Island, even Key to the Kingdom.

Anyone have some suggestions along those lines, but possibly newer and less out-of-print? I'm not that keen on paying $100+ for a copy of Fireball Island on e-bay. Key to the Kingdom was like $160. Sigh.

AliasRomanian
12-09-2008, 03:37 PM
My wife and I were talking about how hard it is to find cool, entertaining board games nowadays. We talked about old board games like HeroQuest, Fireball Island, even Key to the Kingdom.

Anyone have some suggestions along those lines, but possibly newer and less out-of-print? I'm not that keen on paying $100+ for a copy of Fireball Island on e-bay. Key to the Kingdom was like $160. Sigh.

You might like pandemic (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/30549), it's pretty different from other boardgames where you play together to try to eradicate a virus. It's also pretty cheap at boards and bits (http://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=20220).

Also you can never go wrong with lost cities (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/50) :), my favorite 2 player game.

pseudopseudo
12-09-2008, 03:39 PM

There's a new game out there called "Tomb" that my brother and I have been eyeing for the past couple of weeks. Runs about $40-$60, depending on where you shop.

Damn, I miss HeroQuest. My copy got lost one of the last times I moved. :(

Scull
12-09-2008, 05:13 PM

Dungeon Twister
Fluxx
Talisman
Killer Bunnies
Heroscape
Runebound
Red November
Munchkin (and variants)
Munchkin Quest
Roborally

KamaItachi
12-09-2008, 05:48 PM
4.5 Edition Upgrade to my Talisman 4.0 box.

Is there a solid date for that?

I have been looking for a cheap version of either Zombies! or Arkham Asylum.

Xerxes
12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Fable 2, Gear 2 or LoTR Conquest.

Ondo
12-09-2008, 06:34 PM

Along the lines of HeroQuest, you might try Descent: Journeys in the Dark (http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=5) from Fantasy Flight Games. I've enjoyed it the few times I've managed to get a group together. They've got the rules available here (http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent/descentrules.pdf), so you could browse through them and see if it looks like something you'd enjoy.

SilentScreams
12-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Me and my friends just got back into Necromunda. I love this game so much.
I was considering going back to WH40k proper, but I just don't have that kind of spare cash at the moment. Necromunda is a nice cheap fix.

KamaItachi
12-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Me and my friends just got back into Necromunda. I love this game so much.
I was considering going back to WH40k proper, but I just don't have that kind of spare cash at the moment. Necromunda is a nice cheap fix.

I actually preferred Necromunda to 40k since it was a more in depth, smaller version that you could play for very little actual money.

Did you ever get to try Inquisitor? That could end up costing you a lot but all you really needed for that was a few models.

SilentScreams
12-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I actually preferred Necromunda to 40k since it was a more in depth, smaller version that you could play for very little actual money.

Did you ever get to try Inquisitor? That could end up costing you a lot but all you really needed for that was a few models.

I do like the RPG elements behind Necromunda. And the way every gang member has a name makes you care about them a lot more than Random Space Marine #18...that and the fact that if they fall in battle, they could die for good or get crippled.

I never tried Inquisitor. Whenever I went to my "local" GW (it's like 30 miles away), they never had it. I suppose I could look on Amazon and stuff.
It definitely interests me though. I recently bought and read the Eisenhorn trilogy, and I really like the idea of playing an Inquisitor.

LongStepMantis
12-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestions all! The part that really makes me sad is I used to own every one of the games I listed earlier. Over the years since I was young, I've lost either the entire game or most of the pieces/cards/etc. for those I still have.

I found the box for HeroQuest when I was at my parent's house over Thanksgiving. My eyes lit up like I was 10 all over again. Then I opened it and realized almost all of pieces weren't there, the rule and map books were gone, and almost half of the cards were missing. I even had a couple expansions at one point. Sad panda is I. :(

I'll be looking over the games you all suggested while I drown my sorrow in cheap whiskey and think of the awesome games I would still have if I had been a kid who kept his shit in one piece.
I also just remembered I used to have Doom Troopers...I hate myself as a kid for not taking care of myself as an adult's things.

pseudopseudo
12-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Fable 2, Gear 2 or LoTR Conquest.

Check the subforum you're in, sir. ;)

Xerxes
12-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Check the subforum you're in, sir. ;)

Ummm, I knew that. :o

TheKeck
12-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Oh...well that's just flat out embarrassing!

Well in that case has anyone heard of an Italian card game called Bang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang!)?

Just played that for the first time the other night.
Heard of it? I own it. ;)

TheKeck
12-09-2008, 11:47 PM
You might like pandemic (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/30549), it's pretty different from other boardgames where you play together to try to eradicate a virus. It's also pretty cheap at boards and bits (http://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=20220).

Also you can never go wrong with lost cities (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/50) :), my favorite 2 player game.
We played Pandemic quite a few times at work. Pretty fun, I thought, but we found it to be quite hard. (Unless we played on ultra prissy mode.)

Lost Cities is all right, if you enjoy being TROUNCED BY YOUR WIFE! (Maybe that's just me, though.) :o

Scull
12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
We played Pandemic quite a few times at work. Pretty fun, I thought, but we found it to be quite hard. (Unless we played on ultra prissy mode.)

Lost Cities is all right, if you enjoy being TROUNCED BY YOUR WIFE! (Maybe that's just me, though.) :o
No, I also enjoy being trounced by your wife. ;)

AliasRomanian
12-11-2008, 11:37 AM

I aswell enjoy being humiliated by my wife with Lost Cities. During our first game I was planning on letting her win because if she wins she will give a game another chance, but she totally whooped me.

Also I didn't know there was a prissy way to play the game :). Have you played Shadows over Camelot Keck?