PDA

View Full Version : So I think I stole gas...

diablopath
12-24-2008, 01:43 AM
I filled my tank up today for eaaclty $20.

Checking my online anking statment, that stranstion is not on there.

Does asnyobyd know if that stuff taeks a while to post?
I'mma shit myself if cops come to mhy door and arrest me or osetmhing for this shit.

Whunpo
12-24-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that for the last 8 years, the gas companies have been stealing from you, so no worries.

Jeffool
12-24-2008, 01:46 AM
I'm assuming you used a debit card, then? Yeah, it can often take time. And if you paid at the pump, the pump wouldn't even work if it didn't register your card. And if you paid in store, well, it's the clerk's fault for not properly swiping the card.

Just don't go spending all your money right before Christmas and forget about that $20 you have. Figure it in when you buy anything.

diablopath
12-24-2008, 01:47 AM
I'm assuming you used a debit card, then? Yeah, it can often take time. And if you paid at the pump, the pump wouldn't even work if it didn't register your card. And if you paid in store, well, it's the clerk's fault for not properly swiping the card.

Just don't go spending all your money right before Christmas and forget about that $20 you have. Figure it in when you buy anything.

I alredy logged in t in my book thing with the cheks and whatnot. I just got it leik a fw days ago, and Ive neve used it vefore but I did log tthe gas thin for the $20.

IF sit doesnt post tomrrow, I suppos i can just go in and pahy/?
Or mahyb jjst see if ic an get away with it:P

Murtaug
12-24-2008, 01:48 AM
I know my credit cards sometimes take some time to update. Get a receipt at all?

I somewhat doubt cops will be coming to arrest you. Unless you were in the same state then, that you seem to be when you typed this post out.. you know, drunk. ;)

diablopath
12-24-2008, 01:50 AM
I know my credit cards sometimes take some time to update. Get a receipt at all?

I somewhat doubt cops will be coming to arrest you. Unless you were in the same state then, that you seem to be when you typed this post out.. you know, drunk. ;)

I wa nost.

Jeffool
12-24-2008, 01:54 AM
No, it'll take it out. It just takes time. Don't worry at all, diablo. Just keep that log going, even if it seems bothersome. It'll save you a headache that _just_ using the atm card can cause. ;)

diablopath
12-24-2008, 01:58 AM
No, it'll take it out. It just takes time. Don't worry at all, diablo. Just keep that log going, even if it seems bothersome. It'll save you a headache that _just_ using the atm card can cause. ;)

Man im jsud excited to site my first check.
Wasing to get piad (in aobout an hour0 to buy mhy DS. Ill juste a check, just cause. >..

carnage11
12-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Well with my bank card, (WaMu) if I use credit, it can take up to a week to show up. Though it shows as pending after a couple of days on my online statement. If I use Debit, however, it shows up immediately. Not sure what bank you use, but do you have a way to show running balance or actual balance? Running balance will show things that are pending but have not gone through yet.

edit: oh....and are you drunk? you seem to be having some trouble typing there. :D

diablopath
12-24-2008, 02:14 AM
Im not sure if it ssrnning or acivce.
I used it d as credit, so I dnno.

I guess i houldnt worry abgout it, i'll give ktd a day or wtwo before I panic.

And ysd si have a few drinks. ol.o
Glenfnficdich is a god

Grifter
12-24-2008, 02:30 AM
I filled my tank up today for eaaclty $20.

Checking my online anking statment, that stranstion is not on there.

Does asnyobyd know if that stuff taeks a while to post?
I'mma shit myself if cops come to mhy door and arrest me or osetmhing for this shit.

I alredy logged in t in my book thing with the cheks and whatnot. I just got it leik a fw days ago, and Ive neve used it vefore but I did log tthe gas thin for the $20.

IF sit doesnt post tomrrow, I suppos i can just go in and pahy/?
Or mahyb jjst see if ic an get away with it:P

I wa nost.

Man im jsud excited to site my first check.
Wasing to get piad (in aobout an hour0 to buy mhy DS. Ill juste a check, just cause. >..

Im not sure if it ssrnning or acivce.
I used it d as credit, so I dnno.

I guess i houldnt worry abgout it, i'll give ktd a day or wtwo before I panic.

And ysd si have a few drinks. ol.o
Glenfnficdich is a god

If you drive and or pump gas anything like you type you may want to think about never driving again. If your typing like a lobotomized monkey on crack because you are drunk and you were in this condition pumping gas and/or driving home you're a fucking twat and I hope the cops do come to your house, kick your ass and arrest you.

If you're typing this way because someone pissed on your keyboard and it only works sporadically now, you have stumps for hands or your next door neighbors child chewed off all your fingers then I apologize for being so insensitive and recommend being patient, your account will be charged.

total
12-24-2008, 02:44 AM
If you drive and or pump gas anything like you type you may want to think about never driving again. If your typing like a lobotomized monkey on crack because you are drunk and you were in this condition pumping gas and/or driving home you're a fucking twat and I hope the cops do come to your house, kick your ass and arrest you.

If you're typing this way because someone pissed on your keyboard and it only works sporadically now, you have stumps for hands or your next door neighbors child chewed off all your fingers then I apologize for being so insensitive and recommend being patient, your account will be charged.

Do it again.

Grifter
12-24-2008, 02:52 AM
Do it again.

Uuuhh... OK, but this is the last time. I'm not a big fan of encores.

mister slim
12-24-2008, 03:34 AM
Credit cards typical place a hold on your card when you buy something and then process the transaction later. This is mostly for purchases when the transaction amounts can change, like at a restaurant where the tip isn't available to be calculated or pre-paying for gas where you may not actually need the full amount you pre-pay. Some places will simply put the original hold transaction through, but other business will remove the hold (or let it be removed) without charging you and put through a later charge for the same amount. Some banks will also remove transactions that haven't been completed with in a certain period of time.

Anyway, don't worry about it. The transaction will show up eventually.

Kielaran
12-24-2008, 06:21 AM
<3 drunk posts

roboninja
12-24-2008, 07:45 AM
<3 drunk posts

It's like a cat walked across his keyboard while he was typing. A drunk cat.

Zrikz
12-24-2008, 08:04 AM
It's like a cat walked across his keyboard while he was typing. A drunk cat.

God I hate when my cat gets drunk.... she walks all over my keyboard.

Purple Santa
12-24-2008, 09:15 AM
My cats party enough without being drunk! They type all the time for me...no booze for my cats...

Purple Santa
12-24-2008, 09:18 AM
I think a mod should change the title to " I think I passed gas...

Mr. Murphy
12-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Holy cow, I haven't seen typing like that since my college roommate tried to 'chronicle' his acid trip on his blog.

OldeWolf
12-24-2008, 09:34 AM
I think this is why it didn't show up on his account yet:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/WeirdPoe/redneckBBQ.jpg

zarathstra
12-24-2008, 10:19 AM
IN all seriousness, I wouldn't worry about it unless it fails to show up in the next week and a half or so. If you ran it as credit, it can take a few days, and with Christmas tomorrow and New Year's right around the corner, it might take a little longer than normal.

AboveAvgCharles
12-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Just wait until the OPEC ninjas crash through his window and abduct him for his crime. Then you'll all see.

zarathstra
12-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Just wait until the OPEC ninjas crash through his window and abduct him for his crime. Then you'll all see.

OPEC doesn't have ninjas, OPEC has assassins!

(I think that joke only works if you know the origin of the word "assassin")

Purple Santa
12-24-2008, 10:38 AM
OPEC doesn't have ninjas, OPEC has assassins!

(I think that joke only works if you know the origin of the word "assassin")

Very true. I found out where the word came originated from watching The Crusades on the history channel. Then again playing Assassins Creed I think. OPEC assassins...has a nice historic ring to it :)

diablopath
12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Err, sorry for the drunk posting.
And no, I wouldn't drink and drive. The gas transaction took place about 12 hours before my first shot.

It still hasn't posted. Make's me kind of nervous. I recently changed banks, so I'm not entirely sure how this one handles things, but previous banks have never given me an issue with taking a while to post stuff from this gas station.

I'll give it a few days to see, then I'll go pay them.

cppcrusader
12-24-2008, 12:06 PM
And no, I wouldn't drink and drive. The gas transaction took place about 12 hours before my first shot.

It still hasn't posted. Make's me kind of nervous. I recently changed banks, so I'm not entirely sure how this one handles things, but previous banks have never given me an issue with taking a while to post stuff from this gas station.

I'll give it a few days to see, then I'll go pay them.

The purchase was approved when you made it right? Then you don't need to worry about it. The time it takes for a purchase to post depends on both your bank and where you purchased from. Sometimes your bank may take up to a week to process it, sometimes the station doesn't deposit their credit receipts for a week.

If the station had thought you stole their gas you'd already have had an interesting conversation with the cops.

diablopath
12-24-2008, 12:17 PM
The purchase was approved when you made it right? Then you don't need to worry about it. The time it takes for a purchase to post depends on both your bank and where you purchased from. Sometimes your bank may take up to a week to process it, sometimes the station doesn't deposit their credit receipts for a week.

If the station had thought you stole their gas you'd already have had an interesting conversation with the cops.

Well, I dunno.
You throw your card in, and it'll either approve or deny it.
The station doesn't require that you prepay, so it may be possible that it declined it, and I went ahead and pumped.

I'm starting to think I'm just worrying too much about it.
I'm pretty sure I saw the "Receipt Yes/No" prompt, which I hit "No" because I didn't want to go inside.
I guess I need to go inside from now on :P.

zarathstra
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Well, I dunno.
The station doesn't require that you prepay, so it may be possible that it declined it, and I went ahead and pumped.

I'm pretty sure I saw the "Receipt Yes/No" prompt, which I hit "No" because I didn't want to go inside.

Most pumps have a receipt printer right there.

Grifter
12-24-2008, 12:22 PM

That is good to hear and I really wouldn't worry about it everything should go through by Friday evening at the latest and if it doesn't, well, you got free gas.

carnage11
12-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, I dunno.

The pump won't activate until your card is approved. If it's denied, it will display a message telling you to see the cashier. If you pumped gas then it was approved and you got charged. Just make sure to note that charge until it goes through, because it's very easy to over draft when something goes through that you forgot about. Like I said, you should be able to check your running balance, which is more accurate. The receipt should get printed at the pump, unless you're at a really old gas station. I always say no to receipts because I don't like paper trails with my bank info on them. You'd be surprised what someone can do with a simple receipt.

diablopath
12-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Most pumps have a receipt printer right there.

I know this.
But this gas station makes you go inside.

And about the pump not activating if my card isn't accepted.
The pumps are *already* activated. Like, I could pull up, pump gas, then go inside and pay cash.

I'm just worrying too much about it though.
And if not, hey, FREE GAS! Fuck you, Shell!

Abednigo
12-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Do you have a mysterious $1 charge on your account? Nearly every time I get gas a $1 charge/debit posts to my account first (I guess it's to verify that my account exists or something), then a few days later the whole debit goes through. It's been like that for as long as I've had a car (17 years or so).

n3rdXcore
12-24-2008, 07:06 PM
There have been plenty of times where transactions take time to be posed to my bank website (which is why I always get receipts to balance my checkbook, instead of balancing it off of my bank's website). Typically for me, debit transactions post immediately, with some taking a few days if it's over a holiday or weekend. Credit transactions almost always take 2 or 3 business days to be posted. I wouldn't worry about it too much. But god, I love reading drunk posts, haha.

Pale Ale
12-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I know this.
But this gas station makes you go inside.

And about the pump not activating if my card isn't accepted.
The pumps are *already* activated. Like, I could pull up, pump gas, then go inside and pay cash.

I'm just worrying too much about it though.
And if not, hey, FREE GAS! Fuck you, Shell!

What kind of fucking gas station is that? This is totally a trap, on the bright side Shell is Dutch so your assassins will be hot blonds in skintight leather.

Then after they kill your family in front of your eyes you can finally start your life quest to destroy them. :D

SpacemanSpiff757
12-24-2008, 07:57 PM
it really depends on when it posts to your bank account. For instance, my (and I'm assuming most) bank/s close at noon on Saturday, if I post a debit transaction anytime after noon on Saturday it usually doesn't post to my online records until roughly Tuesday. I'm sure I'm reiterating what most people have already said, but with the holiday, I'm sure there is going to be bigger window than that with all the transactions going in and out on peoples accounts. Again, just give it time and figure it in to your spending. If it doesn't post after a month, well then enjoy your free tank of gas.