PDA

View Full Version : Chromehounds

Spockrocket
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
I was just looking through my 360 library for something to play when I spotted Chromehounds. I haven't played this in well over a year now, but now it's all I can think about. It was good times, but you couldn't experience the best part of the game, the war, without a Squad. Somehow every Squad I joined fell apart shortly after so eventually I moved on to other games.

As I was reminiscing, an idea hit me like a Mack truck on Jupiter.

If anyone would like to blow up some mechs, mayhaps we could put together a CoG squad? Or if one already exists and there happens to be an open slot maybe I could get an invite? :D

KamaItachi
02-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Man, I loved Chromehounds. I'd totally be up for more as well.

Ten19
02-13-2009, 09:08 AM
I've always been a big fan of Chromehounds, a CoG Squad would be fun!

CES
02-13-2009, 10:12 AM
The main problem with Chromehounds is you need rather large amounts of people to get a good multiplayer game going. Otherwise, you might as well throw away half of the unit roles.

Spockrocket
02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm glad to see there's some interest! It's true that you need a good number of people to really play, but if we can get at least six people, that's a full game right there. I'm sure we could figure something out.

ClannerDelta
02-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm game, do they even have the servers still running for the war?

Jboy001
02-13-2009, 10:44 AM
A friend gave me this game over a year ago, never got very far... is the multiplayer more interesting than the single player?

Khrymsyn
02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
A friend gave me this game over a year ago, never got very far... is the multiplayer more interesting than the single player?

Multiplayer is at the same time the best and worst video game experience EVER.

Man, I miss the chicken o'doom! Sadly, I traded off my copy ages ago.

Wraitheist
02-13-2009, 11:29 AM
The Drunken Gamers guys are putting together a Chromehounds night. Check out their site for the info.

ClannerDelta
02-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Man, I miss the chicken o'doom! Sadly, I traded off my copy ages ago.

Use cannons! AIM FOR THE LEGS! OMG HE HAS 4 CANNONS!

Goronmon
02-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Still have my copy.

Sl1pstream
02-14-2009, 10:49 AM
I've sold my copy a while ago so I won't be joining.

Spockrocket
02-14-2009, 01:34 PM
I won't be able to get online until tomorrow night at the earliest, but it looks like we may have enough people to start a squad :D

Talanvor
02-14-2009, 09:37 PM
I have Chromehounds, the last time I tried to play was when the other site was still popular. And then I couldn't connected to anybody, for some reason.

Badger
02-15-2009, 06:08 AM
I might be up for some houndin', plus I have a CoG logo ready-made :D
So who's starting the squad, and what's it gonna be called?

Jboy001
02-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Would I need to unlock anything before jumping into multiplayer or can I just be a noob with a big mech right away?

Badger
02-15-2009, 08:32 AM
There are some parts you can only get through singleplayer, but pretty much everything worthwhile is available in the multiplayer shops. Note: in order to unlock everything, you need to play on each of the 3 sides in the online war once and buy everything in their shops. I can help out straight away with cash (I got 84 million I can't do anything with except give away) and it's fully possible to build a competitive hound from parts of only one military.

Badger
02-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Ok me and Jboy have just set up a squad, "C0G" (that's a zero for an O) on Morskoj side. No password, so if you see us online just jump in and we'll accept you.

Spockrocket
02-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Nice, I'll jump online tonight and join. Thanks Badger!

Panthera
02-15-2009, 11:28 AM
I think I need to get in on this. What little I played of the multiplayer I loved.

Ten19
02-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Busting out Chromehounds for the first time in a long time to get in on this :)

Jboy001
02-15-2009, 09:26 PM
do you guys wanna try and setup a time to blow up some robots?

Spockrocket
02-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Well, I can't switch over to Morskoj. For some reason the games thinks I switched allegiances within the past 2 weeks so it looks like it may be a while before I can join you all :(

Jboy001
02-17-2009, 01:33 PM
so when did you guys want to blow some stuff up?

Badger
02-17-2009, 07:29 PM
We could party-up and play some free battles while people are still stranded outside Morskoj. I'm in the UK and can't use my mic past about 10pm GMT (keeps everyone awake), but I can battle on without it. Would be good to see some more fellow CoG'ers blasting it up, add my gamertag if you're keen.

If we wanna set up a regular day/time to play I'm good for Wednesdays, Thursdays and weekends.

Spockrocket
02-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah, once my allegiance issue is settled I'll be available on weekends. Weekdays, it gets iffy.

Spacetronaut
02-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I have this game but I've never played it because by the time I got it it seemed like there was nobody playing it. I'm definitely down to play if you guys decide on a night.

Badger
02-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Ok just to let anyone who might still be interested know: War #88 is over and everything has been reset, so anyone stranded outside our squad can now switch sides and join up.

To be clear, the squad allegiance is now Tarakia. Squad name is still C0G (zero for an 'O').

This is so that we can quickly circulate the different countries and get all the parts for everyone. As I said before, in order to collect every hound part you need to buy everything from the in-game shop in Morskoj, Tarakia and Sal Kar. That means spending one war in each country, and about 3 million in each shop. I still have 84 million credits so buying everything you need won't be a problem.

While we're still kicking around, do people want to do some battling this Saturday? If we get enough people together we can set up some intra-squad matches for people to learn the ropes and improve their hound builds.

Spockrocket
02-25-2009, 06:58 PM
yayyyyyyy I can finally join lol. I'll be applying later tonight, and Im up for playing Saturday.

EDIT: It still won't let me switch! Gaaahhhh

Well, maybe by Saturday I'll finally be able to join.

Primus
02-25-2009, 07:05 PM
I bought the game but got rather confused playing it online by myself (Couldn't tell who was on who's team, especially when in the night levels). I would be interested, as I kept the copy for some reason, and I always wanted to see what this game offered.

Whoever is doing this give me an invite (Primus DCE) and I will check it out. I will be an ultra noob though, as a caveat.

Ten19
02-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Switched over to Morskoj in anticipation of joining the C0G squad, now I'll have to wait 2 weeks for Tarakia :/

Badger
02-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh man, sorry Ten19!

You can still join us in some free battles on Saturday if we get enough people together. We'll keep the matches small and kick non-Coggers so we can get some productive practice in.

In the mean-time, I hope you're purchasing every last thing in the shop if you haven't already! Make yourself a one-man squad for now. Once you can efficiently beat the CPU in Neroimus war 1 on 1's, cash starts flowing pretty easily. In fact, I urge everyone to get a few practice runs in against the CPU in the Neroimus war, it'll help you learn the maps and improve your aim.

Sorry if I missed you Spockrocket, it's near enough 4am here so I better get some sleep.

Xerxes
02-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Holy shit! Chromehounds is back?

Goronmon
02-26-2009, 07:08 AM
I'll try to get on this Saturday. Been a long time since I've loaded up this game.

miah
02-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I traded mine off on goozex a while back. I had some really good times with this game. Multiplayer was totally frustrating at times though. I really wish it had taken off. I think that there still needs to be a good battlemech style game for the 360.

Badger
02-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Alright, I aim to be on from 7pm GMT (2pm EST) so if anyone is about then, hop on, join the squad, add my gamertag or whatever. Once we have a few people together I'll be setting up some free battles so even if you can't get into the squad (Ten19 for instance) we can throw out invites and you can still join us.

I was thinking as soon as we have at least 4 people on I'll start a 2vs2, team survival (have to kill enemy hounds to win, no respawn) and we'll keep cycling through the maps and changing teams about, trying different hound builds etc. I still have buckets of cash so if you're already in the squad I can throw you a few million to buy parts.

Are people keen for that? Once again I'll be on from 7pm GMT (2pm EST) until whenever, so if it's too early for some I'll still try and be around for the rest of the night.

Spockrocket
02-28-2009, 07:56 AM
That sounds good to me. Unless something comes up I'll be on.

Jboy001
02-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey, it's time to play join up!

Goronmon
02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Damnit, I completely forgot about this. You guys end up getting any decent games going?

Badger
02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Well it was just me, Jboy and Spockrocket so we ended up doing a few 3vs3 on CPU's, and one quick 2vs1. I don't know if they stayed on and did much more battling, I had to go out for a bit after that.

It's quite interesting helping out players at different stages of development, I've passed Jboy a heavy gunner design as I can see he has strengths in "making shit blow up" and Spockrocket has a good eye with those sniper cannons and will benefit from some hound tweakin'. We're already at a point where CPU's aren't a match for us while we're playing to our strengths, but I think we still need some heavy practice against humans before taking on any more human squads in the war.

It's mostly tactics, like knowing when and where to advance and when to get out of Dodge. CPU's don't really use any so the step up is deceptively big. We had some fun though :) Hope to see some more familiar names getting involved, the more the merrier in this game!

Jboy001
02-28-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm just plinking around w/ tiger woods if you guys want to play some more :)

Badger
02-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Ah it's gone 3am, I should hit the hay. I'll try and be on tomorrow though, probably in the daytime between midday and 5 (7-midday EST) and maybe after 10 (5pm EST). I'll send you an invite if I see you on Jboy.

Badger
03-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Sorry for being absent these past weeks, had a lot of uni work to pile through and Saturday became working or drinking day. Anybody keen for some blasting this weekend? I can be on pretty much Saturday afternoon onwards I think.

Oh, we may be able to move country again so anybody looking for Sal Kar parts can stock up.

Jboy001
03-26-2009, 09:29 AM
end of the fiscal quarter for me, ill be busy all weekend sorry.

but don't count me out for future engagements, it's a lot of fun when we get some people together!

Spockrocket
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm up for this weekend. For once I won't even just be procrastinating, I actually have some free time lol